• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Twitter ITK Banning Thread

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
There are some ITK's way more reliable than most tabloid newspapers and even Sky Sports nowadays.

Anyways Chris Mular is reliable, don't even consider him an ITK as he's above such a horrid tag.

The guy who claimed on April 14 that Wenger's job depended on winning Europa league and that Arsène had told everyone at Arsenal that he would never step down even if they lost out on the EL title? And this big revelation came three days after he was teasing that he had big news on the weekend? And who on the same day said Luis Enrique was already confirmed as Chelsea manager?

(They let several of the coaching staff go today.)

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
The guy who claimed on April 14 that Wenger's job depended on winning Europa league and that Arséne had told everyone at Arsenal that he would never step down even if they lost out on the EL title? And this big revelation came three days after he was teasing that he had big news on the weekend? And who on the same day said Luis Enrique was already confirmed as Chelsea manager?

@Tir Na Nog

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Part of the fun with transfer season is people getting hyped over stupid rumours and all the highs and lows that come with that(especially if it turns out to be true in the end), but I know I'm in the minority with that opinion..

Agreed that excitement when you see a thread jumped 15+ pages since you last visited A-M...
:bounce:

Yeah most likely its all BS off topic stuff off the back of a nothing twitter rumor but surely its more fun than checking Arsenal.com once a week. I mean what the hell would I do at work!? I'm not trying to get **** done FFS I'm trying to hang out online with ya'll.

Admittedly some accounts really really shouldnt be posted (ie Indikilla level BSers) so I like the idea behind this thread, but I've always felt those trash 'ITKs' should be treated like posting Sun articles where your account should be looked into for trolling if linked, transfer window wouldn't be complete on A-M without a cryptic Dean tweet and the argument that follows.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The Lemar deal was agreed to but the late timing of it caused it to fail. It was too late for Monaco's liking. This does not debunk Mole or Plug, imo.

If you're going to rate ITKs then you need to compare their percentages on their hits. Quoting one or two incorrect leaks is not really enough to debunk them. Teams can quickly change their minds on who they pursue.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for all that, maybe Wenger changed his mind for whatever reason and maybe Enrique was supposed to be Chelsea's manager but they opted out because of his wage demands.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
More from this bullshitter.

He said that retweeting this tweet of his own:

Gee, I guess I should be paid for saying Arsenal needs center backs too.

Here's another good one.

So I checked back to see how he "called" these things.

Alexis -- Hell, everybody in the media was saying Arsenal would sell Alexis in January once the deadline day deal fell through. We didn't need "inside information" from this doofus to figure that as a possibility.

Özil -- Wenger had expressed confidence in getting something done with Özil, so again no inside info needed.

Mkhitaryan -- His only tweet "calling" Micki was one repeating something he read in the tabloid media; that Arsenal didn't want Micki (something I seriously doubt with Mislintat doing the recruiting), but might have to settle for him if they couldn't get somebody better.

Aubameyang -- His tweet about this merely said that "the links are genuine," i.e., just saying that what he read in the papers was true.

Guy reminds me of some combination of a sideshow fortune teller and Donald Trump's twitter feed (for the constant tooting of his own horn).

IslingtonBornandbred

@American_Gooner @Aevius

How do you actually debunk a Twitter account though or an "ITK"? For me, little geeks behind Twitter accounts making things up should't be posted by anyone but I seem no harm in someone posting a tweet from one of the Twitter accounts with a large following whether that's AFCAMDEN, Darren Arsenal, FK, Tim Payton or whatever. Wasn't that Darren Arsenal bloke the one who broke the coaches meeting today? I guess it doesn't mean he's never been wrong in the past or won't be wrog in the future but the nature of transfers and the like means things can change up to the last minute. Maybe rather than a thread like this, you could just have one thread for all high profile Twitter accounts. If we are linked with a player (let's say one of our favourites Benzema), I think it would be a shame if someone like Darren Arsenal posts " Benzema, done deal" and nobody can post or discuss it, but I understand the thinking behind trying to keep a handle on it or filter it so threads don't descend into chaos.

@American_Gooner

On Plug, I'd keep an eye on him based on the connections I've discovered. He's just a kid, but you are looking at a guy who's dad alone is closely to the club from the late 80's going forward. That's George Graham, Dein, all the players and it's a relationship that's continued throughout the years. There's no point me banging the drug because I don't really care but his family is so closely intertwined with the "old school" Arsenal and also part of a close knit Jewish community with a number of high profile football agents in the North London area (Cockfosters, Hadley Wood, Totteridge, Mill Hill) it's worth looking at the stuff he's saying.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Didn't know about this Mular bloke. Here's one he got:

Been banging the Arteta drum since Feb:

Says he called Neymar to PSG, but can't be arsed to search that far back. Camden credits him for calling Woj to Juve.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Teams can quickly change their minds on who they pursue.

Well, that's the problem with 'evaluating' ITKs without being an insider yourself. ITK says we're after Player X, team changes targets or circumstances change, and people assume ITK'er is a fraud (which they claim with utter certainty), since they're not willing to consider any other possibilities.

Constant bs'ers are obvious. There are others, such as the mighty Dank Memes, who deserve the benefit of the doubt.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Plug and Mole at least apologize for getting information wrong or presenting it incorrectly. Other "ITKs" just delete their incorrect tweets and we have to go dig up everything they got wrong. That's nearly impossible to track.

Dealing with sources and leaks will always lead to incorrect leaks from time to time. Being honorable and admitting it means more for their character than trying to be right 100% of the time. It's unrealistic, imo.

Top Bottom