• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Twitter ITK Banning Thread

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There are some ITK's way more reliable than most tabloid newspapers and even Sky Sports nowadays.

Anyways Chris Mular is reliable, don't even consider him an ITK as he's above such a horrid tag.

say yes

forum master baiter
Great idea. Transfer forum was almost unreadable at points last summer.

However, would it not be easier to simply just have a list of confirmed frauds that cannot be posted?

This approved / denied system seems a little overbearing given how quickly transfer rumours develop. All the discussion (for multiple players) could be taking part at the same time in this thread when we’re waiting for mod approval to post in the respective player threads.

Feel free to ignore me on this, but I would humbly suggest a better system would be to scrap the need for ‘approval’ and allow all twitter accounts to be posted in the appropriate threads unless they were on the list of barred accounts.

Any member who posts a barred account could easily be drawn to a mod’s attention and the post removed with the report system. And that member could then be warned and/or have their posting rights for the transfer forum removed.

That system would be much less work for you mods as would place the onus on members to think before they post (as they should do).

Any discussion about whether an account should be barred could still take place in this thread but you would no longer need to make difficult decisions about which accounts are to be ‘approved’ - something I’d suggest is much harder to get people to agree on than outright frauds.

Just my two cents..

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The ones that who actually have some info don't have it for more than a season.

Look at Dean and Geoff. Both were good for a window and that was as it.

Does Dean even get team news right anymore?

I'd go as far as put both, plug and fk on debunked as a starting pole. Same for mole.

Should we not change the name Transfer rumors to Transfer news instead? (I'm not being serious so please don't send me death threats!)

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Better off sticking with a blanket ban. 'Evaluating' is pointless unless you have all the behind-the-scenes info yourself. Back in 2016, Camden linked us heavily to Mkhi. He ended up signing for United. People trashed Dean. Then this past January, Wenger himself confirmed that we tried to sign Mkhi in 2o16 (http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...-henrikh-mkhitaryan-in-2016-but-it-didnt-work).

I mean, some are straightforward to judge like Indykaila and the ilk. Others, less so.

Stannis

anigif_enhanced-22749-1445032329-2.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This good idea even tho I'm pretty sure there is no reliable ITK about Arsenal than before. AMDEN and Geoff aren't reliable anymore they became c**ts with everyone disagreed with then

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm sorry, but this whole idea is just a waste of bandwidth. It's been proven many times that no one has ITK on any transfer on-goings, and anyone with a couple of braincells should be able to work that out. The only person who had any information was 2016 Dean who clearly knew someone at Colney.

Leave it to the journalists who dedicate their lives to being snitches to give us information instead of illiterate wankers on Twitter who call themselves farm animals.
Its true what you say but it's important for new members here so they'll not post stuff from the plug AFC and many others.

IslingtonBornandbred

Interesting thread. I've been trying to figure it out because I don't think you'll ever get an "approved" ITK or similar. Even journalists with their various contacts get things wrong and things change. You might get someone "ITK" or who know's something but there's no way of verifying their information or future information. There are people out there (in real life) who do know more than the typical fan due to various contacts but it's very rare they'll have a Twitter account and claim to be "ITK". These are just wannabes and losers. There are some genuine people though like Tim Payton who is well connected and might get bits and pieces but whether he tweets them or not and is right is another matter.

It has to be said as well, even if an ex player like Ian Wright or Lee Dixon said something like "I've heard they are trying to sign insertplayer" we'd still just have to wait and see.

With that said, I just want to say on "ThePlug" I've dug deep, I've gone real deep on him and inside his very being. I think he does it for attention, the notoriety and he'll end up stopping doing what he'd doing once he grows up. It's difficult because he's a kid and a weirdo but his close family i.e dad and uncles are very closely connected to people who are very closely connected to Arsenal, more so the old school bunch but I'm talking former board members, former chairman and his family, former players going back to the mid-late 80's and a number of high profile agents like Rob Segal. His Dad Mr Plug, was so well connected that he was on the 1989 victory parade bus and seen getting off the coach with the late Rocky Rocastle in the movie "89".

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. It's not really a big deal if we or anyone knows one week in advance that we are going to sign a player or something, but I'd say, even though when initially seeing MrPlug I thought who's this freak talking rubbish but having looked into him I'd say if you are interested in this sort of thing then I'd definitely keep an eye out on what he has to say. That's not to say he can't embellish information or his information may be wrong but I'd definitely keep an eye out based on his close family connections alone.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Great idea. Transfer forum was almost unreadable at points last summer.

However, would it not be easier to simply just have a list of confirmed frauds that cannot be posted?

This approved / denied system seems a little overbearing given how quickly transfer rumours develop. All the discussion (for multiple players) could be taking part at the same time in this thread when we’re waiting for mod approval to post in the respective player threads.

Feel free to ignore me on this, but I would humbly suggest a better system would be to scrap the need for ‘approval’ and allow all twitter accounts to be posted in the appropriate threads unless they were on the list of barred accounts.

Any member who posts a barred account could easily be drawn to a mod’s attention and the post removed with the report system. And that member could then be warned and/or have their posting rights for the transfer forum removed.

That system would be much less work for you mods as would place the onus on members to think before they post (as they should do).

Any discussion about whether an account should be barred could still take place in this thread but you would no longer need to make difficult decisions about which accounts are to be ‘approved’ - something I’d suggest is much harder to get people to agree on than outright frauds.

Just my two cents..
Interesting thread. I've been trying to figure it out because I don't think you'll ever get an "approved" ITK or similar. Even journalists with their various contacts get things wrong and things change. You might get someone "ITK" or who know's something but there's no way of verifying their information or future information. There are people out there (in real life) who do know more than the typical fan due to various contacts but it's very rare they'll have a Twitter account and claim to be "ITK". These are just wannabes and losers. There are some genuine people though like Tim Payton who is well connected and might get bits and pieces but whether he tweets them or not and is right is another matter.

It has to be said as well, even if an ex player like Ian Wright or Lee Dixon said something like "I've heard they are trying to sign insertplayer" we'd still just have to wait and see.

With that said, I just want to say on "ThePlug" I've dug deep, I've gone real deep on him and inside his very being. I think he does it for attention, the notoriety and he'll end up stopping doing what he'd doing once he grows up. It's difficult because he's a kid and a weirdo but his close family i.e dad and uncles are very closely connected to people who are very closely connected to Arsenal, more so the old school bunch but I'm talking former board members, former chairman and his family, former players going back to the mid-late 80's and a number of high profile agents like Rob Segal. His Dad Mr Plug, was so well connected that he was on the 1989 victory parade bus and seen getting off the coach with the late Rocky Rocastle in the movie "89".

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. It's not really a big deal if we or anyone knows one week in advance that we are going to sign a player or something, but I'd say, even though when initially seeing MrPlug I thought who's this freak talking rubbish but having looked into him I'd say if you are interested in this sort of thing then I'd definitely keep an eye out on what he has to say. That's not to say he can't embellish information or his information may be wrong but I'd definitely keep an eye out based on his close family connections alone.
I'm fine with this thread being used for both approving and barring accounts. But we'll keep the system (ie blanket ban) as I've described it for the summer and then we'll reassess it for future transfer windows.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Part of the fun with transfer season is people getting hyped over stupid rumours and all the highs and lows that come with that(especially if it turns out to be true in the end), but I know I'm in the minority with that opinion..

Aevi

Hale End FC
Part of the fun with transfer season is people getting hyped over stupid rumours and all the highs and lows that come with that(especially if it turns out to be true in the end), but I know I'm in the minority with that opinion..
I actually agree, but several have expressed that they don't so we're trying something. If it doesn't work out, we can always change it.

I'll start a poll and let you lot decide how you want it. I think that's fair, and hopefully that leaves most people happy.

Top Bottom