• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tyrone Mings

a_fourteen

Established Member
We've been linked with Ipswich centre back/left back Tyrone Mings. Anyone follow the tractor boys or have mates there who can get us a profile? He's being talked up in the media.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-news-transfers-move-ipswich-4418435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ar ... ch-4418435</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak
Palace had a bid rejected in the summer. Chelsea are interested, his dad is apparently on the Chelsea scouting team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Keep getting linked to him, apparently had scouts at the last Ipswich game. He's 6'2/6'3, which is massive for a fullback.

Mick Mcarthy reckons he'll be an England player soon.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never seen him play but he'd be a good Sagna-esque replacement in terms of playing across the entire back four. Heard his passing can be suspect when under pressure though, maybe he'd be moved to CB with Chambers pushed ahead.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
We lack a left footed CB. He has the physical attributes to provide that, so I can understand the interest.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

alan_halsallHS.jpg

Super signing really understands the mechanics of the game, think someone might be mucking us about with his height though

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everyone wants him apparently, Chelsea, City, Everton, Arsenal etc.

Pat Rice has been watching him, and as I said earlier, the guys father is employed by Chelsea.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11274471/Arsenal-to-bid-8-million-for-Ipswich-Towns-Tyrone-Mings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Mings.html</a>

£8M in January they're saying we'll offer.

Interesting that he come from Southampton and they had to let him go when they were struggling a few years ago. Sounds like a left footed Chambers.

Get him in and then get a top CB in the summer as I've got a feeling Monreal will be off and Mings can cover LB with Gibbs.

Iceman10

Established Member
THunter said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11274471/Arsenal-to-bid-8-million-for-Ipswich-Towns-Tyrone-Mings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£8M in January they're saying we'll offer.

Interesting that he come from Southampton and they had to let him go when they were struggling a few years ago. Sounds like a left footed Chambers.

Get him in and then get a top CB in the summer as I've got a feeling Monreal will be off and Mings can cover LB with Gibbs.

He plays mainly as LB at present, right? Long term that sounds like a plan but bringing him in January instead of someone more experienced at CB doesn't necessarily fix the depth issue, at least not immediately. Ideally I would bring him in and someone like Reid/Schar, looking at opening up Chambers to be played at CDM if required for match time and long term, but it won't happen. We always seem to end up skimping with the backline which comes back to bite us with injuries.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
This years defensive stats:

2.5 tackles 2.9 interceptions 4.2 clearances

offension

3 assists, 1.3 key passes, 1 dribble per game, 40 passes, 63 percent passing accuracy (poor the last 1)

Promising for a 21yo

GDeep™

League is very weak
Me thinks, potentially, Mings and Chambers backing up Per and Kos is Wengers lot at CB.

Chambers and Mings would also push at fullback in the short term.

No top CB incoming.

Loken

I almost didn't post this because it is soooo tenuous, but since it's been bumped a bit..

Okay, so bare with me... So my mate at Uni (also an Arsenal fan) went up to Cardiff recently with a couple of his mates and one of his friends is apparently pretty close to Tyrone Mings, who was told that the deal has already been done on a pre-contract for roughly £10m, and will go through in January.

So take this with the tiniest pinch of salt you can, but I thought I'd share it anyway...

Of course, it could just be likely he had a bit too much to drink and wanted to impress my mate, or maybe too much and let out the secret? Who knows haha :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
I remember through all of last season we were being linked with Chambers and I thought of it as absolute bullshit, just the media linking us as they do because of our reputation of having a preference for younger players and because he was popping at the time.

Maybe something to it...

musicmonkey

Established Member
GDeep said:
Me thinks, potentially, Mings and Chambers backing up Per and Kos is Wengers lot at CB.

Chambers and Mings would also push at fullback in the short term.

No top CB incoming.
Depends on the DM situation and if Wenger's plans for Chambers lie there.

With Mertesacker's age and the switch to pressing higher up the pitch that would benefit from a high line there's the potential he'd be the one cut if a top CB came in. Given the way Wenger dropped Jack for Özil i don't think Wenger would pass up a WC CB for the sake of a youngster if things lined up right any more.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nah I think we will get one like I said.
Monreal is constantly getting linked with a move back to Spain, Marca were saying he's wanted by Athletic the other day.

If we sign Mings in Jan, he can cover CB and then next season do what Chambers has been doing and cover/rotate with Gibbs to get used to the PL.

Debuchy, Bellerin/Jenkinson
CB, Koscielny, Chambers, Mertesacker
Gibbs, Mings

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wenger confirm in his today conference we are interested in Tyrone Mings.

BobP

Memri Fan
Actually true, said we were interested but tried to dismiss that there was anything concrete yet.

Toast

Established Member
Wenger said:
Speaking at his press conference, Wenger said: "We are following a few young players but we are not close to signing anybody".

However, when asked about Mings Wenger said: "He is one of the young players we follow".

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-Arsène-wenger-confirms-interest-in-ipswich-defender-tyrone-mings-9905500.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 05500.html</a>

Latest posts

Top Bottom