• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v PSG | 23rd of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolaa

Jenkinson once again exposed his weakness in the air and cost the goal, a defender must at least have some quality to head away a cross, you cannot blame a defender if he is outsized by an opponent, such as Bellerin which his strength is his pace so you are expected that he could outjumped by an opponent. But Jenkinson? offers nothing in attack and lack pace and cannot defend a simple cross.

When in the absence of Bellerin, really should have played Mustafi/ Gabriel if Wenger wants a RB to defend, or play Ox if he wants pace and contribute in attack(he has strength too) . Indeed, Mustafi are prone to errors for his lack of pace too in recent games, from all the performances of the defenders which I have watched this season, I reckon Holding is more reliable than Mustafi and Gabriel(clumsy tackles a times) when given chance, I would not comment on Per, because he has not featured a game this season i reckon and he is suitable against slow CF anyway.

For the 2 CM today, if Wenger is tactically smart enough, he would have known a 0-0 score would put the team in a good position to top the group, I would not mind to play Coquelin and Elneny if Wenger expects a goalless draw. But the manager wants to win, seriously, Xhaka is a must in CM when Cazorla is not available. Özil seems to be a flop in big matches.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
As a player you don't duck and assume that the goalkeeper is getting to a goalbound header, you would get destroyed for that.

As the man on the post it's his responsibility to head away anything coming near him unless he hears a call from the keeper. You can be mad at him for not being on the goal line or poorly executing the header.
He should have stayed at the post ffs. It's not that hard. Or if not, I would expect to know how to head away from goal.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
So the cross is coming in and you're saying he should have looked behind him, even though he's positioned at the post, to see if anyone is behind him? Yes he should have cleared it but that wasnt your original statement.
He should he's not experienced enough to to be aware of his surroundings, then he should have stayed at the post and not come out. He should not have gone for that ball.

There's no defending Iwobi here. He fvcked up, fact.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Indeed.....

I got to disagree that Giroud , Iwobi and Alexis don't work , that's a cop out imo . You also need Giroud in a Ram - Coq midfield because you need that someone to hold up the hoof ball especially since Bellers is out too and Jenks will kick it long any chance he gets . Also Rambo feeds off Giroud quite well . It's not aesthetically pleasing and it means low possession , however it's should be direct and can be effective .

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Too many passengers yesterday.

Özil, Jenko (going forward), Iwobi all were really bad. The whole team got bent out of shape while trying to accomodate these guys.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Indeed.....

This is why I was so confused. We know from last season that Coquelin and Ramsey is one of our least functioning partnership. It would be the one pairing I would not select. We also know that Alexis struggles to function with Giroud. We have certain partnerships that work and some that don't.

If Giroud plays up top, he needs either Walcott running off him or Chamberlain delivering crosses from the byline. If Sanchez is up top, he needs Walcott on the right and Iwobi to balance things out on the left.

We know that Ramsey is hampered when having to create from deep as he struggles with passing through the lines, but his strengths lie in making forward runs and arriving late in the box. He works well with Giroud, but could also work if Alexis is at no 9 as he vacates the Cf position quite often.

Therefore the obvious problem is that there is nobody to pass the ball through the lines now that Cazorla is injured. Xhaka is the only person who could do that job and I find it odd that Wenger hasn't tried Ramsey and Xhaka yet considering Ramsey's most productive season came from being paired alongside Arteta. Arteta was slower than Xhaka, but was a slightly better tackler. However, not so much better that the combination wouldn't work. I'd like to see this line up for Bournemouth:

Iwobi/Ox-------------------------Alexis------------------------Walcott

-----------------------------------Özil

--------------------Xhaka--------------------Ramsey

Also PSG are not as good as some people are saying. They maintain possession rather than pass through you to hurt you and under pressure they take stupid risks. If we had set up how we did vs Chelsea and pressed them high with Xhaka and Ramsey, I honestly don't believe they would have been able to handle it. They play a traditional 4-3-3. You go man for man with two of the midfielders, Özil drops in on the holder and you are organised. It seems to me that we are trying to be cautious and preserve this unbeaten streak when it means nothing. I would rather we lost a game and drew a game than drew both. 3 points is better than 2.

nmn

The only one to blame for Iwobi's own goal is Wenger himself. Why the hell do you wait 70+ minutes to make a defensive substitute when we're leading 2-1? The game was crying out for Xhaxa to come in instead of Iwobi and help tighten up our midfield and bring on a fresh leg. I don't blame Iwobi one bit for the own goal, he shouldn't have been on the pitch at that moment in the first place. It's all on Wenger.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did Cavani miss as many chances at Napoli or did all those years behind Ibra at RW really destroy him?

One of the only strikers that I've never been confident about Kos containing.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So it's Barca, Juve, Atletico or Dortmund/Real. Urghhhhh

Only Benfica/Napoli/Besiktas or Monaco seem easier, although if we're paired with Napoli, I expect to have similar experiences as with PSG due to their intense pressing

billyf

So it's Barca, Juve, Atletico or Dortmund/Real. Urghhhhh

Only Benfica/Napoli/Besiktas or Monaco seem easier, although if we're paired with Napoli, I expect to have similar experiences as with PSG due to their intense pressing
Actually, it's only Benfica who seem easier.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
TBH

I don't care who we get - this team is so far from being able to actually win the CL. If you want to do well in this competition then you have to beat the best.

If we draw one of the big boys, no problem, we could probably get a result against anybody at present, somehow, someway. All of the bad luck we've suffered over the years seems to be being repaid in large doses. We could probably beat Barca with a couple of own goals by them, having zero SOG, the way things are going for us.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
These two games felt like a bit of a wake up call. With half decent finishing it would have been a nightmare.

N

NotAUserName

These two games felt like a bit of a wake up call. With half decent finishing it would have been a nightmare.
Same could be said of the first leg against PSG. But yes, these results should be a wake-up call. We haven't really been up to it this season but found ways to win. Now our performances have caught up with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom