• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2015/2016

Proof

Established Member
New season with different seeding system.

UEFA has confirmed a new seeding system which will see the champions of the seven biggest leagues in Europe named as top seeds along with the Champions League winner.

The first group comprises the title holder (top seed) and the domestic champions of the seven top-ranked associations in accordance with the access list.

The 2016 UEFA Champions League Final will be played at the San Siro in Milano.

Tournament details
Dates
: 30 June – 26 August 2015 (qualifying rounds)
15 September 2015 – 28 May 2016 (group stage and knockout phase)

Last edited:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Knowing our recent luck, it will bring us in same group with either Barca or Bayern.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I think the new system will suit us more. Lets face it the competition is getting harder each year. Alot of teams wont want to play us early doors.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also coming 2nd to poor teams is the worst thing you can do in terms of last 16 draws. You can't play the same team you did in the group. Juventus skeeved through behind Atletico in the groups and they got a tasty draw against Dortmund.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We'll be the last English CL team to play on a Friday, guaranteed.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
It's lovely not having a qualifier to sweat over. I could get used to this!
Indeed. The weather over here gives enough to sweat over. PFFF!

Apart from that we can finish a our transfer business earlier, because we're certainly in the group stages and because we don't have to split our attention between qualifying and signing players.

Much needed Cech before the window was even open was daylight robbery on a bunch of chavs. Hope there's more to come.

We ended last season with a very good momentum, Cech''s even upped it. Now we need to build on that and sign a few more top players.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm not phased by the new system, when did we last win our group?

We may see some teams in pot 1 fail to go through the group stage because they will be up against better teams like us, City, Madrid (not sure if they qualify in pot 1 as Barca are holders) I dont mean Bayern, Barca but the winners of weaker leagues.

Anyway, bring it on, at some point we have to stand up and beat anyone!

BobP

Memri Fan
Yeah never finish first anyhow.

Would like to go up against big teams in non fatal situations, get us acclimatized to what we're likely to face in the knockout rounds.

GDeep™

League is very weak
"For the first time in UK television history, you can watch every Champions League game on one channel".

BT Sports advert.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Got the letter through today, BT going to charge me £3 extra a month.

Not bad, for unrivalled Champions League coverage.

I might ditch Sky Sports.

Top Bottom