• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Anyone wishing Liverpool well, I can only assume you don’t know many Liverpool fans.

They’re a ****ing nightmare. The most fantasist, deluded, unjustifiably arrogant bunch of people you could meet. They still applaud Suarez’s achievements like he still ****ing plays for them. They commended Rodgers for “making them dream.”

If Liverpool pull this off we’re gonna have to hear about it for the next 20 years. That can’t happen.

Its already begun, just been on facebook and seen Liverpool fans not just simply saying they are going to Kiev etc but they have to reference every final they have ever attended before in some poetic form, its so cringey to read!

I still remember when they had Rogers in charge and I would see status updates like 'make us dream Brendan la'; London fans putting that stupid scouse 'la' thing on the end of everything like they have the accent even when typing, pathetic!

I know we're all on a forum but Liverpool fans really take football far too seriously :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Something died inside me that day :lol:

My grandad passed the summer before, and I said to my dad then they were gonna win it for him. He was from Arnos Grove, and was the reason we were Arsenal fans. He’d tell my dad stories about Herbert Chapman’s team and he lived and breathed the club, apart from his wife and children all he loved was Arsenal.

The fact we knocked out so many teams, and it was like a fairy tale I started to believe. When their second goal went in all I remember is breaking down in tears. Don’t even remember the final whistle.

Even though I was 13 I remember being hugged by my dad crying for ages. One of the few times I’ve seen him cry. Honestly that was worse than any break up or failure I’ve been through since.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My grandad passed the summer before, and I said to my dad then they were gonna win it for him. He was from Arnos Grove, and was the reason we were Arsenal fans. He’d tell my dad stories about Herbert Chapman’s team and he lived and breathed the club, apart from his wife and children all he loved was Arsenal.

The fact we knocked out so many teams, and it was like a fairy tale I started to believe. When their second goal went in all I remember is breaking down in tears. Don’t even remember the final whistle.

Even though I was 13 I remember being hugged by my dad crying for ages. One of the few times I’ve seen him cry. Honestly that was worse than any break up or failure I’ve been through since.

I was 13 too. I will never get over that defeat.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Barely remember that final, I remember Sol's goal, then just remember that a player as s*** as Beletti managed to score.

When Chelsea won it it really f***ed me off that they done it before us.

I do remember some guy I used to work with (Liverpool fan) text me some banter directly after the game, I bit hard and replied with an extremely harsh personal attack, cant remember the wording exactly but it went in to certain things I disliked about his personality, the lot, we didnt really get on after that :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I do remember some guy I used to work with (Liverpool fan) text me some banter directly after the game, I bit hard and replied with an extremely harsh personal attack, cant remember the wording exactly but it went in to certain things I disliked about his personality, the lot, we didnt really get on after that :lol:
Make friends with him again just so you can be a **** in return when Madrid beat them, then blank him forever.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I really dislike him. Honestly, he's a massive prick. I don't care one bit what he's done for us.

You see those Liverpool legends, and no matter how **** they're/have been, listening to them you'd think they're the best team in the world.
Tbf Keown is like that though. Love that guy, never says a word against our team or manager. A real diamond.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I was 13 too. I will never get over that defeat.
I was 17 when we lost to those c*nts and only started watching football a year before, because until then I was into basketball, even though my dad played as a goalkeeper for the dockyard's team, which was coached by my grandfather.
Broke his heart when he tried to get me into football from an early age and I showed no interest in it, but when I caught the bug, I caught it bad.

Oddly enough, it was Liverpool's run a year before us reaching the final that got me into the game, so I could never hate them as I would hate Manure.
What made me choose Arsenal was FIFA 05, where they were the best team and once I watched them play, I was hooked. Kind of funny that I started supporting the team just as it won its last trophy and started going through that epic drough.

I remember watching the final and when Sol scored, I screamed "Goaaal!" so hard that my whole neighborhood heard me and had tears of joy until they equalized and eventually went on to win it.
I was depressed for a few days after that and was adamant that the ref made the wrong call by sending off Lehmann, but after the bitterness wore off I realized it was the correct decision.

We were the better team even when we played with 10 men and if Henry wasn't in bottle mode that day, we'd have a CL trophy to flex with.
The face Pires made when he was subbed for the spanish butler, who did pretty great, will forever haunt me. Broke my heart to see him go out like that.

VancouverCanuck

You forget that Chelsea Were solid at the back and had prime petr cech. Liverpool have * defense and German Samurai in goal who is absolutely clown.
True. But Pool’s attack is much more potent than Chelsea’s, arguably the best in the world right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want them to win it. For one thing, they are a team with similar amount of resources as ours. Yet they have improved so much since Klopp took over. First year they qualify for CL and they are already in the final. We qualified for the knockout stage for so much years yet we consistently go out in the round of 16. Shows you how much difference a manager who knows what’s he doing, and a board that has ambition can do.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
THIS. Shove it up Real Madrid locker ASAP. I can't stand another Istanbul gloat

They were bad enough before that. Always thumping their chests over what they did in the 70s and 80s. AC Milan being my 2nd favorite team didn't help matters any. Arsenal losing in the following year's final made it even worse.

I'm highly confident Real Madrid will win. They're a superior team. But if you make it to a final, you have a chance. Milan was a superior team too. And even if they lose, Liverpool fans will be insufferable just having made it to a final.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Just watched the replay of the Real vs Bayern second leg. Bayern gave Madrid a very tough game possibly only Juventus came close.

Individual errors cost Bayern the tie. Rafinha in the first leg and Ulreich in the second. This just shows the margins are so small at this stage of European competition that one small mistake can be decisive.

If Bayern Munich had a fully fit team (Neuer for Ulreich and Alaba in the first leg for Rafinha and Coman in attack) I think they would’ve beat Real Madrid.

EDIT: Roma can go out with their heads held high! Congratulations to Liverpool on reaching the final though. Hope they win it!

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't really care who takes this, honestly. Not a big fan of Liverpool's fans (though I like Klopp and their entire front 3 -- seem like decent guys), and am sick of Perez's Real. Maybe UEFA will find some reason to ban both and play a final between Roma and FCB?

Brown Gooner

The experience they got to play in this compilation is huge to knock out champions of France Italy and Germany with ease is amazing

Was reading this thread then saw this post.

“with ease”?? WTF!?

Bayern outplayed Real over two legs, Juventus beat them in Madrid and almost reversed that 3-0 deficit (btw Juventus were decent in the first leg too until Ronaldo’s second goal and Dybala’s second yellow) and against PSG Real were on the ropes in the first leg but were saved by a Emery’s stupidity, Neymar’s selfishness and some inconsistent referring decisions (soft penalty just before HT)

Yes Madrid have got the better of the best teams from Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1, but it has been anything but straightforward. RM’s mental strength has to be credited for making it so far. Real have been ruthless in exploiting every error of their adversaries and that’s something that wins you medals.

Brown Gooner

Bayern could be well out of sight with the chances they've had over both legs

Bayern should be winning this leg and the tie. they should be out of sight based on the 1st leg and this half, so wasteful.

Finally someone gets it! Bayern have knocked themselves out in this tie with atrocious finishing in front of goal and two stupid and needless fatal individual errors.

Lewandowski is very overrated. He hadn’t done anything of note in a big UCL KO games since the 4-1 in 2013 for Dortmund.

Got pocketed by Ramos for 180 Minutes! He hasn’t scored in 5 CL games now. Arsenal fans would lynch PEA or Lacazette for such a showing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom