• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Imagine having Seri spraying passes and keeping his position instead of the donkey runs that we have to see with Ramsey. Would be an elite signing if we sign him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Aside from the assist which is mainly possible due to Ajax being so open and poor defensively Seri has shown absolutely nothing.

Defensively he may as well not be on the pitch. He doesn't bust a gut to get back, he moves around the pitch as if he is injured. He can't tackle, he can't head.

His distribution is good, but there is no way that he can play alongside Xhaka in a 2. There is no way he would be able to prevent Ramsey or Wilshere playing. Absolutely pointless signing if we complete it.
He impressed me but I don't think he's what we need.

He's a good CM in his own right but like you said I don't think we could play him with Xhaka, he likes to come to the ball a lot and if we played him with Xhaka then our front three would have to drop deep to get the ball. We need a B2B midfielder like young Wilshere basically.

Having said that I think he would still be a decent signing, I think you're being harsh on him defensively. He gets around the pitch, winning fouls by his corner flag and setting up goals in the oppposition box. He also appeared to be press resistant from the little I saw. Also harsh to discredit his assist because of the other teams defending, I mean that's the whole point of football isn't it? Attackers trying to make defenders make mistakes.

He's a good midfielder and we'd be better with him but he's not the ideal partner for Xhaka imo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't even say his vision and passing is that impressive. Ajax are so naive and open.

Seri basically plays as if he is Pirlo, but with a 1/4 of his talent. An all action central midfielder he is not. Ramsey over him any day.
Now I think you just hate the guy.:lol:

Ashybashy86

Imagine having Seri spraying passes and keeping his position instead of the donkey runs that we have to see with Ramsey. Would be an elite signing if we sign him.
That's what Xhaka already does though. Our attack will be slow and boring with Seri and Xhaka. Who carries the ball forward then? Pass, pass, passing it to death.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

**** this its august and im already done with football. Just need Alexis to leave and Arsène to praise Theo and it will be all misery again.

carlito'sway

Established Member
He impressed me but I don't think he's what we need.

He's a good CM in his own right but like you said I don't think we could play him with Xhaka, he likes to come to the ball a lot and if we played him with Xhaka then our front three would have to drop deep to get the ball. We need a B2B midfielder like young Wilshere basically.

Having said that I think he would still be a decent signing, I think you're being harsh on him defensively. He gets around the pitch, winning fouls by his corner flag and setting up goals in the oppposition box. He also appeared to be press resistant from the little I saw.

He's a good midfielder and we'd be better with him but he's not the ideal partner for Xhaka imo.

I have not watched the game but from the initial line up he appears to play as a No 6/ DLP. Anyway, the french media is raving about him so far today. Saw the goals highlights, his backheel is simply brilliant.

carlito'sway

Established Member
That's what Xhaka already does though. Our attack will be slow and boring with Seri and Xhaka. Who carries the ball forward then? Pass, pass, passing it to death.

Seri is known for being able to carry the ball forward. That is one of his strengths.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He's a ghost defensively. He just stands there untill the team has the ball back.
He's no Kante for sure but I think you are exaggerating about his defensive ability, in the two games against Ajax I've seen him win the ball several times-- mostly pressing but he certainly doesn't just stand around waiting for the ball.

Ewarwoowar

Difficult to judge him too harshly defensively in this instance, the whole team were (in bouts) a little too cavalier, making it look like they are poorly drilled in that department.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Difficult to judge him too harshly defensively in this instance, the whole team were (in bouts) a little too cavalier, making it look like they are poorly drilled in that department.

This is a team playing his second competitive game for the season, so we should not expect them to be fully in tune. Not to mention, Favre is not a defensive coach either. He set his teams to play the game and attack and credit to him for that.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

I'm no expert on Seri but he seems to have a mean through ball in his arsenal, I don't think he is a player who just passes the ball around ala Denilson. I'm not saying he's the solution or the perfect partner but he is certainly a big improvement on what we have and would be a very useful player.

His passing is agressive, dangerous-- I've always hated that we can't start a damn counter attack without someone in midfield trying to take on 3 players. With Seri and Xhaka we'd have two players who will immediately bring the ball in dangerous positions which would help us a lot in our counter attacks.

Ewarwoowar

This is a team playing his second competitive game for the season, so we should not expect them to be fully in tune. Not to mention, Favre is not a defensive coach either. He set his teams to play the game and attack and credit to him for that.
Do you reckon Xhaka as the dlp and Seri as B2B as credible?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Black man here dude....:lol:
Not you. The guy who tweeted that. And what does it matter that you're black? Have seen African American people that are racist like you wouldn't believe.

Little bit racist that you use the black thing as an argument tbh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom