• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2017-18

carlito'sway

Established Member
Pool fans are freaking out ....They think they will play Nice and with their luck Balotelli will score a winner at Anfield. ;)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And adores Ramsey.....Bad combination all around. :lol:

The funny thing is that I don't actually adore Ramsey. Seri isn't going to come to England and stroll about picking passes out. He doesn't even have the range of Xhaka and it took Xhaka a while to adapt to the pace. Not only that, he is non existent defensively. This isn't an exaggeration. He does nothing without the ball, his positioning is terrible. He goes forward and strolls back a minute later. I believe we need a better player than Ramsey, but if you are talking about Seri potentially keeping him out of the side, that isn't going to happen.

Defensively Ramsey covers more ground, he makes more tackles, he recovers when he runs forward, he wins the ball in the air.

Offensively Ramsey never hides, he is involved, he tries to make things happen constantly, they may not always come off, but he doesn't ever stop. He will also definitely get you more goals than Seri. His running off the ball and timing of runs is excellent. One back heel and an assist is nothing to get excited about. Ramsey scores back heel flicks vs Tottenham at White Hart Lane and left footed half volleys outside the box in the Champions League. They are not reasons to justify us not buying a central midfielder, but neither is Seri turning up for 10 seconds in two games.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The funny thing is that I don't actually adore Ramsey. Seri isn't going to come to England and stroll about picking passes out. He doesn't even have the range of Xhaka and it took Xhaka a while to adapt to the pace. Not only that, he is non existent defensively. This isn't an exaggeration. He does nothing without the ball, his positioning is terrible. He goes forward and strolls back a minute later. I believe we need a better player than Ramsey, but if you are talking about Seri potentially keeping him out of the side, that isn't going to happen.

Defensively Ramsey covers more ground, he makes more tackles, he recovers when he runs forward, he wins the ball in the air.

Offensively Ramsey never hides, he is involved, he tries to make things happen constantly, they may not always come off, but he doesn't ever stop. He will also definitely get you more goals than Seri. His running off the ball and timing of runs is excellent. One back heel and an assist is nothing to get excited about. Ramsey scores back heel flicks vs Tottenham at White Hart Lane and left footed half volleys outside the box in the Champions League. They are not reasons to justify us not buying a central midfielder, but neither is Seri turning up for 10 seconds in two games.

You said you don't adore Ramsey and continue by writing some of the most fawning comments about him. Are we talking about the same Ramsey? Anyway, I have seen that player for 9 yrs now at AFC, he was a purple season and since then he is poverty. Ramsey-Xhaka in CM is a recipe for disaster.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's a ghost defensively. He just stands there untill the team has the ball back.
Weren't you talking about Veratti and how he doesn't have to tackle a lot because he's in the right place.

I think I recall a few instaces of Seri winning the ball back simply because he was where he was supposed to be. Need to watch more of him to form a proper conclusion.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Weren't you talking about Veratti and how he doesn't have to tackle a lot because he's in the right place.

I think I recall a few instaces of Seri winning the ball back simply because he was where he was supposed to be. Need to watch more of him to form a proper conclusion.
Not the same. He just took up his position and waited untill his team had the ball. Anyway idc, wasn't convinced last week and I'm not now. Hope we don't get him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have not watched the game but from the initial line up he appears to play as a No 6/ DLP
He definitely played as a DLP today. Will have to watch him play B2B at some point. Is it a role he plays often?

We need a guy who is a proper B2B not a DLP who can occasionally play there. As I'm posting this I realise that my subconscious wants Ramsey replaced.:lol:

carlito'sway

Established Member
He definitely played as a DLP today. Will have to watch him play B2B at some point. Is it a role he plays often?

We need a guy who is a proper B2B not a DLP who can occasionally play there. As I'm posting this I realise that my subconscious wants Ramsey replaced.:lol:

He plays both roles depending on the personnel available at Nice and the tactical set up. The good thing about playing with Favre, he has played different roles in CM and learned the ropes.

carlito'sway

Established Member

You are not wrong, Ramsey needs to be replaced. He is simply not a CM and is not good enough to play the position.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Helping his team win it back. He did nothing. Koziello was way better at winning his 50/50's and getting the ball to a teammate. I'd take him.
Might be a system thing, might not be.

I like a CM who can tackle but that old cliche about rarely having to tackle if you're positioned right is true imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You are not wrong, Ramsey needs to be replaced. He is simply not a CM and is not good enough to play the position.
Watching him against Sevilla nailed it home for me. I don't know what he is in all honesty...Poor man's Dele Alli?

Attacking runs from CM are useful but he does it so much, also doesn't seem to have the touch, awareness of teammates and passing of a CM either. Still a useful player but we'll suffer with him at CM against better sides.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
You said you don't adore Ramsey and continue by writing some of the most fawning comments about him. Are we talking about the same Ramsey? Anyway, I have seen that player for 9 yrs now at AFC, he was a purple season and since then he is poverty. Ramsey-Xhaka in CM is a recipe for disaster.

Watching him against Sevilla nailed it home for me. I don't know what he is in all honesty...Poor man's Dele Alli?

Attacking runs from CM are useful but he does it so much, also doesn't seem to have the touch, awareness of teammates and passing of a CM either. Still a useful player but we'll suffer with him at CM against better sides.

Been saying this for ages , for some reason he's almost beyond reproach because he pops up with the odd goal occasionally.
He scored that penalty for Wales and someone on here posted "one for the Ramsey haters", a penalty!!

When you have Özil playing at ten you cannot afford to have a central midfielder who regularly vacates the midfield and gives the ball away with sloppy passing or trying something flash/unnecessary.

Buying a proper central midfielder would improve us dramatically and help Xhaka but I really doubt we'll do it, Wenger runs this club like a soccer school.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

When you have Özil playing at ten you cannot afford to have a central midfielder who regularly vacates the midfield
That's the crux of the issue. We play very intricate passes which can be cut out at any moment. Lose the ball when Ramsey has made one of his runs and we usually have the opposition running directly at our back line.

Until he can start scoring/assisting regularly the risks of him making those runs far outweigh the benefits imo. Like I said, useful player who makes things happen but for all his attacking runs last leason he got one league goal.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Ajax will never play CL again it seems :(

As it is Netherlands have had their teams reduced and now not even the Eredivisie winner will qualify for the Group stage. Sad day for a once great club and a proud footballing nation.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Also it always sucks when I see a team go out on away goals. That rule has become counter productive now it seems. Teams park the bus at home instead of doing so away.

Hopefully someone eliminates Nice in the next round. I have an irrational dislike of French football and clubs :p

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Champions League play-off draw
  • Champions Route
  • Qarabag vs FC Copenhagen
  • APOEL vs Slavia Prague
  • Olympiacos vs Rijeka
  • Celtic vs FC Astana
  • Hapoel Be'er Sheva vs Maribor

League Route
  • Istanbul Basaksehir vs Sevilla
  • Young Boys vs CSKA Moscow
  • Napoli vs Nice
  • Hoffenheim vs Liverpool
  • Sporting CP vs Steaua Bucharest

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Napoli vs Nice. They won't sell Seri now. Good thing. Get wrecked you piece of ****.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom