• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Final (May 28 2022)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

England won't make it past the group stage I reckon, there's always one big nation who ****s the bed after going far the tourney before.

The best in the EPL with all the steroids and ref help in the world couldn't make it past Ceballos and Bale tonight ffs

I just don’t think the French will do it.

No country has ever gone back to back in the World Cup.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
2001 was an underratedly missed opportunity too, I feel.

There were better teams in other leagues in the 00s, compared to now, which added to our unlucky-ness.

Happy for Madrid, but they are nowhere near the team they were 5 or so years ago...Barca and Juve are crap, Bayern on the decline and PSG are a joke...no competition these days, for the Prem teams.

Annoying our prime, included the prime of many other teams...it's just City and Liverpool now.

Leeds would've been the SF in 2001. ****ing John Carew.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

There were better teams in other leagues in the 00s, compared to now, which added to our unlucky-ness.

Happy for Madrid, but they are nowhere near the team they were 5 or so years ago...Barca and Juve are crap, Bayern on the decline and PSG are a joke...no competition these days, for the Prem teams.

Annoying our prime, included the prime of many other teams...it's just City and Liverpool now.
One positive at least is that this seems to be a great time to win one considering the lack of super teams.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
10/11 if RVP doesn’t get sent off at the Nou Camp was a serious shot. Shakhtar Donetsk in the QF and then Real in the SF, would’ve been tough against that Madrid team but Jose was in shambles back then because of how far off they were in the league to Barca.

Get through that and you’d have a final at Wembley against a United team we had beaten a few weeks before the final.
We dont let Wayne Bridge score we just need to beat Monaco then Porto wasnt it?

You can end the Mourinho timeline before it begins... he never gets that Chelsea job!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This was one of the ****tiest finals I've seen in recent years. Terrible football and the transmission was interrupted 2 times on tv for a total of 8-10 minutes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Even with the invincible team, the teams abroad were always better, even Italy had Milan and Juventus who were both great back then.

There has never been a time where you could say Arsenal are THE team to beat.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Djorou got injured at OT in the FA Cup and missed the rest of the season didn’t he? Can’t remember if Squilaci played regularly after that or if he got dropped for his clown show against West Brom.

As for the final, Ferguson got sentimental and played Scholes/Giggs when they probably shouldn’t have started. With RVP and Theo in great form towards the end of the season, we would’ve had a shot to beat them. Even more so if Fabregas had decided to play football again instead of going to F1 races.

Think Djourou returned after that, remember him playing when we beat United near the end of the season.

And even if Johan missed out, Squilaci was next in line to play and he was 100 times worse :lol:

Can't see us keeping our heads in that scenario, but you never know as you say.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

What about 2002-03? Imagine no Carew masterclass, then a matchup with the two Milan clubs before Juve. Would’ve spared everyone from the most boring CL final I can remember as well.

Big Wengs could’ve won the CL at OT a year after the PL. 🤤

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We dont let Wayne Bridge score we just need to beat Monaco then Porto wasnt it?

You can end the Mourinho timeline before it begins... he never gets that Chelsea job!
That’s honestly one of the great ‘what if’ moments in football, with no CL imagine Jose goes to Liverpool instead and who knows how things pan out.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

England still have that fraud Southgate in charge. See no difference between him and Arteta tbh.

Both have given me inspiration to do my coaching badges :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom