• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Legs (April 13 & 14)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
PSG are a funny old team and could easily shoot themselves in the foot, but at the same time literally every single game they play against any opponent in any competition (apart from when they play Barca) they have the two best players on the pitch. I'd give PSG a 55% chance of beating City.

Jakarta

I had never heard of Naymar, so I googled him. After about half an hour I finally found his facebook page.
I added him and was surprised that my friend request was accepted almost immediately.
I left a message asking for a bit of background info about his 'career' and got a reply from his Mum, who runs his facebook page.
She's a lovely lady, and she was so happy because I was her son's 100th 'friend'.
She'd been waiting for this day for a few months, so she added me on skype and we chatted for a bit.
She said she'd send me a few signed shirts as a 'prize' for being the 100th friend, but I didn't really like the colour of the shirts she showed me.
There were some really garish yellow and green monstrosities that no self-respecting person would be seen dead in, and some red and blue designs that looked a bit too much like Crystal Palace for me, so I reluctantly accepted a black and white striped shirt from a brazilian team, who Naymar had played for. She said the name, but I didn't really understand it. It sounded like Santa Claus.

She then said that her son, who actually likes to be called Alan, had done OK with the National team, and was 2nd highest scorer behind some guy called Edson Orantes di Nascimento. I hadn't heard of him, and asked her which Premier League team he had played for, but she said he had only played in Brazil, so I quickly changed the subject. There's obscure and then there's taking the proverbial...

So, back to Alan. She said in Brazil he'd done well enough and had then moved to Spain, to Barcelona.
I've been to Barcelona. We had an awful holiday on the Costa Brava a few years ago, and I much prefer the Costa Del Sol. Much better weather, and the public transport is clean and efficient, so I would chose the Costa Del Sol again.

She showed me a picture of Alan with a couple of players from Barcelona. A dwarf and a buck-toothed chap. I politely said that it was a lovely picture, and her son was very handsome.
She said she wasn't too happy about the tattoos, but he'll grow out of that phase.
They had a huge Cup in the background, I mean really over-dimensional. Funny lot, the Spanish. We still have a huge Donkey we bought on the Costa Del Sol, and one of those funny mexican hats. lol.

I asked her why Alan had gone to Spain, and Nadine, that's his Mum's name, said that they'd paid her 267 Million Brazilian Reals for her to allow her Son to leave home. I've never been to Brazil, so no idea how much this Toy Town Money is worth, but I smiled and asked her if she'd got something nice with the cash. She said she had.

Nadine then said that Alan really wanted to go and live in Paris to learn french, and she had hoped that it would encourage his artistic flair to come out, and that he might find a decent girl to marry and settle down with. Nadine also liked the shirts of his new team, but wished that one day Alan would attract the interest of Delia Smith, Nadine's favourite Celebrity Chef. Nadine was in the process of making Twice-baked Goats' Cheese Soufflés with Chives, and loved her no-nonsense attitude to cooking, and hoped that Auntie Delia would maybe consider buying Alan, because the Norwich City football kit was so strikingly beautiful.

At this point I'd had enough and wished her a pleasant day, and hoped that Alan would one day wear the famous Canaries shirt and make his Mum happy.

Shocked Lucille Ball GIF

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Closest I’d say is Sancho who ironically says Neymar is his idol. Think football is just too tactical these days, you have very few mavericks, Neymar is the only guy I can think of who tries skill moves all game.

The Ronaldo/Messi era has people believing stats > anything.

Sancho is very much the Neymar of the current young generation, but jeez watch videos of a 20 year old Neymar compared to 20 year old Sancho and the gap is huge. Like Sancho is doing amazing things, but Neymar was on another planet.

In terms of the audacity to do skills move there are still ballers out there. Anthony at Ajax for example looks like a guy who'll attempt crazy skill moves. But no one is really combining that with actual quality in the way Neymar is.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
There's no point to support any team in semi-final this season.

Real is very unlikeble oligarchy club with half of ****s in their team. Chelsea and City are EPL teams and PSG is oil club with diving wankers all over the place.

ThePortugueseGunner

In terms of preference, I wanted Porto, Bayern, Dortmund and Liverpool to go through. It sure seems every single one of them is not moving forward in the competition.

Still, Dortmund and Liverpool have somewhat of a chance. If Dortmund manage to defend well and get lucky, Haaland may score the single goal they need to perform a major upset against City. As for Liverpool, if this was 2/3 years ago I would be sure they were up for a comeback. Now... I don't know, but still, it's not impossible for them to beat Real 2-0.

To have PSG-City and Real-Chelsea as the semi-finals is just too awful.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

In terms of preference, I wanted Porto, Bayern, Dortmund and Liverpool to go through. It sure seems every single one of them is not moving forward in the competition.

Still, Dortmund and Liverpool have somewhat of a chance. If Dortmund manage to defend well and get lucky, Haaland may score the single goal they need to perform a major upset against City. As for Liverpool, if this was 2/3 years ago I would be sure they were up for a comeback. Now... I don't know, but still, it's not impossible for them to beat Real 2-0.

To have PSG-City and Real-Chelsea as the semi-finals is just too awful.
City v Chelsea final... thought of that is 🤮

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't grt klopp benching Thiago and Jota here specially Jota he been best Liverpool player since coming back. Firmino offer nothing.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Classy Liverpool fans at it again. Real madrid bus got stones thrown at it few windows broken

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Classy Liverpool fans at it again. Real madrid bus got stones thrown at it few windows broken
Big reason why they’ve got 6 European cups, Anfield isn’t a place for the weak. Compare that to the Emirates, opposition get a nice comfy ride in, a welcome that makes them feel at home.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Big reason why they’ve got 6 European cups, Anfield isn’t a place for the weak. Compare that to the Emirates, opposition get a nice comfy ride in, a welcome that makes them feel at home.
Worked great against A.Madrid last season 😉

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Can never write of Liverpool in Europe but I think Madrid will score tonight so they should get through. Could potentially get a Zidane/Pep final. Would hate Chelsea to get there again but could see Tuchel against PSG as well.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

But didn't help them to win more EPL titles 🤣 🤣

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Why do they do this? No one is going to the game, just chill. Also all the players are just listening to music on the bus, it's probably not remotely terrifying to drive past a bunch of people like that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Imagine leaving your house, walking to the stadium, shouting at a bus for 10 seconds, then having to walk home to watch the game on TV, pathetic :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom