• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg (May 16 & 17)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
None of them can spend the way he's accustomed to though. I don't see this guy being content with a smallish budget.
Yeah but a small budget with say Inter may be bigger than Milan or Juventus. It's all proportionate to the league.

It might not reach the heights of City or Madrid but it doesn't have to.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah but a small budget with say Inter may be bigger than Milan or Juventus. It's all proportionate to the league.

It might not reach the heights of City or Madrid but it doesn't have to.
True but he's always going to be measured by the CL. He will have the same criticisms he's spent a billion fighting at City about not winning the CL there if he goes and there will be no such warchest to build a squad to compete with the big boys.

Batman

Going by this game we're better than Madrid.
I think we could have beaten Madrid if we played them with our preferred XI. Vini would have ruined Ben White but Saliba would have been covering and as torrid a time as Carvajal had with Grealish, I think Martinelli would have given him the same sort of trouble as Vini gave White. The Arsenal team from before the World Cup was better than any version of Madrid this season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
True but he's always going to be measured by the CL. He will have the same criticisms he's spent a billion fighting at City about not winning the CL there if he goes and there will be no such warchest to build a squad to compete with the big boys.
So what is he going to do? Spent the next 10 years in Manchester? Have you ever lived there?

He doesn't need to win 5 CL back to back. If he wins 1 at City it's mission complete.

The challenge of going to a quite open Serie A and dominating it will be a huge attraction.

Batman

So what is he going to do? Spent the next 10 years in Manchester? Have you ever lived there?

He doesn't need to win 5 CL back to back. If he wins 1 at City it's mission complete.

The challenge of going to a quite open Serie A and dominating it will be a huge attraction.
I've been up there a couple of times and that was more than enough lol. You might be right, I just think it's really tough to go from the kind of resources he's had everywhere else to Serie A even if Inter are relatively well off. They're never going to be able to buy him the sorts of players he's become accustomed to getting each summer. I don't know enough about him as a person to know if that would appeal to him. I know he definitely does want to manage Spain at some point but I don't know what the timetable is there.

Another thing I didn't mention and just thought of is how well he would work with the recruitment team there. I'm not sure if the guy who joined City who he worked with at Barca would be keen on that more modest budget. It would be interesting though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I've been up there a couple of times and that was more than enough lol. You might be right, I just think it's really tough to go from the kind of resources he's had everywhere else to Serie A even if Inter are relatively well off. They're never going to be able to buy him the sorts of players he's become accustomed to getting each summer. I don't know enough about him as a person to know if that would appeal to him. I know he definitely does want to manage Spain at some point but I don't know what the timetable is there.
Hes 52. 4 years in Italy, then a 4-6 year international stint would take him to 62.

La liga, budesliga, PL, CL, Serie A, Euros/World Cup. That's a hell of a journey

Batman

Hes 52. 4 years in Italy, then a 4-6 year international stint would take him to 62.

La liga, budesliga, PL, CL, Serie A, Euros/World Cup. That's a hell of a journey
Agreed. I don't know if he's a football lifer or not though. Maybe he's like Wenger and Fergie and will still be managing near 70.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pep next step will be national team. I think he'll retire early after achieving everything possible.

Batman

Neville sneaking into the City kitchen before the final to protect Utd's treble:

a600b46b57ef4413d8e46c3ddffddcde.jpg

TriniGunner

This is shaping up to be the most glorious and the least dramatic treble of all time. Idk how you even react to this, just total dominance over everyone.
Absolutely. You have to give them credit where it's due. This City team is exceptional. However, let's not forget that having a psychological advantage plays a huge difference in the team you meet.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
No point, if they win the PL & CL then they might aswell have the FA Cup. The Utd fans I know are still talking about the Carabao Cup, imagine if they add an FA Cup to it 🤣🤣
I would much rather United add one meh trophy to an already-extensive (albeit aging) trophy case than City win a treble.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
They definitely haven't done for it for the period of time of Pep's Barcelona, but think they are the most dominant team since this side and currently every bit as dominant as they were.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
None of them can spend the way he's accustomed to though. I don't see this guy being content with a smallish budget.
He would be aware the only possible criticism of him is that he has never won trophies without the most significant resources in the league he has managed in. He actually admitted it in an interview after the arsenal game. I would love to see him attempt to win big titles with a team with relatively less resources; he might see the challenge in that, but at the end of the day and practically speaking, I guess its unlikely to happen.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

True, this was a showcase of dominance, but one bought by ill gains as opposed to that achieved by merit.

Disheartening as it was to watch City dismantle Europe's most illustrious & regal club, I hope, against all odds, that we can defeat this artificial City to a major trophy soon.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I think we could have beaten Madrid if we played them with our preferred XI. Vini would have ruined Ben White but Saliba would have been covering and as torrid a time as Carvajal had with Grealish, I think Martinelli would have given him the same sort of trouble as Vini gave White. The Arsenal team from before the World Cup was better than any version of Madrid this season.
Arsenal before WC was the best team in the world

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Because he's bored. Because if he wins the CL and the rest he's accomplished everything he can at City. He's gone down in history there even more.

I'm not saying he would leave at the end of the season. But maybe summer 2024.

He could easily go to Italy. Find a team there. Dominate the league. Enjoy the culture and lifestyle cause its a hell of a lot better than Manchester.

Then move on to international management and call it a day around 60 and enjoy his retirement as the greatest manager the world has ever seen.

Spain
Germany
England
Italy
The World Stage
Completed.

He could win 5-6 CLs and make history. Serie A is retirement league anyway. City have been the best team in the world for a long time and lost the CL by choking several times. Once they get over the line it will become a procession.

Latest posts

Top Bottom