• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League (2022) Play-Offs

Malky

Established Member
What's worse is this dickhead's deflection. Went out to the better side and couldn't even congratulate them, said they're worse than Sevilla and Lyon, blames the ref when the only relevant wrong call was that he didn't send Cresswell off immediately etc. Complete embarrassment but then again that's why West Ham have made him captain isn't it @Dokaka
He came across like a proper dickhead in that interview. West Ham lost both legs, fairly. It wasn't like a dodgy last min pen. I did laugh at how pathetic he is when he made the comment about " now I need to listen to that " when Frankfurt players were celebrating... Are they not supposed to celebrate in their own stadium about reaching a European final? ****ing mug.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Look at this coffin dodging prick still talking. How do you never win anything, never play in Europe even and still have the cheek to talk like this?

Like Sevilla weren't decimated by injuries and Lyon completely folded and shat the bed. All this means is Frankfurt didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear to beat your garbage team of wastemen. Watch @Dokaka try and spin this one again

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Look at this coffin dodging prick still talking. How do you never win anything, never play in Europe even and still have the cheek to talk like this?

Like Sevilla weren't decimated by injuries and Lyon completely folded and shat the bed. All this means is Frankfurt didn't even have to get out of 2nd gear to beat your garbage team of wastemen. Watch @Dokaka try and spin this one again

I genuinely don't know what set you off from reading that article.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I genuinely don't know what set you off from reading that article.
On feeling proud of his players’ run, he said: “I don’t feel any of that at the moment, I just feel disappointment because I think this was a chance. We’ve probably played better teams than Frankfurt.”

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
On feeling proud of his players’ run, he said: “I don’t feel any of that at the moment, I just feel disappointment because I think this was a chance. We’ve probably played better teams than Frankfurt.”

I still don't really get it. He's echoing what the fanbase feels pretty much. I don't think it's that controversial to say Sevilla are a better team than Frankfurt, and he's saying it on the back of us basically ****ting the bed early in the 2nd leg. Like, you're through to the final, don't know why you're getting upset at a fairly harmless interview from the manager of the losing team. We didn't play our best and made some bad mistakes, and now we're out.

I'd rather he be honest like this when asked by the journos than throw the usual platitudes etc. The general sense among the fans is that we basically threw away a good chance of reaching a European final, and I'd probably agree. I'm not sure how that's some unbelievable infuriating controversial statement like you're making it out to be.

It's basically what I'd expect the Frankfurt manager to say if we'd won. Neither are top teams in their countries so it was a good opportunity to go through against a comparatively weak side to what you'd usually face in a EL semi, which makes the loss feel more like a missed opportunity rather than the usual "oh well, good effort lads, we had nothing to lose here".

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I still don't really get it. He's echoing what the fanbase feels pretty much. I don't think it's that controversial to say Sevilla are a better team than Frankfurt, and he's saying it on the back of us basically ****ting the bed early in the 2nd leg. Like, you're through to the final, don't know why you're getting upset at a fairly harmless interview from the manager of the losing team. We didn't play our best and made some bad mistakes, and now we're out.

I'd rather he be honest like this when asked by the journos than throw the usual platitudes etc. The general sense among the fans is that we basically threw away a good chance of reaching a European final, and I'd probably agree. I'm not sure how that's some unbelievable infuriating controversial statement like you're making it out to be.

It's basically what I'd expect the Frankfurt manager to say if we'd won. Neither are top teams in their countries so it was a good opportunity to go through against a comparatively weak side to what you'd usually face in a EL semi, which makes the loss feel more like a missed opportunity rather than the usual "oh well, good effort lads, we had nothing to lose here".
I'm not upset, I've been celebrating the **** out of my team reaching the final. Doesn't mean I can't criticse your manager who makes comments that you would expect from a sore fan, not a bloke who's been in the game for 30 years. There's a reason why "the usual platitudes" don't include "we played better teams" normally, because a) it's classless and belittles the opposition and b) it looks especially ridiculous in your case, when you were the inferior side home and away

If you expect the Frankfurt manager to say the same thing that's on you. Xavi and Barcelona could claim a much bigger chance being lost (namely their only possible silverware this season) at having being knocked out by Frankfurt yet after the game except for voicing his disappointment about the ground he only praised the team that his side lost out to. Betis and Pellegrini were 3rd when we played them and probably the strongest team we faced this season, same thing happened. Yet massive West Ham who never win anything and were behind in the tie after 50 seconds can feel they went out to a "comparatively weak side"

It's trashy behaviour after a win or loss and it's come to be expected this year. You've had your best season in ages and you celebrate it by being complete dicks in any respect, between the post match comments of Moyes and Rice, your club publicly stating that they're aware of Rice's claims of corruption basically agreeing with him, ****ing Zouma kicking a cat and Moyes making light of it, Moyes kicking out at the ball girl and being as unapologetic about it later etc. Normally I don't mind your club but you're really giving your best so people will

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'm not upset, I've been celebrating the **** out of my team reaching the final. Doesn't mean I can't criticse your manager who makes comments that you would expect from a sore fan, not a bloke who's been in the game for 30 years. There's a reason why "the usual platitudes" don't include "we played better teams" normally, because a) it's classless and belittles the opposition and b) it looks especially ridiculous in your case, when you were the inferior side home and away

If you expect the Frankfurt manager to say the same thing that's on you. Xavi and Barcelona could claim a much bigger chance being lost (namely their only possible silverware this season) at having being knocked out by Frankfurt yet after the game except for voicing his disappointment about the ground he only praised the team that his side lost out to. Betis and Pellegrini were 3rd when we played them and probably the strongest team we faced this season, same thing happened. Yet massive West Ham who never win anything and were behind in the tie after 50 seconds can feel they went out to a "comparatively weak side"

It's trashy behaviour after a win or loss and it's come to be expected this year. You've had your best season in ages and you celebrate it by being complete dicks in any respect, between the post match comments of Moyes and Rice, your club publicly stating that they're aware of Rice's claims of corruption basically agreeing with him, ****ing Zouma kicking a cat and Moyes making light of it, Moyes kicking out at the ball girl and being as unapologetic about it later etc. Normally I don't mind your club but you're really giving your best so people will

Fair points. In all honesty I don't put that much weight in any of the comments, probably because I agree with them albeit most of it is probably from an emotional perspective.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
50k Frankfurt and 70k Rangers fans in 35°C Seville today. Shame I couldn't make it but from what I'm reading even in the paper hotel rooms that are normally EUR 30 per night are going for 1000+ tonight ffs. Just in Frankfurt more than 120k tickets were preordered, only 10k were alotted to each club. Friends who are there are telling me tickets are going for north from 6k

Just a reminder for when people are talking about "second tier competition"

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Would like to see Frankfurt win it. I've enjoyed watching them play and they beat us fair and square with nowhere near the resources we have.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Absolutely ****ting it by the way, haven't had normal bowel movements since last Saturday.

Normal bowel movements are overrated, I have a nervous stomach and the lack of knowing what awaits you each time keeps you on edge and Alice

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

50k Frankfurt and 70k Rangers fans in 35°C Seville today. Shame I couldn't make it but from what I'm reading even in the paper hotel rooms that are normally EUR 30 per night are going for 1000+ tonight ffs. Just in Frankfurt more than 120k tickets were preordered, only 10k were alotted to each club. Friends who are there are telling me tickets are going for north from 6k

Just a reminder for when people are talking about "second tier competition"
Hope Frankfurt smash them. Do it for the rest of Scotland 🙏

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Nice to see no usual big teams in the final... Looking forward to a good match.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Kostic looks a great player for Frankfurt.

Rangers getting all the ref decisions - should have had two yellow cards on Taverner and Lundstram

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I want Rangers to win this, due to the ex Arsenal lads.

But they have been very lucky so far, tbh...could easily be a man down and a pen to Frankfurt.

Top Bottom