• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Bollocks. He has been around Pep and City long enough now to have a winning, killer mentality. Whether he has the coaching skills required is another question.

Would our sorry lot listen thou?

He has no clout, was just a bandaid for us

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There’s an adage in sports that the first trophy is the hardest.

I’m not naive enough to believe a spine of Sokratis, Xhaka, Özil and PEA is going to lead us to glory.

We need to use those guys to stay competitive so we can bring through players who can take us to the next level.
These are all good players but Özil in particular (lovely player) is not what we need now. We need graft and solidity, we need to become difficult o beat before we think about winning.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Also, Chelsea are f*cked btw, absolutely f*cked hope they enjoy this win because they're going down the ****ter. All they've done however is stop us from progressing big time which s*cks. C*nts.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well said. Let's give Emery another season with support, and then he can be kicked in the arse if there is no UCL. Would be idiotic to change every year like I have said. He did better than Wenger in his last year.

I'm not defending him either like he has performed very well, but I think fans should understand the situation of our squad. They basically shat their pants for 2 of Wengers last seasons, Emery is no miracle worker.

The club’s just to got to try and position itself for the next top manager whoever that is.

Liverpool and Sp**s were both ruthless in firing managers when they had to be and look at them now. Pointless firing Emery unless there’s a replacement worth hiring, otherwise you’ll just end up like Utd and Chelsea paying a year’s transfer budget to a constant flow of former managers

Priority is rebuilding the squad, making it younger and more dynamic. You don’t need to be a super club to attract the top managers, just ambitious.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Looking back at the season it's hard to escape that conclusion.

Need to see what he does next year in terms of players and approach, but if its just more of this then we need to look elsewhere. If we're gonna be mediocre then we should at least try to play in a way that's fun to watch. This year has been tough viewing for the most part even when we've won.
I don't need to see him next season. I have zero faith in his ability to manage us properly. This year was the first year I can actually say that I didn't enjoy watching us play football. There were no boisterous celebrations. It was all just meh. Our managers' personality is that of someone you'd meet on the street and forget their existence before you had even walked ten steps.

Before the match I saw our lineup and thought it was a bit shït. I just kept it to myself trying to be positive but this man just isn't good enough for us. 6 new players have been brought in under his watch and we are worse than before. As for his ability to get in quality players, I just need to look at the farce that was Suarez to know it's not worth it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The club’s just to got to try and position itself for the next top manager whoever that is.

Liverpool and Sp**s were both ruthless in firing managers when they had to be and look at them now. Pointless firing Emery unless there’s a replacement worth hiring, otherwise you’ll just end up like Utd and Chelsea paying a year’s transfer budget to a constant flow of former managers

Priority is rebuilding the squad, making it younger and more dynamic. You don’t need to be a super club to attract the top managers, just ambitious.

Yeah, well said. My point is we can be ruthless after next season. Or if next season starts badly. Allegri for example won't do miracles either to this squad and the everything just reboots basically.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also, Chelsea are f*cked btw, absolutely f*cked hope they enjoy this win because they're going down the ****ter. All they've done however is stop us from progressing big time which s*cks. C*nts.

In a way I’d much rather be in our position than theirs. Hazard off, Hudson-Odoi probably too next year and their breakout player injured for a year.

A squad that’s pretty old and a midfield next year that’s bang average and that’s even if Kante stays, transfer ban incoming and an owner who I can see selling up in the next few years.

I look forward to going away on a League 1 away day to an empty Stamford Bridge with Shrewsbury sometime soon.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't be so sure. Abramovich is an owner that cares and surely has a plan. Pulisic, tactics, a better manager and a winning mentality within the club might be enough to cover the Hazard shaped hole for a year. Money will cover the rest.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Well, **** me.

What a dogshit performance.

Honestly it's hard to know where to begin.

Been a great trip but an utterly dire performance. Very weird.

Need to gather thoughts and revisit this tomorrow...

Neednto gather

Gutted for you travelling fans. What a ****show of a performance. Safe travels mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom