• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Genuinely feel for him actually, that’s a horrible injury and it looked like he’d put his injury problems relatively behind him.

Both him and Hudson-Odoi in the space of a month is horrible.

Yep. If he's woken up too ill to play on the day of the final or something like that, I wouldn't have minded. But I hate to see that happen to anybody.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why would it be empty? I'm sure there's loads of fans in Baku, and there's most certainly been sold tickets to other organizations as well.

Yep. That's where football is headed anyway. Just look at UEFA's plans to re-organize CL, EL and the coming third intl club tournament into a league structure and place that on the weekends, shifting domestic leagues to midweek and thus ridding domestic football of any importance.

They are turning football into an events sport more than ever, with the focus not on fans or season ticket holders, but day guests, so to speak. They are 100% sure they can replace genuine fans by event visitors, like random concert goers or something: "Oh, xyz is playing at that venue tonight, let's go!" Just pay some influencers to pose it all off as this "magical trip" to exotic Azerbaijan, and on the go you can even taste the atmosphere of a big european football night. Things like an EL final in Baku and that next EC split over various countries are test runs for that. Anf if stadiums are too empty at the beginning, you can always invite some sheikhy with his entourage, fill the luxury boxes and a couple of seats with their, ahem, "employees".

Santi Claus

RLC being out is a pretty big positive for Arsenal. Removes one of their few direct goal threats and a strong midfield presence. Can't really see many goals in that team now other than Hazard scoring a wonder solo goal/penalty or a Alonso header from a set piece (if he starts ahead of Emerson).

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Most important game of the last decade? Considering the financial implications if we lose (transfer window) and have us fall further behind our rivals by several more years. Too much is at stake here. If we lose, Man U will spend and overtake us next year and we'll be fighting with Wolves for Europa league next season. We could actually sort the defence out and have a solid team with the CL budget. But if its 40mill without Europa then no chance.

remains

Most important game of the last decade? Considering the financial implications if we lose (transfer window) and have us fall further behind our rivals by several more years. Too much is at stake here. If we lose, Man U will spend and overtake us next year and we'll be fighting with Wolves for Europa league next season. We could actually sort the defence out and have a solid team with the CL budget. But if its 40mill without Europa then no chance.

We were pretty damn stingy in the transfer market when we had the CL money too.

Hi Arsenal Fans,

I‘m a Fan of Eintracht Frankfurt. Sadly we didn‘t make it to the final against your team.

Now I have three tickets from the free selling peocedure of the UEFA. I‘m not really interested to book a flight and hotel and watch that game without my team playing.

Therefore I‘m willing to sell my three tickets. The tickets are mobile fon Tickets and I Can transfer them to you. The Tickets are all the cheapest category (30 € a ticket). Two of them block 318 one 319.

I know the UEFA doesnt allow the Transfer and I am taking the risk not getting tickets again for any further finals. But hey it is better some fans Can watch there team than having empty seats.

In you are interested send me a pm and make a offer.

I hope this is the right place to locate my offer and I dont violate some policies of this website.

Cheers

Btw: I dont garantuee the entry with the tickets. They are personalized. But I heard it wasn‘t a problem the last years.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yep. That's where football is headed anyway. Just look at UEFA's plans to re-organize CL, EL and the coming third intl club tournament into a league structure and place that on the weekends, shifting domestic leagues to midweek and thus ridding domestic football of any importance.

They are turning football into an events sport more than ever, with the focus not on fans or season ticket holders, but day guests, so to speak. They are 100% sure they can replace genuine fans by event visitors, like random concert goers or something: "Oh, xyz is playing at that venue tonight, let's go!" Just pay some influencers to pose it all off as this "magical trip" to exotic Azerbaijan, and on the go you can even taste the atmosphere of a big european football night. Things like an EL final in Baku and that next EC split over various countries are test runs for that. Anf if stadiums are too empty at the beginning, you can always invite some sheikhy with his entourage, fill the luxury boxes and a couple of seats with their, ahem, "employees".

The Super Bowl: two weeks of nonsensical hoopla in which the game itself becomes almost secondary to the larger event. Daily parties, concerts, food festivals -- even a beer festival. It's the future and like everything else, it's for the rich and those who overextend themselves.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Super league needed if UEFA truly thinks this way.

Toby

The Super Bowl: two weeks of nonsensical hoopla in which the game itself becomes almost secondary to the larger event. Daily parties, concerts, food festivals -- even a beer festival. It's the future and like everything else, it's for the rich and those who overextend themselves.

Was at a Golden State Warriors game last year and that was about anything but the actual game. Best atmosphere was during animation and show bits like shooting shirts into the crowd. Felt kind of weird, and certainly wasn't the sort of social/communal experience as football games are, where the vast majority of people are there for the game and the team. Exactly had this atmosphere of being private/personal experiences/events for singled out people or groups.

Toby

Super league needed if UEFA truly thinks this way.

If they do that I won't care about intl footie anymore. Can't be arsed to follow that route of football as a mainstream entertainment event for the vast masses. That air actually already kind of killed the last WC and EC for me.

I'd rather spent my Tuesday night watching Stuttgart in a stadium with at least some fans, even if it feels like 3rd division, than watch CL and feel like at a Taylor Swift concert.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If they do that I won't care about intl footie anymore. Can't be arsed to follow that route of football as a mainstream entertainment event for the vast masses. That air actually already kind of killed the last WC and EC for me.

I'd rather spent my Tuesday night watching Stuttgart in a stadium with at least some fans, even if it feels like 3rd division, than watch CL and feel like at a Taylor Swift concert.

I still enjoyed the World Cup, but I had a lot of trouble getting interested in the Nations League. Seemed like players had barely returned from the World Cup than they were already playing international games again. I realize the idea was to replace friendlies, but at least friendlies are easy to ignore. I don't know why they need so many of them and to interrupt the club seasons for them so often anyway. But the Nations League is a moneymaker and that's the name of the game these days.

And if only out of principle, I'm not going to invest myself in the 2022 World Cup. The idea of holding it in November and December is just preposterous. It's only being held in Qatar because of corruption anyway. How can it be justified to award the tournament to a country with no existing football stadiums qualified to host games? And then there's the human rights abuses involved in building the new venues; forced labor, unsanitary and dangerous conditions, deaths among migrant workers, etc. The whole damn thing is disgusting. If FIFA had any integrity whatsoever they would have pulled the World Cup out of there and scheduled it for England (should have overturned the corrupt Russian bid for the U.S. for 2018 as well).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

it's already here. I've been cooled of football for some time now.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The loss of mangers like Wenger and Ferguson will mean these changes happen more quickly I think.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

UEFA have responded to us with this statement.

“Fans are a priority” unless you’re of Armenian descent or LGBT then it’s probably better to give it a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom