• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Top 6 (8 at a stretch) is the most we can aspire to for the next couple of decades.

This match has signalled the end of our status as a "Big Club". We're the new Everton.
New Everton is a bit of a stretch but I get the point. We aren’t going forward but our status as a club means this is pretty much our rock bottom. Football is tragic, horrible players & no spark in the stands. It won’t get worse though!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mate. Football has changed. It's an industry not a sport. In the 80s we were not very good but we were still there in the first division. If you think that kind of mediocrity is going to keep us in the premier league with the amounts invested nowadays, you're in for a very, very rude awakening.

We’re in a bad way because we’ve been diabolical in the transfer market. For my money we’ve improved in that sense, we choked in both the league and EL yes but we’re at a similar level to the two teams above us.

If the club can keep adding good players while managing to generate sales we can improve. We’re not doomed to slide down the table into nothing.

On Kroenke yes he’s a sh*t, but if his bottom line is getting hurt he’ll sell up. This club was here for a hundred and twenty years before him and it’ll be here a hundred and twenty years after.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ah, Liverpool did it somehow. Pretty much similar stature to us.

Will take a back seat from football, I’m sure we’ll have one good season in the next five years.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Still can't believe we actually bottled this.

This club is riddled with weak DNA. It will take seasons to eradicate.

Polar Bear

Very disappointing final, atmosphere was awful, fans were so far away from the pitch with that stupid green running track.

First half was like amateurish football from both, constantly giving the ball away and about a million throw ins, really bad and low level football.

Second half Chelsea came out fast and we never recovered and we have no creation, we all knew Özil wouldn't show up in the final and just constantly lose the ball as usual. Very timid and frightened soul he is.

Hazard deliberately played near Maitland Niles at all times because he knows he is naive, he may be quicker than our other defenders but he doesn't read the game well for a defender, Hazard just used him. And Hazard is world class and was always in control.

Auba couldn't get into the game, and when he did get the ball his shots were similar to a Cech goal kick.

Everyone on here told me Christensen and Luiz are slow, and Rudiger out is gonna be great for us and Laca and Auba will have a field day, but it was the total opposite, Christensen and Luiz were awesome, both of them played very well and looked as fast as anyone.

I didn't even care about the Europe trophy, because its similar to Carabao Cup for me.. BUT we needed to get in champions league badly, and thats it. Next season is gonna be the same old garbage i feel.. sad

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

They’re not sh*t, Valencia are a quality outfit, lots of very good players. We bottled it tonight but that doesn’t diminish our run in.

Yep. Valencia beat Barcelona in the final of Spanish Cup not long ago, and got to UCL next year. And Napoli was in a tough group in UCL and almost didn't drop.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We’re in a bad way because we’ve been diabolical in the transfer market. For my money we’ve improved in that sense, we choked in both the league and EL yes but we’re at a similar level to the two teams above us.

If the club can keep adding good players while managing to generate sales we can improve. We’re not doomed to slide down the table into nothing.

On Kroenke yes he’s a sh*t, but if his bottom line is getting hurt he’ll sell up. This club was here for a hundred and twenty years before him and it’ll be here a hundred and twenty years after.
From your lips.... of course we'll be here. I'll be here if we drop five divisions. But if we're going to compete at the top level at some point these dead weights have to go.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Cesc saying that Özil doesn't have it to be a leader or carry the team. Keown says he needs to be in a possession based team. Gudjohnsen says that if you can't fit your best player in the team, then there must be a problem with the player.
Emery says we were good in the first half. He is totally at a loss to provide a proper explanation for the second half. The best he can offer is that we tried to score but things didn't go for us.
Cech says he is proud of himself but we worked so hard all year and "we have nothing". He assures us that we have been working really hard. We're obviously not good enough then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom