• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Group Stage Draw: 12:00 BST

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not sure why you people are being so stupid about the schedule. Win the home games and the job is 95 per cent done. A team of youngsters should be able to win at least one of the dodgy away trips. Really, what is the ****ing issue?
Simmer down, Richard. There's obviously going to be some first-teamers included in the 18 man travelling party which means that their sleep patterns and training schedules etc. are going to be impacted.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why you people are being so stupid about the schedule. Win the home games and the job is 95 per cent done. A team of youngsters should be able to win at least one of the dodgy away trips. Really, what is the ****ing issue?

Want some parsley sauce with that Gammon mate?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Simmer down, Richard. There's obviously going to be some first-teamers included in the 18 man travelling party which means that their sleep patterns and training schedules etc. are going to be impacted.
Most of them play like their asleep anyway so that's not an issue either.

We saw how it worked last year so you'd think people would remember that. Keep up people.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Most of them play like their asleep anyway so that's not an issue either.

We saw how it worked last year so you'd think people would remember that. Keep up people.
Yeah but the Walcotts, Girouds, Coquelins etc are gone and there are some longish injuries like AMN, Seo and Koscielny so a few first teamers might have to play in the early EL ties.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but the Walcotts, Girouds, Coquelins etc are gone and there are some longish injuries like AMN, Seo and Koscielny so a few first teamers might have to play in the early EL ties.

It's a good point and one I've not really considered when thinking about the squad. Last season's Europa League group games and the domestic cup games we used a lot of 2nd choice players, but those players were quite senior actually.

We had the likes of Giroud, Walcott, Coquelin, Mertesacker, Wilshere and Debuchy easing the burden on the first team last year. We needed to trim the fat from the squad, but that fat was quite useful in a way. Now in terms of experienced 2nd choice players there's really only Welbeck, Elneny, Lichtsteiner and Leno, also Iwobi sort of.

We should be fine, but the burden on first-team players might be greater this year so perhaps we shouldn't be so complacent.

Reactions: A_G

Wizzard

Does anybody have an idea how to get tickets for the Sporting away game without beeing a member?

Last edited:

marting

We have a big enough squad to deal with the group stage so im not concerned by this. This is more games with Emery to look at the whole squad and decided what he does and doesnt like.
Leno
Lichtsteiner
Holding
Mavropanos
Jenk
Kolasinc (when he returns)
Elneny
Welbeck
Iwobi

theres enough there to start to piece something together for the group games.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Europa League U.S. TV schedule this Thursday:

Villareal-Rangers, 12:55 p.m. EDT, Univision Deportes
Sevilla-Standard Liege, 12:55 p.m. EDT, Galavision
PAOK-Chelsea, 12:55 p.m. EDT, UniMas
Arsenal-Vorskla, 3 p.m. EDT, UniMas
Dudelange-AC Milan, 3 p.m. EDT, Univision Deportes
Olympiacos-Real Betis, 3 p.m. EDT, Galavision

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think Leno, Lich, Elneny and Welbeck are the definite starters for this competition in the group stage so that's a lot of rotation already. Doubt Emery won't rotate vs e.g. Vorska.

There will obviously be changes but not as many as Wenger did last season. This is what Emery says today in The Guardian.

“I have proven with my experience to know the best way to manage the players,” he said. “My idea isn’t to change 11 players between one competition and the next competition.”

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If we prioritise the Europa League we'll struggle to qualify for it.

We have a weak group which we can win (largely) with bench players and youth players. Plus this really is a chance for the Nketiahs of this world to shine.

I don't want 6-0 wins over Ludogorets accompanied by the season-long loss of important players and loss of premier league points. 1-0 will do nicely if we can achieve this without more than a couple of first XI players.

It can become a priority later.

turkish gooner

If we prioritise the Europa League we'll struggle to qualify for it.

We have a weak group which we can win (largely) with bench players and youth players. Plus this really is a chance for the Nketiahs of this world to shine.

I don't want 6-0 wins over Ludogorets accompanied by the season-long loss of important players and loss of premier league points. 1-0 will do nicely if we can achieve this without more than a couple of first XI players.

It can become a priority later.

Well said!

Top Bottom