• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Round of 16 Draw: Olympiakos v Arsenal

Kris

Was really hoping to have our first leg at home. With no fans the away goals rule really disproportionally favours the teams who have their second leg away. Especially considering that generally the first game tends to be more closed one and with fewer goals than the second one. Probably would be better to scrap the rule for time-being anyway.

morpho

Established Member
Cant believe how confident some of you are... Im in a state were I dont see anyone as a push over for us. At all. And its fcuking painfull. I seriously believe Sokratis will turn into Maldini facing us.

Melquiades

Ha. Either a nice redemption moment or one of enduring shame.

We obviously 'should' win this game. Olympiakos are a worse squad than Benfica but on considerably better form - only one league loss all season, albeit in a terrible league.

Milan-United fixture is a break as one of the top 3-4 threats for this competition will be eliminated.

Iceman10

Established Member
Good draw. Could be a lot worse match-ups than this, will be happy to get some revenge for last season also.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is such a poor competition, every team you play is absolutely piss poor.

The only thing to be excited about is the prize of winning it. I feel embarrassed getting excited about much else in this tourney because it feels like acknowledging our decline (from CL football), even though that’s the reality of where we are at present.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just remembered Luiz made yet another mistake against these guys last year.

I swear Luiz is making mistakes, getting sent off or giving away a penalty every other match.

Horrendous car crash signing.

Wounded Healer

Just remembered Luiz made yet another mistake against these guys last year.

I swear Luiz is making mistakes, getting sent off or giving away a penalty every other match.

Horrendous car crash signing.
We are future proof with him!

luckily we binned saliba for him to eat our guts at pivotal moments.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is such a poor competition, every team you play is absolutely piss poor.
We literally have had to play Athletico Madrid, Chelsea, Napoli in years we went far. You don't get a tough tie every round but these days you are guaranteed a tough team to play against eventually.

That season United won it under Mourinho was laughable. They played an U21 Ajax team in the final, and some average Spanish side in the semis. There's no chance of that these days, unless the 1% happens and most underdogs win their ties.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Meant to be a gift of a fixture. Yet not so confident that we won't make a meal out of it.
I wouldn't say its a gift, I would say its a tie you're definitely happy about compared to getting sides like Sp**s United Milan. There are definitely easier ties out there but yeah I'm sure we will make a meal out of this for no reason.

Top Bottom