• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt | November 28 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Be honest: Did you cheer Frankfurt's goals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

Eintracht stuffed a full first team Bayern Munich with five goals and got their manager sacked, their is no way we win tomorrow. The best to hope for is they bring their A-game and do the same favor for us.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think at this point the only way back for him is to win every remaining game of the season, starting with an impressive 8 or 9-0 win tomorrow, and looking like Barca 2009 while we do.
Not saying he is planning a comeback. If this is last match, he would want to bow out with a win.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Can you even call yourself a real fan if you root for us tomorrow knowing that a win here will secure Emery at least an extra week?

pacstud

It is possible to make a reasonable and constructive argument without resorting to insults.

My tip is free of charge.
I would like to think I normally avoid ad hominem attacks. When you visit a website for fans of a team and discuss pulling for the team to lose, for any reason, well I think at that point insults are called for.

However, I do realize it contributes nothing. Perhaps I should just say I think it's infantile and counter-productive, but that the person endorsing said position is not necessarily a bad person?

Manberg

Predator
I would like to think I normally avoid ad hominem attacks. When you visit a website for fans of a team and discuss pulling for the team to lose, for any reason, well I think at that point insults are called for.

However, I do realize it contributes nothing. Perhaps I should just say I think it's infantile and counter-productive, but that the person endorsing said position is not necessarily a bad person?

You have to realise that people have different opinions and whilst your opinion is valid, there’s not necessarily a right and a wrong one.

There are reasons why preferring your team to fail during tough times can be helpful. For example, it’s possible that it can bring change faster.
On the other hand, it can be seen as dis-honourable.

As a human being, you have the freedom to make your own decisions and opinions, but please don’t insult others for having their own.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Looking forward to a quiet evening at the stadium without too many noisy people and without queues.

Oh, and an Arsenal victory too. We clobbered them at their place, no reason why we can't clobber them here.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Anyone who ever "roots against" the team is pure bottom feeder ****.

Ridiculous and childish.
I think that your first instinct is throw churlish insults is more revealing on who exactly is more ridiculous and childish.

Maybe someone who is not rooting for their team at all times like a lemming regardless of what situation the club finds itself in is as you describe them. Conversely maybe they are someone more concerned about the overall well being of the club than some short term gratification a win in an almost dead rubber game would bring.

Don't get me wrong because under normal circumstances, under normal management, I could understand where you are coming from. But not when our club's head of football is acting against our best interest and seems desperate not to fire his mate, looking for any excuse to delay the inevitable. Getting rid of Emery is far more consequential to our season's well being than getting a win today or at the weekend.

So I tell you what, you root for the team and I'll root for whatever gets the manager sacked quickly. In the end both of us probably want the best for the club. But no need for some of you lot to pat yourself on the back about what super fans you are unlike those who aren't hoping for a win tomorrow.

pacstud

I think that your first instinct is throw churlish insults is more revealing on who exactly is more ridiculous and childish.

Maybe someone who is not rooting for their team at all times like a lemming regardless of what situation the club finds itself in is as you describe them. Conversely maybe they are someone more concerned about the overall well being of the club than some short term gratification a win in an almost dead rubber game would bring.

Don't get me wrong because under normal circumstances, under normal management, I could understand where you are coming from. But not when our club's head of football is acting against our best interest and seems desperate not to fire his mate, looking for any excuse to delay the inevitable. Getting rid of Emery is far more consequential to our season's well being than getting a win today or at the weekend.

So I tell you what, you root for the team and I'll root for whatever gets the manager sacked quickly. In the end both of us probably want the best for the club. But no need for some of you lot to pat yourself on the back about what super fans you are unlike those who aren't hoping for a win tomorrow.
If us beating EF somehow changes our course than we are sunk. All involved on the Arsenal side of things should work for a win. Period.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
... I wouldn't suggest stuff like scalding one's hand just to see if it's really numb...

... Only 1 in past 6 was a loss in 90mins ... for now?
  1. The football is so crap they may as well have been losses.
  2. We've gifted goals while leading in such a manner that they felt like losses
  3. That wasn't the point of my post in anycase..

zilfy

I think there's gonna be a very senior lineup aswell. ESR is fully fit and had a good game tonight. That's gonna be disappointing.
It's a shame ESR isnt playing, but is there a case for now playing our best players in EL and then playing the youngsters the following league game? Or at least a mix of both?
Europa League is probably our only hope now, so I think we should out most of our eggs in that basket.

I know we're pretty much through but being top of the table can be a big advantage

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I don't know why they don't open the tickets for Red Members and only can buy Silver Members for this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom