• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Eintracht Frankfurt | November 28 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Be honest: Did you cheer Frankfurt's goals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In game importance team performance this season and game time you can understand why most fans won't turn up.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Very much doubt the result of this match has any bearing on the timing of Emery’s sacking. If it did, I’d worry more than I already am about the immediate destination of the club.

As much as I want him gone, there hasn’t ever been a scenario where I’ve wanted the team to lose. When they step out onto the grass, it’s war no matter what. The faces may change, but they’re my army until the day I die.

I'd happily take a beating in front of 2/3rds empty stadium if it guaranteed Emery was gone by the time I get up in the morning. I don't think I've ever actually wanted us to lose but the longer this man stays in charge the damage he is doing will become more and more difficult to correct.

Not comfortable with this, not sure he deserves it tbh.

Isn’t it abit much already that the club is humiliating him in public and now the fans will turn on him in the ground?

Do a protest without targeting Emery directly maybe - “change is needed” etc.
Why shouldn't they show their anger? People going to matches are paying stupid money to do so, in my opinion they have every right to Express their dissatisfaction

I think its so hard to grasp what has gone wrong here and im not sure its completely Emery its a combination of factors again and miss management all around the club.

First Emery - Im not sure how his gone from this very tactically aware manager (who should plenty of this last season when we were constantly changing shape and formation to save games) to what looks like his watching a completely different game. I think recently when he was talking about Pepe's adaptation and likening it to Fabinho at Liverpool....who he also mentioned he was after was maybe a little clue into the fact he wanted a bigger holding more disaplined player like he is and instead the club have got him Ceballos who i like as a player but not really what we needed.

Emery seems unable to get a midfield who have the disapline to defend/cover/ pick up the right defensive positions. Torreira and guen are at best eratic in their positioning. This has been a problem area for 10 years or more, before Emerys time and we havent been able to find one midfielder who can defend.

Pepe might turn out to be great, im not slating him at all we needed a proper wide forward...but that 70m could have been used better in midfield.

Lastly the criminal errors our players are making is frankly just disgusting, They dont seem to have any pride in thier work.

Not many of our players would get into the leicester team and that says in all for me. Sack Emery, fine, but if you do it invest in the midfield to give the new guy a chance.

Hexagon9

I really wish the board would do the proper thing, so that this was not needed. It does not reflect well on the club, nor the fans for that matter.

But he has to go.
Yep, I agree. As someone posted a couple of days ago, Unai seems like a decent, principled, hard-working guy. He’s carried himself with dignity and hasn’t blamed others when so many other managers would. It’s just that it hasn’t worked out.

Echoes of Arsène’s final years and the board needs to take a long, hard look at itself.....again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think its so hard to grasp what has gone wrong here and im not sure its completely Emery its a combination of factors again and miss management all around the club.

First Emery - Im not sure how his gone from this very tactically aware manager (who should plenty of this last season when we were constantly changing shape and formation to save games) to what looks like his watching a completely different game. I think recently when he was talking about Pepe's adaptation and likening it to Fabinho at Liverpool....who he also mentioned he was after was maybe a little clue into the fact he wanted a bigger holding more disaplined player like he is and instead the club have got him Ceballos who i like as a player but not really what we needed.

Emery seems unable to get a midfield who have the disapline to defend/cover/ pick up the right defensive positions. Torreira and guen are at best eratic in their positioning. This has been a problem area for 10 years or more, before Emerys time and we havent been able to find one midfielder who can defend.

Pepe might turn out to be great, im not slating him at all we needed a proper wide forward...but that 70m could have been used better in midfield.

Lastly the criminal errors our players are making is frankly just disgusting, They dont seem to have any pride in thier work.

Not many of our players would get into the leicester team and that says in all for me. Sack Emery, fine, but if you do it invest in the midfield to give the new guy a chance.
We can't do anything about it if Emery puts poor Torreira into his most uncomfortable position as #10 before the position he should be playing as the defensive midfielder. Keep Torreira back a little bit, have Guendouzi or Willock as the proper central midfielder & Özil, Ceballos just behind the forward, our #10.

Hexagon9

Not comfortable with this, not sure he deserves it tbh.

Isn’t it abit much already that the club is humiliating him in public and now the fans will turn on him in the ground?

Do a protest without targeting Emery directly maybe - “change is needed” etc.
I seem to remember MU allowed it to be known that LVG had been sacked in favour of Mourinho during the FA Cup final but before the cup had actually been lifted. That was utterly classless.

I thought we were better than that but as you say, he’s being humiliated in a very public way. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom