• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Rapid Wien | Thursday, December 3 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
If your talking about me quote me. If your talking about me go back and look on the praise I gave Auba, Arteta and the team last season for winning the cup. When we play well and get our rewards I am full of positivity.

You have said I kept praising Ole? On what thread? What did I say? Did I say he did a good job? I certainly havent said that this season. But i did praise Lampard and Ole who got their respective teams CL football last season despite various difficulties.

You are very like a few other posters. You say IF this happened or you say other teams were lucky or we were unlucky or whatever for the reason we are where we are and other teams are where they are. That is a weak mentality. The very weak mentality that has led us where we are.

Lampard got top 4 last season because his team was the 4th best. That was with little in the way of new signings and a reliance on young players who stepped up. Not luck.

Ole got top 4 because he managed his team and got the results of a top 4 team. He signed the players he needed in the positions he needed.

We are where we are because our manager is unable to win football matches with the players he has got. That is the cold hard truth and if that is wrong feel free to explain to me why.

I'm not saying all 19 other teams are winning by luck. Chelsea are actually playing decent football. Utd have been getting so many favorable decisions going their way which is the main reason they finished in the cl places last season. I'm not asking praise for Arteta or anything. But I can't understand praising ole or that **** utd team while not even letting people enjoy a decent win during a worst run of form. Are people even claiming we are going to win the europa league or the NLD based on this performance? NO. But yeah you have to come and **** on this performance and enjoyment too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think these Europa league games are a good insight into what Arteta wants to do long term.

There's a few clear points that would translate into the league side doing better.

1. Big one for me is the right back. For all the flack hes had since he joined Cedric is excellent technically. He isnt a physically gifted player which hampers him in the league but he is so good on the ball. Whereas Bellerin is dead average on the ball. His ceiling isn't very high, hence why we were happy to sell him.
  2. Thomas Partey. Key cog in midfield in the league. Against your Europa farmers you can get away with a lack of athleticism in midfield. In the PL 80% of the games you need powerful midfielders. Hes incredibly important.
  3. Not playing Xhaka at all. Slows everything down, torture watching him now we know what Partey can do.
  4. Playing Nelson from the right. Quite comfortably our most gifted dribbler of the ball. Final third needs work but he will improve with more games. Start him!!
  5. Tell Ceballos to play higher up the pitch. Think he's one of the only players in the team with an eye for a quality through ball.

So I think moving forward we cant do much about Bellerin, but we can start Nelson. Arteta is trying different things which is what we want. It will click on some way!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not saying all 19 other teams are winning by luck. Chelsea are actually playing decent football. Utd have been getting so many favorable decisions going their way which is the main reason they finished in the cl places last season. I'm not asking praise for Arteta or anything. But I can't understand praising ole or that **** utd team while not even letting people enjoy a decent win during a worst run of form. Are people even claiming we are going to win the europa league or the NLD based on this performance? NO. But yeah you have to come and **** on this performance and enjoyment too.

I'm not ****ting on anything. I'm saying that all this airy fairy ****ing optimism that I seen last week after Molde and what I'm seeing tonight is a load of crap. That's what I'm saying ok. So dont quote me on talking about Ole. I dont even know what the **** your getting at.

What I'm saying is a 4 1 win over a pub team isnt worth anything. It wasn't worth anything against Wolves or Leciester or Villa or City or Liverpool. Those were the games that mattered to this club more than anything.

And if we dont win and perform on Sunday what good was beating a pub team 4. It was useless. So many idiots have their head buried in the sand. They dont see what the problems are because they think any win brings positivity and optimism. Almost like you forgot Sunday.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not ****ting on anything. I'm saying that all this airy fairy ****ing optimism that I seen last week after Molde and what I'm seeing tonight is a load of crap. That's what I'm saying ok. So dont quote me on talking about Ole. I dont even know what the **** your getting at.

What I'm saying is a 4 1 win over a pub team isnt worth anything. It wasn't worth anything against Wolves or Leciester or Villa or City or Liverpool. Those were the games that mattered to this club more than anything.

And if we dont win and perform on Sunday what good was beating a pub team 4. It was useless. So many idiots have their head buried in the sand. They dont see what the problems are because they think any win brings positivity and optimism. Almost like you forgot Sunday.

It isnt a load of crap though is it. There's clear patterns of play, yes you've got more space to work in and you're playing crap players so its easier. But we are getting constant proof that Mikel knows how to coach an attack.

Everyone knows what the problems are, but you cant continously be this immature, calling people out for being happy to see us play very good football.

It is honestly as if you want us to lose just so you can prove your own point. Its quite odd and you're making a lot of enemies on here kid.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It isnt a load of crap though is it. There's clear patterns of play, yes you've got more space to work in and you're playing crap players so its easier. But we are getting constant proof that Mikel knows how to coach an attack.

Everyone knows what the problems are, but you cant continously be this immature, calling people out for being happy to see us play very good football.

It is honestly as if you want us to lose just so you can prove your own point. Its quite odd and you're making a lot of enemies on here kid.

I'm not on a forum to make friends with people with the name Hair Spray or the other ridiculous names I see on this.

I'm hear to give my opinion. If you dont agree so be it.

Let me tell you something kid. Let's see those patterns of play against decent teams if he knows what he wants. Anyone can make their team look good when they are playing a pub team. You and me could. Arteta proves himself in the league. And so far he has failed. I'd love nothing more than to win Sunday.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not on a forum to make friends with people with the name Hair Spray or the other ridiculous names I see on this.

I'm hear to give my opinion. If you dont agree so be it.

Let me tell you something kid. Let's see those patterns of play against decent teams if he knows what he wants. Anyone can make their team look good when they are playing a pub team. You and me could. Arteta proves himself in the league. And so far he has failed. I'd love nothing more than to win Sunday.

It doesn't matter who you play, he knows how to deploy those attacking patterns. It might take a bit of time to implement in the league, once the handbrake comes off and he finds a good blend of players it will be fine.

You have different things in the league which are forcing him to play differently. One is having no athleticism in midfield aside from Partey, so when Partey is out it instantly ruins us in many ways.

Secondly you've got two right backs who together would make the perfect right back. One excellent technically but horrible athletically. One good athletically but bang average technically. Cedric doesn't have the athletic capabilities starting in the PL, Bellerin is simply okay for now.

Thirdly you have a huge imbalance in attack. Mikel wants two wide forwards who cut in and a striker who drops deeper, Kane would be his perfect CF. However he has three strikers in Auba, Eddie and Laca who don't offer him what he needs. Hence why he was utilising Auba from the left.

And finally we have no creative midfielder. Whether that's a 10 or a creative 8.

In the league its all a bit of a mess because the teams a mess. Arteta cant implement what he wants to do so he resorts to different tactics for different teams we come up against.

I can clearly see what Arteta wants to do.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Fishermen only fish at sea? Don’t they fish in large lakes and rivers? Or you have never gone lake fishing?

I do take your point though.
Lake fishermen are far Superior footballers to sea fishermen.

No I haven't actually. I leave fishing to fishhermen and football to footballers.

Kav

Established Member
Lake fishermen are far Superior footballers to sea fishermen.

No I haven't actually. I leave fishing to fishhermen and football to footballers.

Fishing on a whole takes the kind of patience I don’t regularly have. Salt water fishing is better than lake fishing by the way.

Anyway Touché Mo Touché.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not playing Xhaka at all. Slows everything down, torture watching him now we know what Partey can do.
Think this is key. Watching Elneny turn quickly with the ball today is something Xhaka simply cannot do. He is simply way to limited in his technique and athleticism.

Ac3knight

Arsenal played well today because Xhaka and Luiz aren't in the side.

If both those guys had played, the buildup play would've been slow, cumbersome and mostly long balls from the back.

What I saw tonight was a lot more creative buildup play and short passing in the final third because Luiz/Xhaka weren't around to hog the ball and slow down play...

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think these Europa league games are a good insight into what Arteta wants to do long term.

There's a few clear points that would translate into the league side doing better.

1. Big one for me is the right back. For all the flack hes had since he joined Cedric is excellent technically. He isnt a physically gifted player which hampers him in the league but he is so good on the ball. Whereas Bellerin is dead average on the ball. His ceiling isn't very high, hence why we were happy to sell him.
  2. Thomas Partey. Key cog in midfield in the league. Against your Europa farmers you can get away with a lack of athleticism in midfield. In the PL 80% of the games you need powerful midfielders. Hes incredibly important.
  3. Not playing Xhaka at all. Slows everything down, torture watching him now we know what Partey can do.
  4. Playing Nelson from the right. Quite comfortably our most gifted dribbler of the ball. Final third needs work but he will improve with more games. Start him!!
  5. Tell Ceballos to play higher up the pitch. Think he's one of the only players in the team with an eye for a quality through ball.

So I think moving forward we cant do much about Bellerin, but we can start Nelson. Arteta is trying different things which is what we want. It will click on some way!

Ceballos is like Xhaka, he can make brilliant passes when he has all the time and space to make them. When his opponents pressure him and don't give him time to think he starts to be a clown that can't even make simple passes forward. Don't expect him to play as well against PL opposition as he can against a pub team. Xhaka would have looked like a god too if he was playing tonight.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ceballos is like Xhaka, he can make brilliant passes when he has all the time and space to make them. When his opponents pressure him and don't give him time to think he starts to be a clown that can't even make simple passes forward. Don't expect him to play as well against PL opposition as he can against a pub team. Xhaka would have looked like a god too if he was playing tonight.

The speed of play is important though, Ceballos turns quickly, passes quickly. Xhaka dithers and milk turns quicker.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Some good peformances

Kola- As always very good.

Mari - Has played very well in every match he has.played for us so far.

Lacca - a super goal and his best peformance ao far this seaaon.

AMN - first time ive been inpressed with him at CM.

Pepe - Had their RB on toast.

Nelson - A lively, postive peformance.

ESR - Another impressive cameo, the lad deserves a start.

Ceballos - impressive cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom