• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UEL: Arsenal 3 - 0 BodØ/Glimt | Thursday 6th, October | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Screenshot-20221003-102016.png

Screenshot-20221003-105212.png

Predicted Lineup

Screenshot-20221003-105821.png

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Things I'd like to see from us on Thursday:

- A win - goes without saying.

- Some goals from Nketiah. Been some strong sub performances so far but hasn't had much opportunities otherwise. Would be good to see him get another goal.

- A good Reiss Nelson performance. He really needs to get some good games and end product under his belt if he's gonna do anything here.

- A debut for one, if not both of, Amario Cozier-Duberry and Matt Smith. The latter probably should have had a debut by now, but it would be nice to see hiim get a runout. The former is another potentially great player who I think has a bright future.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Hope Cedric is fit so that we can rest all 4 first 11 defenders. Also would like to see tomi at LCB for us. If not, like last game Gabriel will play I guess

Turner
Cedric - holding - tomiyasu - Tierney
Lokonga
Vieira - xhaka
Marquinhos - Eddie - Nelson

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Solid 2-0 for our B team would be nice.
I know nothing about this team. Are we dealing with the finest fishermen here or do these guys play decent ball? Possession or counter attacking?
They are high pressing possession based team; small club (8000 seat stadium) in a small town that in recent years have punched well above their weight leading to two consecutive Norwegian championships against powerhouses such as Rosenberg and Molde. They have also had some notable scalps in Europe including beating Roma 6-1, Celtic over two legs in a knockout phase, 5-1, and then AZ over two knockout legs. The manager was linked to Brighton.

They haven’t been quite as strong this year and look like they will be beaten by Molde in the league. But i give them a chance of a upset against us at home in the artic circle.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What I like about playing these fixtures when the first team are doing well is all the youngsters are buzzing and want a piece of the action. We saw this under Wenger in the league cup games at home where we’d smash a premiership sides first team with some yoots. Marquinhos must fancy it when he sees his fellow young Brazilian doing his thing. It must feel a little bit more special putting on that jersey in front of a packed home stadium with us top of the league.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
What I like about playing these fixtures when the first team are doing well is all the youngsters are buzzing and want a piece of the action. We saw this under Wenger in the league cup games at home where we’d smash a premiership sides first team with some yoots. Marquinhos must fancy it when he sees his fellow young Brazilian doing his thing. It must feel a little bit more special putting on that jersey in front of a packed home stadium with us top of the league.

It’s true but at the same time you can’t underestimate these teams. Zurich wasn’t easy for us. By rotating so much we send out signals about our mentality that we don’t take it seriously enough. On the other hand, these teams we’re playing take these games extremely seriously. It’s the biggest competition they fight for. This is the recipe for how these upsets tend to happen often.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Solid 2-0 for our B team would be nice.
I know nothing about this team. Are we dealing with the finest fishermen here or do these guys play decent ball? Possession or counter attacking?
The finest fishermen that can play. They almost went bankrupt in 2017. At that time they played in the Norwegian Second Division. The club had to call private companies and ask people to pitch in to keep them afloat. Their budget at that time was around £1.5m.

Obviously a lot have changed since then. That being said, the sum is larger than the parts. The players they have sold have fared fairly poorly since leaving.

We should win, but I think they have a decent chance to pip PSV for second place in this group.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Some of the arrogance in this thread is nauseating. These guys narrowly lost 3-2 at the San Siro to AC Milan, beat Roma 6-1 at home and drew 2-2 away, before beating Celtic and AZ to reach the quarter finals of the Conference league last season. They may not be a European superpower but they are no mugs.

bergholt

Some of the arrogance in this thread is nauseating. These guys narrowly lost 3-2 at the San Siro to AC Milan, beat Roma 6-1 at home and drew 2-2 away, before beating Celtic and AZ to reach the quarter finals of the Conference league last season. They may not be a European superpower but they are no mugs.

Well that’s a problem then because we don’t have a deep or resilient enough squad to play the first 11 in two separate comps at the same time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Apply the same professional attitude that we have this season and try to control and win the game early. Give any starters minimal minutes.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Luckily we’re much better than those teams

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I guess games like this will tell us a lot more about our squad depth. Players like Marquinhos and Nelson could give us alternatives, if they perform in these matches. We certainly need it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom