• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Standard Liege |Thursday 3rd October| KO 20:00 | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Its good to see that we played with a few youngsters and they did well.
But this is the Europa League its funny that we can even play our second string and still smash teams. hopefully we will make it into CL next year because that should be the level we are aiming for. Also did Emery already told us why Özil was missing yesterday? could have been a good game to take up some rhytm.

Preacher

Always Crying
If 50% of THE team is second string its a second string team though.
Only attack was 100% second stringers. Midfield had better balance than the team which plays in the EPL. 3/4 defenders should be the main starters.

This starting eleven would go head to head with the team which played against United imo.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Only attack was 100% second stringers. Midfield had better balance than the team which plays in the EPL. 3/4 defenders should be the main starters.

This starting eleven would go head to head with the team which played against United imo.
Just because we have a Good second string doesnt mean its not a second string.

Preacher

Always Crying
Just because we have a Good second string doesnt mean its not a second string.
Let's settle this and say, that they're undeservingly second string. Ones because of the injuries, others because of Emery's decisions.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Let's settle this and say, that they're undeservingly second string. Ones because of the injuries, others because of Emery's decisions.
Nah, Laca, auba, saka are fullt deserved. Pepe might not be ATM but could very well be. Guendouzi deserved His Spot. Xhaka probably not tbf. Leno deserves his. Thats 5/11

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I doubt he is the next Aguero or KDB either. FFS. :lol:
That's my point. They're the only two ~24 year olds who have joined this league and hit the ground running, and look how f*cking elite they are. I'm not expecting that from Pepe.

Pepe shouldn't be getting more excuses than developing youngsters. Period.
I don't think you can quantify excuses. It's not a scoreboard but every new signing needs time to adapt, so do young players. Some will think that adapting to a new language/style of football/league is more of an 'challenge' than adapting to first team football. Others will not. But everybody (but you it seems) will accept that both groups face challenges.

I'm usually very fair to newcomers but even if you take in consideration that he is adapting to new league, language, food, etc there is nothing he has shown that say "alright lets calm down, there is something there, we just have to wait for it to get out".
This is a fair point, even for an adapting player he has been quite bad I can't lie. Every time he tries to shoot or cross it's been terrible. I might change my avi when nobody's looking.:lol:

Looking forward to doing battle with you over the course of this season.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think there are very few players who are guaranteed starters. Leno, Tierney, Aubameyang... probably Bellerin if he gets back to his pre-injury levels. After that it's really up for grabs, there are probably around 15/18 players who can claim the other 7 spots.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Watched game live but only now just catching up on the thread.

Some superb football in 1st half and came across post at half time calling for Xhaka to be brought on

tenor.gif

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

This second string plays better and more fluent football than our first, so there's that.
At least they do vs **** teams. It's not certain they'd do it vs pl teams. Though i'd like to try them there. Would you argue the players playing each week in PL is actaully our second string players? Not the new players that have played 10 games in their lives?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Would you argue the players playing each week in PL is actaully our second string players? Not the new players that have played 10 games in their lives?
I would argue that since we play pretty crappy football with our starters, it wouldn't hurt to try different options, but it also boils down to Emery and his stubbornness of playing with 3 central/defensive midfielders.
Our creativity is shot because of that. We don't have anyone who can drive the ball forward aside from Özil and Ceballos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom