• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | Arsenal v FC Köln | 14/09/17 21:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think 4 at the back would suit rotation easier. Get Alexis Iwobi Giroud Walcott in attack to give them all minutes. Wilshere and Elneny. The rest what ever.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see Debuchy back in the team, if only so that neither Nelson or Maitland-niles have to play at wing back. ANN and Wilshere in midfield, Nelson in the forward line.

Doubt either will start unfortunately. It will be the fringe squad guys.

I'd like to see Debuchy back in the team, if only so that neither Nelson or Maitland-niles have to play at wing back. ANN and Wilshere in midfield, Nelson in the forward line.

Doubt either will start unfortunately. It will be the fringe squad guys.

Sadly for AMN I think his best way into regular game time is through the wing back positions.

What ever position he play next though, he has to stop playing like some is pointing a gun at him and start playing with some confidence and cut out the very basic errors he was doing in pre-season.

StatLad

I have a feeling we're going to underestimate this competition and Köln will punish us for it. Expect a scary start as our players are too complacent. And I'm not sure we'll get back into it if they go 2 goals ahead early on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sadly for AMN I think his best way into regular game time is through the wing back positions.

What ever position he play next though, he has to stop playing like some is pointing a gun at him and start playing with some confidence and cut out the very basic errors he was doing in pre-season.
He's been good in his last 2 games.

Linson

Squad almost picks itself for this

Ospina
Debuchy Holding Chambers Monreal
Wilshere Elneny Maitland-Niles
Iwobi
Walcott Giroud​

We need to move to a 4312 to accommodate the players we have.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I can't see Wenger playing anyone crucial in this game, personally. The Chelsea game is right on the horizon and he'll be desperate to avoid another humiliation.

Ospina, Nelson, Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding, Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Walcott, Welbeck, Giroud.

We'll win comfortably, even with our 2nd string. This stage of the competition is a joke for a team like Arsenal really.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We are still talking about Cologne, the fifth of the Bundesliga last season. They are better at home but still a good club, very well organized.

Haven't had a good start into the new season (3 losses), but weren't playing bad. They lost their top scorer (Modeste) and Cordoba (17mio, record signing) can't replace him so far. He will needs time.

In my opinion a player like Maitland Niles would be overstrained against player like this. RWB is a very important position, don't know if Debuchy is fit. On the left we only have Kolasinac and Monreal.
From the youngster only Nelson would be good enough i think. But it's still something completely different to play against Bundesliga players or academy players.

Ospina - Chambers, Mertesacker, Holding - Debuchy, Kolasinac - Wilshere, Elneny - Iwobi, Sanchez/Walcott/Nelson - Giroud

Edit: It's the first game for Cologne after 25 years without international football. So they will be very motivated. Will not be easy.

coolaa

just play a second team.

Ospina
Holding Per Chambers
Nelson Elneny iwobi Monreal
Walcott Giroud sanchez

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Debuchy even in training? I don't mind him playing but haven't noticed him in any pictures.

Hard to really tell what Wenger will do we the lineup, expecting another Liverpool wtf type team with Chambers at RB etc.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
So excited about prospect of seeing Wilshere!!!

------------------Ospina
---Chambers---Holding---Monreal
Nelson---Elneny---Wilshere---Iwobi
----Walcott---Giroud---Alexis

Subs: Cech, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom