• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal v FC Vorskla Poltava | September 20, 2018 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
292px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
team-444.png

̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ Welcome back to the Europa League. The first Arsenal European cup tie without Arsène Wenger since September 24, 1996.

Who are Vorskla?
Vorskla originate from Poltava in Ukraine and they were established as Kolos in 1955.

They fell into bankruptcy in 1982, but were reformed two years later based on the Kolos academy (sports school) as Vorskla after the river Vorskla, which flows through Poltava.

After the creation of Ukrainian football competitions in 1992 the club was admitted to the Ukrainian First League which they won in 1996.

The team then debuted in the Ukrainian Premier League the following year in the 1996–97 season, finishing in 3rd place, the highest achievement in team's history.

They are nicknamed the Green-Whites and their biggest success came in 2009 when they won the Ukrainian Cup.

As a result of their triumph, Vorskla competed in the annual opening game of the season Ukrainian Super Cup meeting the champions Dynamo Kyiv but they lost on penalties.

They play in the Butovsky-Vorslka Stadium with 25,000 spectators and their manager is ex-Ukrainian footballer Vasyl Sachko.

Their team is made up of many Ukrainian players, but they boast Brazilians stars Artur and Nicolas Careca, who are on loan from Gremio.

Vorskla secured the sole automatic qualification place into the Europa League group stage, after their third-placed in the Ukrainian Premier League - their joint highest finish.

Team News:
Ramsey slight doubt

Possible lineup:
Untitled.jpg

ThlRama

Player:Saka
It's very unfortunate we have to use Monreal for this... Maybe use Lichtsteiner instead and keep Bellerin on the right? :D

Also, why not Welbeck up top and Iwobi on the left? Don't worry about Nketiah, he'll get game time. This is the first game and we should get 12 points from our first 4 games before going this deep in our squad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely it’ll be Mavropanos and Holding? Is there also no academy player to fill in at left back? We really can’t be risking Monreal.

At least there should be a spot open for Smith-Rowe or Nketiah in the front four.

GoonerBoy19

It's very unfortunate we have to use Monreal for this... Maybe use Lichtsteiner instead and keep Bellerin on the right? :D

Also, why not Welbeck up top and Iwobi on the left? Don't worry about Nketiah, he'll get game time. This is the first game and we should get 12 points from our first 4 games before going this deep in our squad.

Welbeck is out of contract next year, Nketiah getting game time is more important for us. Auba should be on bench and get 20 mins as CF, him scoring few goals will be a boost for his confidence.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
292px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
team-444.png

̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ Welcome back to the Europa League. The first Arsenal European cup tie without Arséne Wenger since September 24, 1996.

Who are Vorskla?
Vorskla originate from Poltava in Ukraine and they were established as Kolos in 1955.

They fell into bankruptcy in 1982, but were reformed two years later based on the Kolos academy (sports school) as Vorskla after the river Vorskla, which flows through Poltava.

After the creation of Ukrainian football competitions in 1992 the club was admitted to the Ukrainian First League which they won in 1996.

The team then debuted in the Ukrainian Premier League the following year in the 1996–97 season, finishing in 3rd place, the highest achievement in team's history.

They are nicknamed the Green-Whites and their biggest success came in 2009 when they won the Ukrainian Cup.

As a result of their triumph, Vorskla competed in the annual opening game of the season Ukrainian Super Cup meeting the champions Dynamo Kyiv but they lost on penalties.

They play in the Butovsky-Vorslka Stadium with 25,000 spectators and their manager is ex-Ukrainian footballer Vasyl Sachko.

Their team is made up of many Ukrainian players, but they boast Brazilians stars Artur and Nicolas Careca, who are on loan from Gremio.

Vorskla secured the sole automatic qualification place into the Europa League group stage, after their third-placed in the Ukrainian Premier League - their joint highest finish.

Team News:
Ramsey slight doubt

Possible lineup:
Untitled.jpg

Swap Elneny for Willock and that would be my line-up.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I honestly forgot about Iwobi because he wasn't listed on the injury table and he wasn't on the bench at the weekend.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Surely it’ll be Mavropanos and Holding? Is there also no academy player to fill in at left back? We really can’t be risking Monreal.
Emery said he didn't want to make too many changes, so maybe he'll gamble on playing one of the experienced CB's knowing he can rest both against Brentford.

Also it could possibly be Lichsteiner at LB and Osei-Tutu at RB but again, based on Emery's comments he'll likely play more senior players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'd like to see Guendouzi start instead of Torreira. I want Torreira in the lineup against Everton on Sunday.

Emery says he's going to limit squad rotation, but we'll see just what he means by that. I'd like to see Holding and Mavrapanos start. Sokratis should be rested in this one.

It will be interesting to see if Emery names Nketiah and Smith Rowe to the squad from the B list. I think he has until Wednesday to do it. Considering the left back situation, maybe Jordi Osei-Tutu will get the call as well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Also it could possibly be Lichsteiner at LB and Osei-Tutu at RB but again, based on Emery's comments he'll likely play more senior players.

He played Osei-Tutu at left back against Boreham Wood, so if he does go bold on this I would guess he'd keep Lichtsteiner at right back. But it does sound as though he's not planning to play the kids.

Reactions: A_G

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He played Osei-Tutu at left back against Boreham Wood, so if he does go bold on this I would guess he'd keep Lichtsteiner at right back. But it does sound as though he's not planning to play the kids.
WHich is disappointing because we should have the collective strength to get through this group comfortably AND play some youngsters. I'm all for serious first teamers in the latter stages though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really exciting line-up too with ESR behind Nketiah but kinda doubt Emery will go with that. If he does he gets even more credit from me. :D
Yeah. I wasn't impressed when he said he was going to limit rotation so I hope he means in the later stages. I don't want to see guys like Elneny and Welbeck in the team if I'm honest. Would be disappointing. Iwobi should get a start as should Willock and Nketiah (and ESR) IMO. This should be their chance for more experience.

It would mean that Emery also embellished his preference for development to Gazidis IMO.

Sanis

Was disappointed to hear that there will be only limited rotation in Europa league, Wenger would probably change all the starting 11 and we can afford that with squad that we have. Youngsters and squad players need game time. No disrespect, but surely our second string is good enough to win against teams like Vorskla.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Was disappointed to hear that there will be only limited rotation in Europa league, Wenger would probably change all the starting 11 and we can afford that with squad that we have. Youngsters and squad players need game time. No disrespect, but surely our second string is good enough to win against teams like Vorskla.

Emery knows how to win Europa to be fair. Will probably rotate more once we have a couple of wins in the bag.

You got to rotate and give youngsters a chance in the early stages. We have to many talented players not to see what they can do at easier games at senior level.

Big downside of my opinion on Emery if he is just gonna ignore the youngsters coming through now.

Agree with the original post line up, Nketiah and EMS need to start at least. Elneny is taking up valuable spot that should be for youngster. We need to sell him ASAP.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know Emery said he wont be playing a different 11 in this comp but surely in this particular game there wont be many who played on Sat. Torreira needs to start to get his fitness up, Monreal we may have to start, Mkha & Welbeck to keep them fresh but no one else who started Sat needs to start this game. I want to see Nketiah score at least a brace!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
looking forward seeing Elneny again, needs a game, just as Mavro/Holding (whoever plays)

Giroud12

Might sound crazy but would it be an idea giving Auba a run at CF (after his games at LW) just to get him going? 45 mins and a couple of goals could be good for him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom