• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win UEL Group Stage: FC Zurich 1 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 8th, September | KO: 17:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20220905-082134.png
We need an emphatic win to soothe the pain of losing to those ****ers in manchester.

Likes of Tierney, Vieira, ESR, Tomiyasu should come in and put these farmers to the sword.

Screenshot-20220905-082909.png

Prediction
FC Zurich 0-3 Arsenal

rockofcashel

People.. will ye ever cop on. The likes of Rangers made the final of this last year.. its a second shot at CL football next season.. the club will be taking this seriously, until they're safely in the knockout stages.. and that means as group winners, because they won't want to be running into one of the CL drop outs until last 16 minimum

There'll be a strong team out Thursday.. players like Tierney, Viera, Nketiah, Tomi will play to give them minutes.. but plenty of the bigger stars will be there too.. maybe as subs mind to ensure they win

Legend14

Established Member
Not sure what the lineup should be given our lack of depth.

Looking at their form, they look a decent setup. Dont know much about them though. Hopefully Smith Rowe is available for this one.
Pity we cant completely rotate here, I would like to give Granit a rest. If Nelson is available, perhaps we can.

Smith Rowe----Nketiah-----Marquinhos
------------------Vieira
------------Xhaka------Lokonga
Tierney----Holding-----Tomiyasu-----Cedric
------------------Turner
This looks about right.

Mohamed7

The key is to win this match because of our last match but, almost equally, to give rest to Saka, Martineli, Ødegaard, Jesus, White, Rams, and Saliba. Gabriel could really use rest too if we want to slightly risk the win.

It is critical we respond with a win on Thursday for confidence.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Looking at their form, they look a decent setup. Dont know much about them though. Hopefully Smith Rowe is available for this one.

Pity we cant completely rotate here, I would like to give Granit a rest. If Nelson is available, perhaps we can.

Smith Rowe----Nketiah-----Marquinhos
------------------Vieira
------------Xhaka------Lokonga
Tierney----Holding-----Tomiyasu-----Cedric
------------------Turner
I'd go with this as well. Wish Nelson was fit. Wouldn't mind ESR instead of Xhaka and Nelson in the wings. For the group stage this 11 is enough

Haphazard

I'd like to see Nelson,Viera and Marquinhos incorporated as soon as possible this will take pressure of Ode/Saka/Martinelli

Midfield is a concern because seemingly we can only go with Xhaka and Lokonga

I think EL is important to rotate as many players as possible because we will get injuries so the rotated players need to be sharp too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Should do a poll on how many people are actually watching this. I’m out with a very dull* group of people so will be missing it.

(*dull = any group who, on average, do not keep pace with my advanced, borderline alcoholic speed of drinking)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Correct me if I'm wrong but Arteta doesn't do heavy rotation, no? I imagine there will be a bunch of first teamers starting. Probably will want to qualify for the knockouts first.

Pretty sure he was playing a completely different team to the one that played in the league when we were facing Dundalk and Mode. I imagine the only game we will see less rotation is against PSV.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Pretty sure he was playing a completely different team to the one that played in the league when we were facing Dundalk and Mode. I imagine the only game we will see less rotation is against PSV.
Wasnt Xhaka center back again Dundalk?

MikeVinna

Established Member
Honestly I’d play Xhaka and Sambi because we don’t really have any alternative senior players for these positions. Sambi needs the playing time and Granit won’t break down no matter how many matches he plays.

Excited to see some new faces but the real test will be Everton to see how the starting XI responds.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ramsdale
Tomi-Holding-White-Tierney
Sambi-Xhaka
Ødegaard
Vieira-Jesus-Nketiah

Guessing that will be the lineup, can't see him rotating the whole side, and since ESR looks to be out or unlikely to start the only other option would be to start Marquinhos (or Zinchenko with Xhaka in the 8, also unlikely and I think he'll want to have an important player like Ødegaard play to ensure we start with 3 pts), something I don't see happening.

Blaziken

Turner
Cedric -White- Holding- Tierney
Sambi- Xhaka
Nelson- Vieira- Marquinhos
Nketiah
That'll do👍.

Morning_woody

Nelson is ruled our for at least another month and ESR picked up an injury.
Does anyone have a list of players who are registered to play in Europe ?
I doubt we can register academy players during the Europa League.
Our squad so thin that we can't even rest all the usual startes.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

The full Arsenal squad list is as followed:

GK: Aaron Ramsdale, Matt Turner, James Hillson

DEF: Ben White, Gabriel Magalhaes, William Saliba, Rob Holding, Cedric Soares, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Oleksandr Zinchenko

MID: Kieran Tierney, Thomas Partey, Martin Ødegaard, Fabio Vieira, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Mohamed Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Matt Smith

ATT: Gabriel Jesus, Emile Smith Rowe, Gabriel Martinelli, Eddie Nketiah, Reiss Nelson, Marquinhos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom