• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Qarabağ FK v Arsenal | October 4, 2018 17:55 BST | BT Sport

Which is more soul destroying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Untitled.png

Arsenal's first visit to Azerbaijan brings them to the Bakı Olimpiya Stadionu – venue for the 2019 UEFA Europa League final. The London club began their second successive campaign in this competition by beating Vorskla Poltava 4-2 at home, while their matchday two hosts Qarabağ were defeated 2-0 on opening night by Sporting CP in Lisbon.

Qarabağ have conceded only once in four European home games this season (W2 D1 L1) – having shipped four goals against Chelsea in their final European fixture last term. They previously held Atlético Madrid to a 0-0 stalemate in Baku as well as a 1-1 draw in the Spanish capital – results that contributed to Atlético's transfer from the UEFA Champions League to the UEFA Europa League, which they went on to win. :mad:

Team News
Cech, Mavropanos still injured
Mkhitaryan not allowed into the country

Untitled.jpg

Stannis

Id have the team in the op but with Mustafi in for Holding.

Holding should be a first team starter, played a few games so give him a rest for the weekend

Mraven

Why is an Azerbaijan team in the Europa league? I have nothing against the country, but including far away countries with political issues in the Europa league is not excactly making the cup more attractive and prestigious.

I hope we can leave most of our first XI at home, but with Mkhitaryan not going I’m afraid we’ll send Özil and Auba/Lacazette.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Why is an Azerbaijan team in the Europa league? I have nothing against the country, but including far away countries with political issues in the Europa league is not excactly making the cup more attractive and prestigious.

Yeah, well, it's a political issue, the same with Israel competing with European countries and it doesn't only happen in football either, it's the case with most sports as well with contests like Eurovision etc.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Think I'd go with American Gooner's team, tbh.

We should be able to beat a Carrier Bag without bringing any first teamers. I'm thinking about resting Emery as well, tbh.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
There is no Leftfooted LB or CB in the reserves / u18 we can field ?

Not because I dislike Monreal mind you but because he needs a breather to

He has played 8 straight games now

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No mkhi open the opportunity for ESR i think we'll rotate quite bit here
Leno
Lich Sokratis holding kola
Matteo elneny
Welbeck Smith-Rowe Iwobi
Auba

HBL

Established Member
Nketiah/Lacazette
Iwobi - ESR - Welbeck
Elneny - Guendouzi
Kolasinac - Holding - Sokratis - Lichtsteiner
Leno​

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Nketiah/Lacazette
Iwobi - ESR - Welbeck
Elneny - Guendouzi
Kolasinac - Holding - Sokratis - Lichtsteiner
Leno​

I'd just put Iwobi and Welbeck in reverse wings, twice now I thought Iwobi looks much better on the right. Also it's very strange that we might have to use our starting CBs in these games, very unfortunate time for Mavropanos to be injured.

MkhiMagic

Dortmund faced this team when Mkhi was still playing for them. They threatened him with arrest if he came there. Played the return leg at home and scored this beauty (2:52). It’s called qarabag but that territory is controlled by Armenia so they play their games in the capital about 500 miles north.

MkhiMagic

it should surely be a UEFA rule as part of getting a slot in the comp that there isnt any restrictions like that politically...it is mad.
What’s even madder is that the final will be played there. But UEFA is corrupt to the bone and oil money talks.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Its a disgrace that a player potentially wont be able to play in the final because of politics. UEFA are so greedy, they are taking away from the basic principles of football

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Untitled.png

Arsenal's first visit to Azerbaijan brings them to the Bakı Olimpiya Stadionu – venue for the 2019 UEFA Europa League final. The London club began their second successive campaign in this competition by beating Vorskla Poltava 4-2 at home, while their matchday two hosts Qarabağ were defeated 2-0 on opening night by Sporting CP in Lisbon.

Qarabağ have conceded only once in four European home games this season (W2 D1 L1) – having shipped four goals against Chelsea in their final European fixture last term. They previously held Atlético Madrid to a 0-0 stalemate in Baku as well as a 1-1 draw in the Spanish capital – results that contributed to Atlético's transfer from the UEFA Champions League to the UEFA Europa League, which they went on to win. :mad:

Team News
Cech, Mavropanos still injured
Mkhitaryan not allowed into the country

Untitled.jpg
In tears because of how casually you just put Mkhitaryan not allowed into the country under team news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom