• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Sporting CP v Arsenal | October 25, 2018 17:55 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Joel Campbell Wasn't Good Enough for Either Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand people blaming Guendouzi for slowing down play. Unlike most of our players, he is always trying to find a forward pass, and was personally responsible for most of the good plays in this game. It's true that he was caught in possession once or twice, but that goes with the territory, especially with someone so young.

Players with such vision and dribbling skills are meant to look a bit for the best possible option, and not just pass the ball to the nearest player like Elneny.

cannonade

Established Member
It makes sense that Guendouzi might be slow to react or thinking too much, but not Ramsey or Micki. They just didn’t play very well.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I really hope this doesn't end in him leaving us for Barca or Real. It'd be like Cesc all over again and I don't think I could handle it this time.

I’m not sure what else you expect to happen. If a young player realises his potential and starts to consistently turn out world class performances at any club on the planet then it’s just a matter of time before one of the big $$$ clubs come knocking. Cole, Anelka, Nasri, Fabregas ... I’m not saying it’s impossible for someone to stay - he could be the lynchpin of our new empire - but that’s fairly unrealistic in the modern game IMO.

For me personally Cole hurt the most, can’t see that ever changing. But, after a bit of time has passed I don’t have any hate for these guys, it’s just business....nothing personal. Always remember, in 2001 Arsenal pulled of one of the most shocking signings in English football history.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Xhaka is one of the best left backs in our recent history, just compare Gibbs, Traore and Santos with him. Sweet left foot with good understanding of the position, too bad he's not blessed with pace.

9jagooner

I also still feel like Emery isn't getting the credit he deserves, 11 wins in a row is f*cking impressive no matter who the opposition is. Meanwhile the pundits are all over Sarri, I guess I don't mind us going under the radar but just imagine if Liverpool/United had won 11 games in a row we wouldn't here the end of it on social media/sky.

There are right to be all over Sarri. Chelsea are unbeaten and they've played one or two big teams.

Whilst our 11 game winning run is very impressive, we lost against the two biggest teams we've played this season. Had we beaten one of Chelsea or City, I'm sure the media will be all over us too.

Overall, I'd rather we take it game by game and not bother about what others are saying

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our first halves are starting to piss Emery off :lol:.

I feel like it's more to do with obvious substitutions and tactical tweaks than first/second halves. Emery seems to like keeping an ace up his sleeve - for example the difference between Torreira and Elneny is quite significant, and when the former replaced the latter yesterday we wrestled back control in midfield.

Same thing on Saturday, he brought Auba and Guendouzi on and Leicester couldn't cope.

I don't think we've had a single 90 minutes with Laca, Auba, Douzi, Özil, Torreira and Iwobi on the pitch, and it seems somewhat deliberate to keep everyone on their toes. Risky, but it's been paying off.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just love that he says 'The Arsenal'

:lol: funnily enough I think the Spanish call us "El Arsenal" or "Los Gunners" which is pretty much a direct translation to "The Arsenal". I guess English doesn't use prepositions the way Spanish, French etc do.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game last night, but put it on record and watched early morning. Similar pattern, poorer first half, much better second.

Still can’t believe our unbelievable luck again. Sokratis clearly pulled the defenders shirt to hold him back, nothing given. He was through on goal, red and off in the old days. Could have killed the game, liked Van Persie’s red against Barca.

And Welbeck had a great chance, but struck the ball straight at the goalie. Fortunately it went through his legs. :lol:

It’s brilliant, we haven’t much luck for years. Lovely stuff.

Every win adds momentum.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

disappointed and frustrated with Ramsey who I thought dawdled on the ball too long at key times, missing several passes (off the top of my head: one where he delayed a ball to Mikhi on the break, and another to Guendouzi who was left completely unmarked at the edge of the box but he checked back to Granit).
Sounds like a typical Ramsey performance just without some end product to gloss it all over.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game last night, but put it on record and watched early morning. Similar pattern, poorer first half, much better second.

Still can’t believe our unbelievable luck again. Sokratis clearly pulled the defenders shirt to hold him back, nothing given. He was through on goal, red and off in the old days. Could have killed the game, liked Van Persie’s red against Barca.

And Welbeck had a great chance, but struck the ball straight at the goalie. Fortunately it went through his legs. :lol:

Every win adds momentum.
I see what you're doing here.

Also Welbeck's finish wasn't lucky. Going through the keepers legs is an established finishing technique.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Every win adds momentum.

You can spin this and focus on Welbeck's disallowed goal, which should've stood, no way that was a foul. But I agree that we've had so much **** luck for so many years that we now should accept anything we get.

Welbeck's finish was great, he intend for the ball to go between the keeper's legs FFS, it wasn't fortunate, strikers do that all the time.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I feel like it's more to do with obvious substitutions and tactical tweaks than first/second halves. Emery seems to like keeping an ace up his sleeve - for example the difference between Torreira and Elneny is quite significant, and when the former replaced the latter yesterday we wrestled back control in midfield.

Same thing on Saturday, he brought Auba and Guendouzi on and Leicester couldn't cope.

I don't think we've had a single 90 minutes with Laca, Auba, Douzi, Özil, Torreira and Iwobi on the pitch, and it seems somewhat deliberate to keep everyone on their toes. Risky, but it's been paying off.

Could be , but this is what he's been saying in the press for the last 3 weeks , that he isn't happy with our first halves .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

You can spin this and focus on Welbeck's disallowed goal, which should've stood, no way that was a foul. But I agree that we've had so much **** luck for so many years that we now should accept anything we get.

Welbeck's finish was great, he intend for the ball to go between the keeper's legs FFS, it wasn't fortunate, strikers do that all the time.
There’s no spin here bro, that’s how I saw it.

Welbeck put his hands on the defender, even if the defender slipped, so not really unlucky, to balance things out.

A striker always has two choices: try and place the ball out of the keepers reach or blast it straight at him. Much depends on the angle and time on the ball. The former is dependent on skill, the latter more on chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom