• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: CSKA Moscow (1) v Arsenal (4) | April 12, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That was an interesting read. I was watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia the other day and they made a boiled jeans reference which I thought they had made up for the show so this was actually really enlightening and timely. Thanks for sharing.

I like to think everyone has a bit of Dennis inside them.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Look at those passing stats from our defenders ffs no wonder why we're always under pressure. Disgusting.

Cech - 16% :lol:

That 16% suggests to me we were kicking ball up field rather than playing out and we weren’t doing wel at all with aerial duels. Don’t know if we have those stats?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That 16% suggests to me we were kicking ball up field rather than playing out and we weren’t doing wel at all with aerial duels. Don’t know if we have those stats?

The low passing successful rate from our defense may suggest that:

1 the other team is pressing high
2 the number of the pressing players outnumbered our defence
3 our defenders have very few options to pass to
4 we are forced to play long
5 wenger made no adjustment to our tactics to get us out of this situation

say yes

forum master baiter
The low passing successful rate from our defense may suggest that:

1 the other team is pressing high
2 the number of the pressing players outnumbered our defence
3 our defenders have very few options to pass to
4 we are forced to play long
5 wenger made no adjustment to our tactics to get us out of this situation

6- our defenders are awful

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
7 - Cech's long passes are terrible

When is my boy Ospina coming back?
We should have binned agent Helmet after his 200th clean sheet

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
6- our defenders are awful
They look awful because our tactics is bad.

If you put Tony Adams on his own, in a situation with no passing option, and he alone have to deal with 5 attacking players, what do you think the result would be?

Modern tactics is all about finding ways to outnumbering your opponent or avoiding the other way around. A world class defensive line will look bad under Wenger, because he doesn’t adapt the modern tactics.

say yes

forum master baiter
They look awful because our tactics is bad.

If you put Tony Adams on his own, in a situation with no passing option, and he alone have to deal with 5 attacking players, what do you think the result would be?

Modern tactics is all about finding ways to outnumbering your opponent or avoiding the other way around. A world class defensive line will look bad under Wenger, because he doesn’t adapt the modern tactics.

But that’s not what’s happening though is it?

Koscienly, Mustafi, Cech and co aren’t up in 5v1 situations. They’re up in 1v1 situations (if that) and they’re consistently coming up short.

Wenger is past it and it’s his fault that these guys are starting for us, but you can’t blame his tactics for everything. We have some dreadful defenders at this club.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
But that’s not what’s happening though is it?

Koscienly, Mustafi, Cech and co aren’t up in 5v1 situations. They’re up in 1v1 situations (if that) and they’re consistently coming up short.

Wenger is past it and it’s his fault that these guys are starting for us, but you can’t blame his tactics for everything. We have some dreadful defenders at this club.

I’m just giving an example of why their passing successful rate was so low. It’s a tactical problem. If we have adjust to the opponent press by providing more number/passing options at the back, the rate wouldn’t be that low. I’m talking about passing here, not defending.

However, I agree that the defensive error made was down to bad performance of individual players.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So does Dennis. :lol:

wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom