• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL QF 2nd Leg: SSC Napoli (0) v. Arsenal (2) | April 18, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

What will be the result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What happens if we finish 4th above Chelsea and they win the EL?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I like the look of that side and although it’d be better to have Leno in goal that isn’t going to happen.

It would at first seem best to have Leno at goal, but it's not so straightforward. Cech is not bad and playing him will keep him match fit for the rest of the season.

So if Leno gets injured, Cech is ready to step in. Also less chance to get injured when you don't play every game. Also Cech is happier to get playing time and a chance at an earned trophy in last season which affects dressing room.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I fancy us to score and I don't fancy Napoli to score 4, so hopefully come Thur evening we'll be celebrating and my Italian mate who flies out today will wonder why he bothered.

I'd play both Auba and Laca as a front 2. Napoli have to come at us and we'll kill them on the break.

Check

Was actually thinking about how many times we lost 'big' this season. The only time we got battered was at Anfield. The worst result after that were the 3-1 defeats at the Etihad and at Rennes. So we only have 1 defeat that wouldn't seal this tie in the entire season. If we keep our 'normal' level of away perfomances we should qualify. Think it will be a draw in the end, as Emery is better at setting us against the bigger teams.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What happens if we finish 4th above Chelsea and they win the EL?

The way it stands at the minute Utd would need to win the Champions League for us to finish 4th and not qualify (with Chelsea winning the EL).

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Winning the EL is the main objective for me this season. I’d rather finish 5th and win it.

I want silverware, our European record is poor for our club our size and lots of clubs have used the EL as a springboard to really do well in the CL in recent seasons.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We mustn't sit back on Thursday simply because we're not very good at it. One hundred percent focus and commitment should see us through but we need to start fast and sensible. Be up for it Gunners.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The way it stands at the minute Utd would need to win the Champions League for us to finish 4th and not qualify (with Chelsea winning the EL).
So that’s the only risk, United winning the CL? No worries then? Dare I say it? :D

Manberg

Predator
I read that Napoli are a bit like us, in that they're much better at home. It should be a fun tie to watch, can't wait. COYG!!!

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Winning the EL is the main objective for me this season. I’d rather finish 5th and win it.

I want silverware, our European record is poor for our club our size and lots of clubs have used the EL as a springboard to really do well in the CL in recent seasons.
Lol, winning EL is obvoiusly better than 4th in all ways possible . Who wouldnt take that?

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Lots of people talking about the chances we missed but Napoli also had one or two huge chances which on another day they probably score. It could have just as easily been 4-2 as 2-0 and I think avoiding an away goal will prove to be decisive.

We need to go there with the intent to score, if we get a goal then they need 3 just to force extra time

Manberg

Predator
The biggest problem's going to be mental. The pressure is on us and we've got to handle that pressure well. Can't have one of those days where the team gets intimidated and goes on to concede 4 or 5 goals. It's happened all too much.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lots of people talking about the chances we missed but Napoli also had one or two huge chances which on another day they probably score. It could have just as easily been 4-2 as 2-0 and I think avoiding an away goal will prove to be decisive.

We need to go there with the intent to score, if we get a goal then they need 3 just to force extra time

Agree with the away goal, but isn't 2-0 for Napoli only way to get extra time?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
* One out of Iwobi and Mkhi will start.
* Özil on the bench probably.
* If we're playing deep, Auba will start, otherwise it'll be Lacazette.

I hope we press the hell out of them in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom