• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Quarter-Final 1st Leg: Arsenal v Slavia Prague | Thursday, April 8 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has no concerns over the mentality of the players or how they defend a lead :lol:

This presser as a doozy.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's always gonna say **** like this, when he gets home he will be crying as he tries to fall asleep on the sofa though...God willing his wife makes him sleep there tonight.

Actually it was a journo that suggested that spin (so helpful) and Arteta jumped on it saying it's a good point, we can be more aggressive and attacking going there now. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That’s one fine look in’ BBQ pit...

WHY DOESN’T MINE LOOK LIKE THAT?!

Later in that episode when he asks the kids to say things to make him angry and Bart says yesterday he was a little attracted to Milhouse, then Homer goes mental :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
When Martinelli scored against Chelsea last season he didn't try to chip Kepa just put it far corner same happen today laca decided its great idea to chip it far corner just like Auba against Olympiakos.

Kysus

Partey is giving the ball away 5+ times every single game(mostly simple passes under no pressure)
Laca is watching every single cross fly past him.
Arteta is waiting longer than Arsène with his subs, in a competition where you have 5 ffs.
After scoring and then defending leads we try our best to gift it away again, every single time even if we were totally on the front foot.

The above is unacceptable.
Football feels soulless without fans btw.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The day this season ends and transfer market open is huge day for me i enjoy these days more than Arsenal season.

dave_rwr

Established Member
This team, man.

Even in a year where everything seems to be changing every single day around the entire world, somehow Arsenal find a way to still be Arsenal. It's embarrassing to be routinely disappointed about the same things every single year without fail.

ThePortugueseGunner

Couldn't watch it tonight, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I honestly don't know what some people are waiting for to open their eyes and realise that each day that we stick with Arteta, it's another wasted day on the way to regain top-club status.

It's just embarassing to have such a hard time beating Slavia, getting a late goal and still manage to bottle it. Sure, in theory we're scoring in Prague, but... will it actually happen? Because the thing about drawing with goals at home, is that if the other team succeeds in parking the bus on the 2nd leg, we're screwed.

I did a little research, just out of fun. While playing European football, we've drew 1-1 at home on the 1st leg for five times. We only went through on two of them:
  • Inter-Cities Fairs Cup | Last 16, 1963/1964 | F.C. Liègeois (1-1 / 3-1); ❌
  • European Cup Winners' Cup | Semi-Finals, 1979/1980 | Juventus (1-1, 0-1); [88' goal] ✅
  • European Cup Winners' Cup | Quarter-Finals, 1994/1995 | Auxerre (1-1, 0-1); ✅
  • UEFA Champions League | Quarter-Finals, 2007/2008 | Liverpool (1-1, 4-2); ❌
  • UEFA Europe League | Semi-Finals, 2017/2018 | Atlético Madrid (1-1, 1-0); ❌
As it always has been for the last few years: hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Couldn't watch it tonight, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't. I honestly don't know what some people are waiting for to open their eyes and realise that each day that we stick with Arteta, it's another wasted day on the way to regain top-club status.

It's just embarassing to have such a hard time beating Slavia, getting a late goal and still manage to bottle it. Sure, in theory we're scoring in Prague, but... will it actually happen? Because the thing about drawing with goals at home, is that if the other team succeeds in parking the bus on the 2nd leg, we're screwed.

I did a little research, just out of fun. While playing European football, we've drew 1-1 at home on the 1st leg for five times. We only went through on two of them:
  • Inter-Cities Fairs Cup | Last 16, 1963/1964 | F.C. Liègeois (1-1 / 3-1); ❌
  • European Cup Winners' Cup | Semi-Finals, 1979/1980 | Juventus (1-1, 0-1); [88' goal] ✅
  • European Cup Winners' Cup | Quarter-Finals, 1994/1995 | Auxerre (1-1, 0-1); ✅
  • UEFA Champions League | Quarter-Finals, 2007/2008 | Liverpool (1-1, 4-2); ❌
  • UEFA Europe League | Semi-Finals, 2017/2018 | Atlético Madrid (1-1, 1-0); ❌
As it always has been for the last few years: hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
We can go and score couple we scored 3 at Olympiakos the problem this team just don't give you confidence Arteta approach lately been poverty but when your players keep missing easy chances and can't defend a lead for 5 minutes it make you worried all the game

bergholt

The players are no good. I don't know how that's going to suddenly change when we get rid of Arteta.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely disgusting performance against a bunch of farmers.

Anyhow we let a team with a racist player knock us out, we’ll have to delete the club.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The players are no good. I don't know how that's going to suddenly change when we get rid of Arteta.

Not sure why we got rid of Unai Emery if we’re using that dreadful theory.

I don’t buy all this deflection from Arteta and on to the players. Surely they’re good enough to beat the likes of Burnley, Slavia etc.

skience3

Not sure why we got rid of Unai Emery if we’re using that dreadful theory.

I don’t buy all this deflection from Arteta and on to the players. Surely they’re good enough to beat the likes of Burnley, Slavia etc.
It really is ridiculous. If every club thought like this no manager would be fired until they were given a chance to replace the entire team. It's just not practical no matter how optimistic some are that Arteta will figure it out.

Legend14

Established Member
1. Willians game wasn’t bad, just not exciting. And then he tired (66 minute).

2. Not sure where ESR played today. He seemed to be supporting Willian most of the day. He needs freedom to do what he does.

3. Saka MOM. Back to normal with Ødegaard not on his side.

5. Partey’s below average game was still better than anything the opponent offered today. Needs to improve next match though.

6. Gabriel erases over the top counter attacks. Glad to have him.

7. Bellerin offers nothing

SLP is not good, Arsenal simply played conservatively. Now, they can’t. Next match:

Auba
Pepe ESR Saka
Xhaka Partey
??? Gabriel Holding Cedric

Find a LB and we should win 3-1.
If Bellerin and Willian play, we’ll draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom