• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Quarter-Final 2nd Leg: Slavia Prague (1) v Arsenal (1) | Thursday, April 15 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who Goes Through To The Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

• Arsenal defender David Luiz was in the Chelsea starting XI that beat Slavia 4-3 at Stamford Bridge in the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League quarter-final second leg, with his fellow Brazilian Willian coming on as a second-half substitute. Willian had provided the assist for the winning goal in the first leg in Prague, where Luiz was an unused replacement.

• Slavia general manager Stanislav Vlček played for the club in the 7-0 defeat at Arsenal Stadium in October 2007.

• Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang played 60 minutes of LOSC Lille's 5-1 UEFA Europa League group stage win at Slavia on 1 October 2009.

• Pépé and Slavia's Simon Deli are both current Ivory Coast internationals.

• Czech internationals Tomáš Souček and Vladimír Coufal both joined Arsenal's London rivals West Ham United from Slavia in 2020.

• Arsenal are the joint highest-scoring English club in the UEFA Europa League, group stage to final, with 103 goals – the same number as local rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

• Arsenal are now the highest-scoring English club in the UEFA Europa League, group stage to final, with 104 goals – one more than local rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

• The winners of this tie will face either Villarreal or Dinamo Zagreb in the semi-final.

Team News
Tierney, David Luiz & Ødegaard out
Smith Rowe & Saka to be assessed
Aubameyang could return
Martinelli expected to be fit

Untitled.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The front 4 is key here mikel need to play the right one if ESR Ødegaard didn't make it then you hope saka play attacking mid. I don't think we can use xhaka LB if they put Sima who is good winger against him we in trouble.

Vicki

This is the game to stand up and be counted.
Arsenal have to win, it's that simple.
We are good enough. We will win.

Come on Arsenal!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not to mention whatever mikel pick our players need to stop being c**ts be ruthless like yesterday game don't try be cute with finishing. Be serious.

Scottish_Gooner.

Massive game this. For me, Holding performs better with Mari. Xhaka needs to come back into CM with Partey. Saka to LB. Playing Cedric there is going to cause us problems, the Slavia team will have identified this as our weakness.
Martinelli, ESR/Ødegaard, Pepe & Auba up top.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think Auba will return, but only on the bench for this, Laca's performance yesterday probably kept his place...no way Gabby starts this, Mikel won't be able to resist picking Willian for this :lol:

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
Laca and Martinelli MUST start.

If I see Auba or Willian in the starting 11, leave Arteta in Prague and don’t let him back on the return flight to London

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would continue with Laca and leave Auba on the bench. Hopefully Saka & ESR are fit enough to give us this attack.

Laca
Martinelli ESR Saka/Pepe

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We play with intensity offensively and defensively, we go through.. simple.

We will concede but we have enough to score 2-3

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Ødegaard is still not ready then I'd probably go with Saka in the 10.

Not gonna lie Xhaka at left back would be better for this one as Slavia don't really have any pace down that side.

Leno
Cedric - Holding - Mari - Xhaka
Partey - Ceballos
Pepe - Saka - Martinelli
Laca

Realistically though Auba starts LW.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Think we will do them 1-2 or 1-3. Something tells me we won't see Martinelli start and Auba will be brought back to **** around the LW again.

mirrorstare

Based on how we played vs Sheffield fairly confident we're out

Hoping the team does like Ceballos with the backheels and shut me up

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We should do this but we can't be missing all these chances again. I know it was only Sheffield but hopefully gave the team a lift in confidence. I'll say 3-1.

I think we'll set out like this:

Leno
Chambers Holding Gabriel Cedric
Partey Xhaka
Saka ESR Pepe
Laca​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom