• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,712

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

8 losses this year and the most important game coming up.

Will Wenger change anything? Doubt it.

arsene_wenger_steve_bould-696x348.jpg

I doubt we'll even see a change from this.

He'll be glued to his seat throughout the game whilst Gattuso will be shouting at his players from the touchline.

Jae

It's win-win game to me. Sad times.

If Arsenal will win. Say no more, it's great.
If we'll lose, Wenger will be closer to the door.

Could pretty much say that about every game til the end of the season.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Think if you knew AG a little better you'd have spotted that pointing this out was exactly his intention....
Oh I didn’t see the irony.

Anyway..
Claims to be a fan....:rolleyes:
As much as I like Arsenal F.C. , I also do not want us to win this tie. Getting eliminated by Milan would be the best thing for us in the long term interests of the club.

Elimination from the EL would finish our season and Wenger cannot after that be expected to stay at the club. No way does Wenger remain coach after:
1. Getting eliminated by a Championship side in the first round of the FA cup (a Cup that has saved him his job in the past and a trophy he has won more than anyone else),
2. Finishing 6/7 in the PL way behind the Top Four and Tottenham,
3. Getting destroyed in the League Cup final,
and,
4. Another European Ro16 elimination.

So for the good of this club I do not want us to win this fixture (as it is Arsenal won’t win the EL with the likes of Dortmund, Lyon, Leipzig and Atletico still left)

If we somehow miraculously do win the EL, then Wenger will use it as evidence that he’s still got it and (at worst) maybe get another 2-3 year contract or (at best) see out his current contract and Arsenal will have another season wasted.

So as bad as it might sound, for the greater good of the club I’m willing to endure another Ro16 elimination from Europe. That’s the only way we have any hope of seeing real change this summer.

Hopefully Gatusso does Arsenal and its fans a favour and puts Wenger out of his misery!

It's win-win game to me. Sad times.

If Arsenal will win. Say no more, it's great.
If we'll lose, Wenger will be closer to the door.
^ This is exactly how I feel. :(
Users can call me a “fake” fan/Sp**s supporter all they want but getting Wenger to leave right now is more important than short term success. Go to any rival team forum and they were gutted that Arsenal didn’t win the Carabao Cup because they knew if Wenger wins another trophy, he will use it as validation to remain manager for more years to come.

CJJ

Established Member
You can wish Wenger out, but to directly WISH for us to lose is so counterproductive i have no words.

Personally, I hope we ****ing punch their italian teeth in and Wenger gets an EL victory under his belt. Then hopefully Wenger will see that as a sign and hand over the reigns this summer.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
arsene_wenger_steve_bould-696x348.jpg

I doubt we'll even see a change from this.

He'll be glued to his seat throughout the game whilst Gattuso will be shouting at his players from the touchline.

With Serie A, having to postpone all the matches on weekend, Wenger will already have lined up his excuses as AC Milan dwarf us with a 5-1 drubbing.

I'd stick a back 5 in there just not to get embarrased.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really hope we show up and perform Milan are on form because if not we are getting outplayed and heavily beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom