• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,740

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YaGunnersYa1

But defensively, we are disastrously bad.

Let's stick
Bellerin - Chambers - Mustafi - Koscielny - Kolasinac as back 5.

It's not as it Welbeck will score a goal there. The guy can't even hold the ball right.

Mustafi? Lol.

Its the 2 Albanians, Mustafi and Xhaka with the collective IQ of 6 who should be dropped and sold. Pair of dimwits.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Be real. Take a look at how Kronke runs his teams in the US. You might care about CL football, all he cares about is money. I hope Kronke goes but I still won't cheer against my team in the hope he does.

Actually, with the parachute payments teams get when relegated, it is conceivable that some teams might benefit from being escalator teams,
For years now Wenger has made Top Four seem like a trophy (its not though) and kept his employers happy because CL football brought in money, players and sponsors. If it fails to happen for the second time in a row, I am pretty sure Kroenke and the board are not gonna be happy about it.

Never have Arsenal been eliminated in the first round of the FA Cup under Wenger and never have we finished outside the top 5 in all these years. Both of those things will happen this season and for the first time under Wenger we cannot mathematically win the league with nine games still left. This has been a woeful season and I’m sure it will affect the club’s finances with sponsors being reluctant to invest in AFC.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We’re a much better team than Milan.

Unfortunately we’re also absolutely shot to pieces mentally.

Think you’ve got to take a draw given our form.

That's the thing. On paper we would be one of the favourites for the competition probably just behind Atletico Madrid. But as you say we are shot to pieces. And sadly I don't think we are turning it around.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The irrational Wenger loathing beginning to supercede support for the team.

It's like where does this nonsense end.. If we somehow get to the final vs. say Atletico, are people here seriously going to be rooting against us and hope we lose the final just because they hate the manager? What if their worst nightmare happen and we win the Europa league and Wenger stays, are they going to hope we fail to win the pl/cl or fail to make top4 next season or just fail to improve from this season just to be sure Wenger is gone?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If there's any justice, Nketiah will start v Milan.

I really hope so too, but unfortunately very unlikely.. It's a shame because you know what you are going to get with Welbeck and that's really not good enough, while Nketiah has the potential to do so much more..

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
For years now Wenger has made Top Four seem like a trophy (its not though) and kept his employers happy because CL football brought in money, players and sponsors. If it fails to happen for the second time in a row, I am pretty sure Kroenke and the board are not gonna be happy about it.

Never have Arsenal been eliminated in the first round of the FA Cup under Wenger and never have we finished outside the top 5 in all these years. Both of those things will happen this season and for the first time under Wenger we cannot mathematically win the league with nine games still left. This has been a woeful season and I’m sure it will affect the club’s finances with sponsors being reluctant to invest in AFC.
ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!

FinnGooner

Established Member
Milan is pants. Not much difference between them and Brighton tbh. We're pants too atm but we can win this if our guys get their **** together and give even 90% of their best.

Brown Gooner

These two Milan games are do or die for Mustafi, Jack and Laurent if they really want to play in the upcoming WC.

Re: Özil. If he puts in another crap performance over the two legs, I would be convinced that he was playing for a fancy contract all along and used our desperation with Sanchez leaving to his benefit. However, I am hopeful that he might wanna keep himself sharp with games against Spain and Brazil coming up for Die Mannschaft later in the month. So we might see him play the way a guy of his ability should be playing!

Brown Gooner

ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though (no offense) you are sounding like one of those jingoistic Trump/Republican voters who would rather support the “team” and the “leader” instead of thinking about the greater good.

(Apologies for bringing politics into this but that was the only relevant analogy I could think of when I saw that reply above from Mo Britain)

Brown Gooner

It's like where does this nonsense end.. If we somehow get to the final vs. say Atletico, are people here seriously going to be rooting against us and hope we lose the final just because they hate the manager? What if their worst nightmare happen and we win the Europa league and Wenger stays, are they going to hope we fail to win the pl/cl or fail to make top4 next season or just fail to improve from this season just to be sure Wenger is gone?
1. We won't win the EL. It would be one of the biggest upsets in football if Arsenal win it ahead of Milan/Atletico/Dortmund/Lyon and maybe even the Russian teams.
2. If somehow the impossible happens and we win the EL then we would be having the exact same conversations on Arsenal Mania next year this time of the season that we are having right now. In fact even for the next 2-3 years!
3. What are Arsenal gonna do in the CL anyway? Under Wenger we will once again get embarrassed by Barcelona or Bayern!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Seriously though (no offense) you are sounding like one of those jingoistic Trump/Republican voters who would rather support the “team” and the “leader” instead of thinking about the greater good.

(Apologies for bringing politics into this but that was the only relevant analogy I could think of when I saw that reply above from Mo Britain)
Heheh... not into US politics. Support for a football team has nothing to do with "the greater good" in the rational sense . The greater good for humanity would surely be for the obscene salaries players get these days to be used to eradicate hunger or malaria or something.

So I support Arsenal FC and, where football is concerned, all I want is for Arsenal to win every single game. That's not too much to ask surely? To get involved in Machiavellian what-ifs is to take away the simple brainless of fun of saying "I want this because I want this".

CJJ

Established Member
1. We won't win the EL. It would be one of the biggest upsets in football if Arsenal win it ahead of Milan/Atletico/Dortmund/Lyon and maybe even the Russian teams.
2. If somehow the impossible happens and we win the EL then we would be having the exact same conversations on Arsenal Mania next year this time of the season that we are having right now. In fact even for the next 2-3 years!
3. What are Arsenal gonna do in the CL anyway? Under Wenger we will once again get embarrassed by Barcelona or Bayern!
"One of the biggest upsets in football" if we win the EL? Seriously??

I know we're in a football crisis, but in no freaking realm of existence would it be the biggest upset if Arsenal FC won the EL.

We're a big club filled with proven internationals performing poorly.
But if we were to get our act together we're more then capable of winning the EL.

CanadianGooner1608

26TB9L4.png

The real standout tie of the Europa League last 16, two of the biggest clubs left in the competition who have a combined seven European Cups to their names.

Previous Meetings:
3VXONOG.jpg

Team News:
Aubameyang cup-tied
Monreal out
Lacazette out

Possible lineup:
KQIxhrr.jpg

Good gods in heaven... Laca's injury couldn't have come at a worst time, could it?
I'd rather have Eddie up front, at least we have no idea what kind of performance he would give, and it allows him to gain some experience.
With Welbeck, unfortunately, we know what we're getting whether he scores or not (probably not), he will manage to get past defenders only to slip and fall in his run.

Also, while we're experimenting, why not try something like this:

Eddie Rambo
Özil
Wilshere Mkhi
Elneny
Kola Koscielny Chambers Bellerin
Cech

Since Ramsey likes to go up front, let's give it to him and relieve him of a bit of defensive duties.
Elneny is better at defensive duties than Xhaka, he just needs to be instructed to keep his position and not make stupid runs forward.
Mustafi needs a rest and a mental reboot. We allow Chambers to gain some european experience as well.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom