• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,730

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I want us to win this trophy, I want the new manager to come into a Champions League club in summer and have a better chance at attracting the top level talent.
At the same time, with Wengers recent comments, I feel like he'll use this as a ' I told you I was the right man to turn this around ' and the board will receive the Champions League money and, in their minds, everything is fine - let Wenger see out his contract and one last attempt at the Champions League.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
"One of the biggest upsets in football" if we win the EL? Seriously??

I know we're in a football crisis, but in no freaking realm of existence would it be the biggest upset if Arsenal FC won the EL.

We're a big club filled with proven internationals performing poorly.
But if we were to get our act together we're more then capable of winning the EL.
Dude wake up and smell the coffee! Arsenal at the moment are playing like a relegation bound team and are only a big club on paper.

FFS we have lost this season to fodder teams like Stoke, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Brighton (sometimes even from winning positions!). Nine matches left in the PL and we have already lost TEN games, cannot even mathematically win the league title and are closer to the bottom of the table (25 points) than we are to the league leaders (33 points).

We were defeated and dominated at home by a Swedish club who weren’t even formed when Wenger joined Arsenal. Got knocked out of OUR Cup in the first round by a Championship team.

On our current form (where we just cannot win) it would be a huge upset if Arsenal is able to beat a rejuvenated AC Milan who are on an unbeaten run.

Heheh... not into US politics. Support for a football team has nothing to do with "the greater good" in the rational sense . The greater good for humanity would surely be for the obscene salaries players get these days to be used to eradicate hunger or malaria or something.

So I support Arsenal FC and, where football is concerned, all I want is for Arsenal to win every single game. That's not too much to ask surely? To get involved in Machiavellian what-ifs is to take away the simple brainless of fun of saying "I want this because I want this".
Your reply of “ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!” was way too similar to the jingoistic “USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!” chants that your stereotypical Republican voter from South Carolina would do.

Anyway as for the bolded part, I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment but that is not something within the control of ordinary fans like you and me. A proper regulated wage structure and Spending Caps would be brilliant.

The “greater good” for Arsenal F.C. as I see it is long term success and for me long term success means Arsenal challenging for the PL title every season (and not just settling for a stupid Top 4 spot), consistently doing well in Europe and winning the domestic cups every now and then.

It is painfully obvious that the aforementioned long term success cannot come to Arsenal F.C. until Mr. Wenger leaves his job as the manager.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
beIN is replaying the the Brighton/Arsenal match in primetime, the insensitive punks!

Hope

Less
Dude wake up and smell the coffee! Arsenal at the moment are playing like a relegation bound team and are only a big club on paper.

FFS we have lost this season to fodder teams like Stoke, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Brighton (sometimes even from winning positions!). Nine matches left in the PL and we have already lost TEN games, cannot even mathematically win the league title and are closer to the bottom of the table (25 points) than we are to the league leaders (33 points).

We were defeated and dominated at home by a Swedish club who weren’t even formed when Wenger joined Arsenal. Got knocked out of OUR Cup in the first round by a Championship team.

On our current form (where we just cannot win) it would be a huge upset if Arsenal is able to beat a rejuvenated AC Milan who are on an unbeaten run.

Your reply of “ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!” was way too similar to the jingoistic “USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!” chants that your stereotypical Republican voter from South Carolina would do.

Anyway as for the bolded part, I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment but that is not something within the control of ordinary fans like you and me. A proper regulated wage structure and Spending Caps would be brilliant.

The “greater good” for Arsenal F.C. as I see it is long term success and for me long term success means Arsenal challenging for the PL title every season (and not just settling for a stupid Top 4 spot), consistently doing well in Europe and winning the domestic cups every now and then.

It is painfully obvious that the aforementioned long term success cannot come to Arsenal F.C. until Mr. Wenger leaves his job as the manager.
Hilarious post lol. Some of the guys are absolutely lol.

Upset if we win Europa. Lol what. Get out of your Negative lala land. Wake up.

Victarion

Does anyone know when was the last time we lost 5 in a row in all competitions? That's what we're on course for. All I could find was West Ham were relegated the last time they lost 5 in a row, though that's Premier League games, not all competitions.

We're also the only team in the league to lose 8 games this year in all competitions, so potentially we're going to extend our lead...

You'd like to think these stats would motivate the players to raise their game, but...

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Hilarious post lol. Some of the guys are absolutely lol.

Upset if we win Europa. Lol what. Get out of your Negative lala land. Wake up.

It isn’t about being a pessimist. I was just like you last summer. I wanted Wenger to stay until the WC and this season to be his swansong. I wanted him to leave on the high of winning two thing he never won. However, as soon as that two year deal was finalised I knew things could turn really ugly. I still backed him until the Carabao Cup final but as I saw Citeh toying with us at Wembley, reality slapped me in the face and I realised that this could no longer go on!

Here is a post from another thread that is totally on point in this regard.
We won’t win the Europa league and everyone knows deep down. Look how poor we are performing on the pitch. There are a lot bette teams in the EL than we have lost to this season in the PL. it’s not even negative, it’s realism of the current situation at the club that i won’t bury my head away from.

I really didn’t want it to get to where we are now. I really hoped a new manager would tbe able to take over with the club in a healthier position. Instead it’s the sentimentality and Wenger’s to realise when his times up, which has allowed this awful situation to happen.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
We will win this - we need to flip things around and the boys will set it straight here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think this Milan side is that great in terms of quality, sure they're in good form but if we actually turn up (probably about a 0.5% chance of that happening) we have a chance of beating them.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't do predictions, but certainly considering how things have gone recently, combined with Milan's good form of late, it doesn't look good. That said, recent years have been filled with times when Arsenal pulled themselves out of a funk just when we least expected it (or vice versa). So you never know.

The one silver lining for me is that Milan has always been my 2nd favorite team, so I'll be pulling for whichever team goes through to win it all. Hopefully Arsenal can break out of this extended February Funk and get on a roll.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
They've got Fabio Borini whose probably the worst Italian footballer I've ever seen. I don't know much else about the current Milan team but going by that, they must be beatable. And we can't keep losing.

CanadianGooner1608

They've got Fabio Borini whose probably the worst Italian footballer I've ever seen. I don't know much else about the current Milan team but going by that, they must be beatable. And we can't keep losing.

They also have Donnarumma who will have the titan task of stopping our goal scoring machine Welbeck.

God I wish Welbeck would shut me up and score a brace lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom