• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,742

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't say I want us to lose but wouldn't blame those that do either.

If we win the EL then Wenger stays beyond this year and possibly even 2019.

Mohamed7

I am in the boat for those who want us to lose. F him. I am sick of this old rag. Anyone who thinks he will resign is deluded. He has always claimed he respects his contracts so we would at least have him another season.

All the fans need to be supporting him to leave immediately.

As for EL, I doubt we will go past Milan who just had nice rest. They will win but important is to score away goal and limit the deficit.

Polar Bear

Please no Welbeck as the striker, I don't want him to play, we all know what is gonna happen if he plays, he will just keep falling over on the floor and miss hitting everything. No thanks. Don't even take him.

Play Eddie as the striker, I don't care if he is young, he will do better than Welbeck.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
---Welbeck----Eddie----Özil
----------Xhaka--------Ramsey
--------------------Elneny
Amn--Kos---Mustafi----Bellerin
-------------------Cech

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Wengers done at the end of the season anyway, winning Europa will somewhat save this **** show of a season! This match is huge and I want nothing more than a win! Come on boys!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Dude wake up and smell the coffee! Arsenal at the moment are playing like a relegation bound team and are only a big club on paper.

FFS we have lost this season to fodder teams like Stoke, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea and Brighton (sometimes even from winning positions!). Nine matches left in the PL and we have already lost TEN games, cannot even mathematically win the league title and are closer to the bottom of the table (25 points) than we are to the league leaders (33 points).

We were defeated and dominated at home by a Swedish club who weren’t even formed when Wenger joined Arsenal. Got knocked out of OUR Cup in the first round by a Championship team.

On our current form (where we just cannot win) it would be a huge upset if Arsenal is able to beat a rejuvenated AC Milan who are on an unbeaten run.

Your reply of “ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!” was way too similar to the jingoistic “USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!” chants that your stereotypical Republican voter from South Carolina would do.

Anyway as for the bolded part, I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment but that is not something within the control of ordinary fans like you and me. A proper regulated wage structure and Spending Caps would be brilliant.

The “greater good” for Arsenal F.C. as I see it is long term success and for me long term success means Arsenal challenging for the PL title every season (and not just settling for a stupid Top 4 spot), consistently doing well in Europe and winning the domestic cups every now and then.

It is painfully obvious that the aforementioned long term success cannot come to Arsenal F.C. until Mr. Wenger leaves his job as the manager.

Patriotism should no be left to the jingoists. Why can't New England Democrats say "USA! USA! USA!"? There are similarities in the tribalism of football and politics. And more movement between parties in politics than favourite teams in football.

Fans like you and me don't control Arsenal either. So whilst my attitude to Kronke is "not in my name" I am not going to give them the satisfaction, apart from the annoyance at our poor play and results, of being alienated from something - supporting the Arsenal - which has given me a sense of belonging and much pleasure throughout my life.

There are no guarantees we will be successful after Mr Wenger (the most successful manager in our history in terms of trophies won) leaves. Perhaps the next manager's role will be, like Harold Macmillan, the management of decline. The long sunset of what was once the Bank of England club. So I, for one, am not going to stop supporting my team in every game in case it gets Wenger the sack in case his successor(s) is/are successful. No sir, I enjoy watching my team win. Full stop.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Patriotism should no be left to the jingoists. Why can't New England Democrats say "USA! USA! USA!"? There are similarities in the tribalism of football and politics. And more movement between parties in politics than favourite teams in football.

Fans like you and me don't control Arsenal either. So whilst my attitude to Kronke is "not in my name" I am not going to give them the satisfaction, apart from the annoyance at our poor play and results, of being alienated from something - supporting the Arsenal - which has given me a sense of belonging and much pleasure throughout my life.

There are no guarantees we will be successful after Mr Wenger (the most successful manager in our history in terms of trophies won) leaves. Perhaps the next manager's role will be, like Harold Macmillan, the management of decline. The long sunset of what was once the Bank of England club. So I, for one, am not going to stop supporting my team in every game in case it gets Wenger the sack in case his successor(s) is/are successful. No sir, I enjoy watching my team win. Full stop.
Ah so you are one of those “be careful what you wish for” guys. Gotcha! :rolleyes:

Brown Gooner

This would be our best possible lineup.

Ospina
Hector Mustafi Laurent Sead
——————Elneny——————
——Ramsey—————Jack——
———Özil——————Mahi——
——————Eddie———————

Subs: Nelson, Xhaka and maybe Welbeck.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Eddie Nketiah is a gamble. Welbeck is a crrtainty for abject poverty

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ah so you are one of those “be careful what you wish for” guys. Gotcha! :rolleyes:
Nope. I've been a great admirer of Wenger but it is clear he needs to call it a day. My point is that changing managers is no guarantee of success so if your preferred method of agitating for change is not supporting your team it could become ...a habit... if we move into a period of limited or no success.

Be careful what you wish for is the flip side of hindsight but wishing to change for the better is legit, best done with a clear mind and a realistic appraisal of where you are before you change and what type of change you are likely to get. Wanting Messi isn't going to get you him unless you have an owner who is prepared to pay more than what he is worth etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
On a rare positive note, quite apart from all the obvious doom and gloom won't it be quite nice just to experience a big European game again? True there'll be crippling pessimism and anxiety, and sure there won't be any Champions League music, but it's AC Milan at the San Siro. Silver linings and all that ;)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wouldn't say I want us to lose but wouldn't blame those that do either.

If we win the EL then Wenger stays beyond this year and possibly even 2019.

No he doesn't , not going to happen . He's gone , don't think he'll want to but position is untenable.

Brown Gooner

Wenger always pulls it out when it looks like he's on the ropes. Think we'll surprise on aggregate.
Well then I hope this time around Gatusso and Milan can deliver the KO punch and finish this once and for all.

Not often do the ESPN guys talk sense but if you go on their Arsenal page and see the very first video, Craig Burley and Julian Laurens are spot on in their assessment.

Burley says that Wenger winning the EL could be bad for the future of the club because he might use a EL win to stay manager of Arsenal beyond this summer and possibly beyond 2019 as well. Laurens says something I said in my previous posts on Wenger’s thread, that Wenger is scared of life beyond and after Football.

The way arsenal is playing at the moment, I could see even Gattuso go mad at them in the touchline :lol:. No one can complain these players do not deserve some "hairdryer" from Rino.

Jaila

If we win the EL, Wenger will be handed another couple of contract extensions based on just those wins. And when that comes to end, we will suddenly realize we are just another Everton like mid table club.
Or we can tank this year and start the rebuild and have a chance at fighting for the title couple of years down the line.

I would prefer the latter.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On a rare positive note, quite apart from all the obvious doom and gloom won't it be quite nice just to experience a big European game again? True there'll be crippling pessimism and anxiety, and sure there won't be any Champions League music, but it's AC Milan at the San Siro. Silver linings and all that ;)
frankly, if I ever wanted to watch a live match, it would be one of these.

although I do not recognize even one of these Milan players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom