UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Mar 5, 2018.

What will be the result of this match?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2018.
  1. Milan Win

2. Arsenal Win

3. 0-0

0 vote(s)
  4. Score Draw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bingobob

bingobob He played for Celtic? Sign him up!

I for one find it difficult to match up what I know people to say. Psg not a real club achieved nothing in the past nothing without oil money same for City and Chelsea. I know so many that think that way and yet get all excited at the prospect of games against these teams. Then you have teams with real class, a rich history but largely out of the modern picture and they are dismissed. I don't get it. I love the romance of the game hearing of the great Milan teams, Nottingham Forest way back when. The Europa league is viewed as a secondary competition yet we've played two former European cup winners to date in it, remarkable.

The past in football is extremely important but the modern game with its Hollywood marketing has blinded people.
    kopzilla, Rumour, Gooner Zig and 3 others like this.
  2. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

Something that made us quite effective was how central Özil and Mkhi moved so as to influence the game more. Kolasinac and Chambers did well enough to then add width to our play. If we get that balance right, we should be able to build up some form.
    asukru, Rygura, noah0 and 2 others like this.
  3. TorontoGooner76

TorontoGooner76 Active Member

Absolutely thrilled with the result. I am off work tomorrow and left early today so i could come home, enjoy a nice bottle of Stella Artois and watch the match. Very pleased with what I saw.

In spite of our form lately I always hope for a good result from the team. I just can't understand thinking any other way.

I guess there are many very dissapointed so-called fans today. You know, all those who actually wanted us to lose for some twisted reason. Pathetic. Well let's dedicate this win to them.
    KingVerse, neimad, LGooner98 and 8 others like this.
  4. Axel9090

Axel9090 Well-Known Member

Brilliant result. Despite me not being that bothered with the club after recent events, I was still very pleased and excited when I saw us go one and two goals up. Milan were poor, I know was too, but they were at home!

Did anyone notice Wengers glum face when the first goal went in? At least thats what I saw on the highlights. Maybe its his last season.
  5. Jury

Jury Wenger Öut

It used to be the beautiful game. The European Cup was an incredible competition. The champions of each country were stronger. It was like a mini Euro finals. Players were representing their countries back then. Now, that's way down the list, somewhere between Instagram followers and their own brand... ffs
    bingobob, celestis and Rex Banner like this.
  6. Jury

Jury Wenger Öut

It's his best away performance in a long time too.
    Jojoba likes this.
  7. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

this is why being a football fan is such hard work - you talk yourself into not caring, or even worse wanting a loss to achieve change, and then get all excited when we win

I bet there's not many on this forum who don't fall into this pattern
    Jojoba and Brown Gooner like this.
  8. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I hope Arséne Wenger gives some of the youth a chance in the league now. The likes of AMN (who looked great when he came on), Eddie Nkietah and Reiss Nelson deserve to start in the PL.

Welbeck looked great tonight but as a striker, he's judged on goals and he didn't score tonight despite putting in a shift.

I'd love for us to revert to 2 strikers on the weekend with Aubameyang & Nkietah with a four man midfield of Mkhi, Ramsey, Özil & Wilshere behind them.
    Brown Gooner likes this.
  9. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Congrats on the win. As much as I want to see Wenger go, it was getting downright painful to see you get battered every week. Very typical Arsenal this, great performance seemingly out of nowhere against a good team :lol:
    Brown Gooner and asukru like this.
  10. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Nah, bet it's coz by the time you've fallen asleep, you've exhausted everything you can dream off by daydreaming lol.

I've been consistently high for about a year now... Only way I can deal with the team tbf
  11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Non-Stop Moaner

This coming from a West Ham fan
    krengon and Jury like this.
  12. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

I care way more about the current state of Arsenal than West Ham right now :lol: We're a shower of embarrassing ****ing ****e and I want little to do with it. My support isn't blind and I don't want to support the people currently running things at West Ham. There's nothing for me to support right now.

Always had a soft spot for Arsenal, obviously.
    Jojoba likes this.
  13. rich 1990

Just seen that Welbeck shot again:lol:

kopzilla, neimad, Taxi Driver and 3 others like this.
  14. rich 1990

At least you don't have someone called Sir Chips, ffs.
    Dokaka likes this.
  15. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

They should rebrand the chips at the Emirates "Sir Chips".
  16. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Tell you who was absolute sh*te, that Kessie lad.

He's been hyped up non stop before this, how do some of these guys get so rated, he ran around a lot but whenever he had the ball I half expected him to give it straight back to us.
    krengon, Mitch, asukru and 2 others like this.
  17. Jury

Jury Wenger Öut

MOTM according to a few on here...
  18. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Well-Known Member

He was a headless chicken. His most effective moment was when he caught Miki with his arm on the neck and succeeded in getting our boy reprimanded by the ref for his pains.
  19. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

What formation do you think we’ll try and run long term? Guess it depends on the manager but I think Wenger will see out his contract
  20. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

What did he even do!?

Scott Parker syndrome, run about and put a few tackles in to get yourself noticed in tight games.

Actual footballing ability doesn't matter.
    krengon, Mitch, asukru and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.