• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,601

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I like that we didn't look spectacular (Özils assists and the goals were thou)

but we looked cohesive

but I am hesitant to get my hopes up, we looked more spectacular but more shaky vs Everton and had a backlash

I am praying to raptor Jeebus and the spaghetti monster that the players sat around and sang kumbaya and got their priorities straight atleast

I do not care for 4-3-2-1, that might be even worse than 3-4-2-1 IMO

just play two strikers, even Welbeck might be useful then, sorta retro Heskey style

and what was up with the guys actually playing the balls that Auba should have been getting in his few games and Laca for sure should have been getting the whole season? and they played them consistently to Welbeck?

This is the start of a good run. Wenger abandoning his Mr Nice Guy persona is starting to take effect! Europa League is there for the taking. Top 4 might be a bit too much to ask for now though. Nevermind, Wenger will make the necessary changes in the summer.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
ij60ya9.jpg

After all the media talk :drool:
This nigga looks like he's about to drop the hottest mixtape of 2018.

Original_AAA

It's been a bit quiet here tonight. Now if we'd lost 5-0......

:lol: I guess a lot of the members here are like me and uses this board to vent frustration. When things go well like today you want to celebrate with your loved ones, when things go belly up, it's nice to have a place where you can channel your negativity. ;)

Impressive game today. Havn't enjoyed an Arsenal match as much as this in what seems forever.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
It used to be the beautiful game. The European Cup was an incredible competition. The champions of each country were stronger. It was like a mini Euro finals. Players were representing their countries back then. Now, that's way down the list, somewhere between Instagram followers and their own brand... ffs
welcome to this world. Ppl trying to convince me life on this planet is getting better and better, while every little thing about it is going opposite way. Of course football would follow 'the evolution'

Wilshere1010

Didn't see the game but reading some of the comments I'd like to see us stick with this lineup for a while. On paper I think it works well.

Özil and Mkhi coming inside to combine with Jack, all three have the technique for dangerous combination play. Ramsey just has to time his runs to support Auba, and the full backs provide the width to stretch the pitch and give our playmakers some space.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Didn't get to watch the game as I was at work and was trying my best to avoid seeing the score, however, too many of my friends gave it away. Anyways, just watched the highlights and it looked like we played well and judging by the comments we did well.

Glad we won, however, this is what frustrates me most with our team, you never know which Arsenal will turn up lol anyways I am not going to complain and like a few have mentioned I will truly celebrate when the tie is fully over.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
this is why being a football fan is such hard work - you talk yourself into not caring, or even worse wanting a loss to achieve change, and then get all excited when we win

I bet there's not many on this forum who don't fall into this pattern
You just described how I am feeling. Just can’t help it I suppose!

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Tell you who was absolute sh*te, that Kessie lad.

He's been hyped up non stop before this, how do some of these guys get so rated, he ran around a lot but whenever he had the ball I half expected him to give it straight back to us.
He wasn't ****, he actually stood out in a poor Milan side (performance wise). He didn't light up the show, otherwise we would have lost but he played well enough not to be considered a flop or headless chicken.

Had Koscielny not intervened, Kessies run would have made it 1-2 IIRC. He was easily their MOTM.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
What did he even do!?

Scott Parker syndrome, run about and put a few tackles in to get yourself noticed in tight games.

Actual footballing ability doesn't matter.

What are you critiquing? His touch (which isn't bad for a box-box midfielder), his ball distribution? His engine? His positional intelligence?

Obviously he does not get into a top European side but what I saw didn't warrant him being written off. He is a solid midfielder.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
A negative to take away from this is that the moment we get pressed, were dead. Even with Milan playing at such a slow tempo, our conservative approach when it comes to pressing allows even a snail a chance at our goal.

The amount of times there was 3 men around 1 player but not a single one willing to aggressively press was infuriating. We can't keep backing off all the way to the edge of our box, better teams will and have punished us.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
so, what did you guys think of Chambers on the right? his pace and engine may not be comparable to Bellerin, but i think his ball control and composure should be better (at least it seemed to me), plus he timed his runs more conservatively - just enough to provide width and buildup, to support his winger.

how about defensive side and on the recovery phases of play? i didn't pay attention much but it seemed to me that he stayed closed to Mustafi and those two won a lot of tackles in their area. could be just the sorry state of milan's attackers though.

CanadianGooner1608

I thoroughly enjoyed Özil being legitimately pissed of being sent off.
Seems like he wanted more out of the game.
Hope he keeps that hunger for Watford so Deeney can swallow his own "cojones" (haven't forgiven him for that comment), and then for the second leg.

Felt good to see an Arsenal side play as a cohesive team for once (at least more than we're used to see)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
So many people seem adamant on being upset with the club. We got s superb win away from home at the most unexpected time in a chaotic season and half of you can;t just enjoy the moment.
I know we disappoint and this tie is certainly far from over but give credit where it is due. Whiny bunch of ****s.... No wonder rival fans laugh at us. Fickle fan base!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Honestly, it's a game of two legs, and we're known for disappointment, so I'll save my "Wow, we played well," until the final whistle.
Not really. Even if we get clobbered in the return we still had a good game last night. Rightly, very few people held back after the 1-2 loss to Ostersunds even though we won the tie 4-2. Works both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom