• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,732

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MkhiMagic

I bet everyone had that “here we go again” feeling the first 5 minutes of the match (3 corners and some dangerous crosses).

Welbeck actually looked like a footballer today despite that one ridiculous “shot” attempt at the end. Great hold up/link up play and a great run and pass to put Mkhi through.

I don’t rate AMN but his 30 min cameo was HUGE, totally bossed Suso.

Pretty much everyone played really well, Wilshere lost the ball a bit too much but had good moments too.

Giroud12

Good win, thought Xhaka and Kola were superb, showed some of the quality we all know they have. Wish Eddie would have gotten some minutes.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's a big relief to know the boys can still do it - and it must be for them too

let's face it, most of us had seriously started to wonder if we were ever going to win an important match again

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
How can Anybody see that game and not rate Kessie high?

He was great
Seen Kessie play better, but he has major potenial being only 21. Strong, athletic, good passing, performs under pressure, likes to sit back.

Marmaduke

I'm also glad Welbeck has relieved some of the immense hate that has been heaping up on him. Guy doesn't deserve all the hate he gets even if he can't strike a ball cleanly to save his life.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'm also glad Welbeck has relieved some of the immense hate that has been heaping up on him. Guy doesn't deserve all the hate he gets even if he can't strike a ball cleanly to save his life.
his goofiness causes problems to well schooled defences - something Sanogo achieved on his (very few) good days - while they're trying to deal with him there is always the opportunity for one of our better goal scorers to nip in

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I for one find it difficult to match up what I know people to say. Psg not a real club achieved nothing in the past nothing without oil money same for City and Chelsea. I know so many that think that way and yet get all excited at the prospect of games against these teams. Then you have teams with real class, a rich history but largely out of the modern picture and they are dismissed. I don't get it. I love the romance of the game hearing of the great Milan teams, Nottingham Forest way back when. The Europa league is viewed as a secondary competition yet we've played two former European cup winners to date in it, remarkable.

The past in football is extremely important but the modern game with its Hollywood marketing has blinded people.

Are you serious mate? PSG not a real club? They re a massive club with good European pedigree.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Are you serious mate? PSG not a real club? They re a massive club with good European pedigree.
Psg are younger than my parents, heck some of my cousins are as well. They have won a Cup Winners cup, I think. But given how young they are personally I don't feel that amounts to much. Some may feel it does.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I bet everyone had that “here we go again” feeling the first 5 minutes of the match (3 corners and some dangerous crosses).

Welbeck actually looked like a footballer today despite that one ridiculous “shot” attempt at the end. Great hold up/link up play and a great run and pass to put Mkhi through.

I don’t rate AMN but his 30 min cameo was HUGE, totally bossed Suso.

Pretty much everyone played really well, Wilshere lost the ball a bit too much but had good moments too.

Composed, physical, two footed. He's barely been given a chance, and when he has it has largely been as either part of a makeshift lineup or out of position in a struggling side.

I'd therefore love to know why exactly you don't rate him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Composed, physical, two footed. He's barely been given a chance, and when he has it has largely been as either part of a makeshift lineup or out of position in a struggling side.

I'd therefore love to know why exactly you don't rate him.

Only think he is lacking is the mental side ie intensity .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What I found interesting today from Wenger that he didn't waste mkhi or Özil on wings Özil stayed in middle whole game and mkhi gone to wings when needed that's how he should play 4-3-2-1 is more suited for the players we got.

Milan had zero pace in wide areas and didn't attack us down the flanks like almost every other side. Which allowed us to do it. Ricardo Rodriguez must be slower than a parked vehicle.

It meant that our wide players could tuck in and create overloads which is what Wenger aims for with this system but against 99% of teams we face, that is defensive ****.

I actually think that had we utilised a pacey winger it could've been a similar result to the 5-1 against Inter in 2003. They were slow and played a high line.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Is Kessie good on football manager or something to get this hype? Didn’t think there was anything special at all about his performance.

Never heard of him before and only thing I remember was him losing the ball and passing it out for a throw in

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Milan had zero pace in wide areas and didn't attack us down the flanks like almost every other side. Which allowed us to do it. Ricardo Rodriguez must be slower than a parked vehicle.

It meant that our wide players could tuck in and create overloads which is what Wenger aims for with this system but against 99% of teams we face, that is defensive ****.

I actually think that had we utilised a pacey winger it could've been a similar result to the 5-1 against Inter in 2003. They were slow and played a high line.
Suso is very quick winger tho you right most teams play with wingers that could leave our full backs in trouble but I liked what Wenger tried I would like if he try it in PL we got nothing to lose at least play with your team strength rather waste mkhi or Özil on wings

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Seen Kessie play better, but he has major potenial being only 21. Strong, athletic, good passing, performs under pressure, likes to sit back.

He was giving away the ball for fun. If Xhaka had a game like that he would have been fired out of a cannon live on TV.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is Kessie good on football manager or something to get this hype? Didn’t think there was anything special at all about his performance.

Never heard of him before and only thing I remember was him losing the ball and passing it out for a throw in

He was likened to Kante after a strong season at Atlanta and a promising loan spell at another Italian club which escapes me.

He’s a good player but he’s been poor for Milan, like a lot of their summer signings. He was shocking against us! Wilshere dropped the shoulder on him 30 times :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom