• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,494

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Piss poor performance from everyone, we’re suppose to the elite in this competition, going a man down shouldn’t allow Rennes superiority.

We’re a different side at home though, still expecting us to go through.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
'He's 19 years old' might be something like a valid excuse.

In this instance not really. He came on as a substitute in the second half so he was rather fresh, as left CM it's his job to cover that left side along the leftback, and it's not just like he was unaware of Sarr, at the beginning maybe, but right around the time before Ramsey overtakes him he actually notices the runner but just can't be arsed. ****ing weak for a guy who spouts he's all about mentality, always gives 150% and runs for his teammates. If you can't still give your all in the 88th minute when your team is 1 goal down in a frustrating but important game, you have no business being on the pitch at all - doesn't matter if you're 17, 19, 25, 32 or 42.

Edit: Looked at again and you can actually see he's anywhere with his head but his duty, he never bothers to have a look at his right, then he sees Ramsey sprinting towards him,takes a look, sees Sarr, accelerates for like two steps, and then is like "nah, the other guy's already in sprint"....that's just ****ing weak.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
In this instance not really. He came on as a substitute in the second half so he was rather fresh, as left CM it's his job to cover that left side along the leftback, and it's not just like he was unaware of Sarr, at the beginning maybe, but right around the time before Ramsey overtakes him he actually notices the runner but just can't be arsed. ****ing weak for a guy who spouts he's all about mentality, always gives 150% and runs for his teammates. If you can't still give your all in the 88th minute when your team is 1 goal down in a frustrating but important game, you have no business being on the pitch at all - doesn't matter if you're 17, 19, 25, 32 or 42.
But that's the advantage of being 19 and doing stupid/lazy sh!t like that--it'll be highlighted and he'll make sure that doesn't happen again too often. I'm not defending it because, as you say, he seemed aware to the situation but banked on nothing coming of it. It was poor, but all you can do is slaughter him for it, then focus back on all his positives for a player of his very limited experience and age.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
But that's the advantage of being 19 and doing stupid/lazy sh!t like that--it'll be highlighted and he'll make sure that doesn't happen again too often. I'm not defending it because, as you say, he seemed aware to the situation but banked on nothing coming of it. It was poor, but all you can do is slaughter him for it, then focus back on all his positives for a player of his very limited experience and age.

I get what you're saying...it's just so negligent even for a guy his age. And some guys if they don't get a good bollocking but a "ok, you're only 19 **** happens" they will keep doing it. And it's not the very first time he's been caught unaware of or disinterested in opposition movement.

macka66

Really disappointed with the result. More annoyed with the fact that we had a strong team out and they still got dominated. Credit is due to them they played some good football at times. Not expecting much on Sunday, the least the players can do is put in a decent performance against united. Onto next Thursday if we go out then the budget is going to be piss poor again.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Oh to be a gunner :rolleyes: - let's face it, even if we were to go through despite the first leg, the oppositions to come will be much harder.

I just don't see us winning this cup, sadly.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Season could be more or less over by this time next week.

Ramos got what he deserved for his cleverness and so did we today.

Polar Bear

Missed the game live. Just watched the replay. Absolutely pathetic, so so so bad. It was basically Rennes vs Cech, We started off good, but after about 25 minutes we were totally done and did nothing else at all. We totally deserved to lose, out played badly.

I got a bad feeling about this, this team are a lot better than Bate, its not gonna be easy at emirates at all, you could see how desperately they wanted it. I got a bad feeling we might get knocked out

Awful subs from Unai too. Cech was good I thought, everyone else pathetic.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sarr's pace is insane. Can understand why we've been scouting him.

Again not impressed with Emery. Next two games are massive and even though they're home I don't feel confident.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
So we did not rest key players and still lost the match. I wish we rested and at least fully fit for United.

Now, it would be a miracle to beat United at home! The difference in confidence between us and them is huge.
That’s exactly what I said to people saying United beating PSG is good for 4th race... actually I think is bad for the confidence they got... and just 2 more games... another year without CL

arsmile

Established Member
Some individuals did let us down.

But the tactical plan when we went down to 10 jyst seemed kamikaze. Why we went with a narrow midfield 3 when we had mhiki at rb and sheer pace up against monreal...i cannot fathom.

They both spent the whole hour horrifically exposed.

If you think you can get away with mikiAt rb...surely it has to be because you know he is being protected by midfield...

MikeVinna

Established Member
Some individuals did let us down.

But the tactical plan when we went down to 10 jyst seemed kamikaze. Why we went with a narrow midfield 3 when we had mhiki at rb and sheer pace up against monreal...i cannot fathom.

They both spent the whole hour horrifically exposed.

If you think you can get away with mikiAt rb...surely it has to be because you know he is being protected by midfield...

Just starting Mustafi at RB alone is ****. Just play Jenkinson ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom