• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: Rennes v Arsenal | March 7, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,109
  • Views 76,485

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrcopp

I can’t help but feel a little bit like I’ve been had, and for the second game in a row. And it’s happened many more times this season

5 minutes after our goal Auba was clean through but wrong flagged offisde - he was ok by a distance too. It happened at 2-1 tooo. On the red card, I can see why the first yellow was given, even if it was a slip. But the second was so clearly a dive. Your feet don’t into the air if you’ve been dragged back.

But it’s not just the referee. Emery was appalling again yesterday too. Fine, put Mhki at right back, but why continue it when it’s clearly not working? Fine, have 3 CMs, but why continue it when it’s not working? He could have pulled Özil over to the wing to cover with no subs

Then the subs were poor. Özil and Auba go off, and after that we can’t even get over the half way line. Still looking like the team will concede, despite the 5 man midfield, but now don’t even look dangerous. And despite the defensive changes, were still gung-ho which is how the 3rd goal came.

I feel like a joke is being played on me, like everyone is in on it and pouting and laughing.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I can’t help but feel a little bit like I’ve been had, and for the second game in a row. And it’s happened many more times this season

5 minutes after our goal Auba was clean through but wrong flagged offisde - he was ok by a distance too. It happened at 2-1 tooo. On the red card, I can see why the first yellow was given, even if it was a slip. But the second was so clearly a dive. Your feet don’t into the air if you’ve been dragged back.

But it’s not just the referee. Emery was appalling again yesterday too. Fine, put Mhki at right back, but why continue it when it’s clearly not working? Fine, have 3 CMs, but why continue it when it’s not working? He could have pulled Özil over to the wing to cover with no subs

Then the subs were poor. Özil and Auba go off, and after that we can’t even get over the half way line. Still looking like the team will concede, despite the 5 man midfield, but now don’t even look dangerous. And despite the defensive changes, were still gung-ho which is how the 3rd goal came.

I feel like a joke is being played on me, like everyone is in on it and pouting and laughing.
Agreed mate. For years I've felt this circus that is AFC is personal to me. The gods just ****ing hate us and love our rivals. How else do you explain this past decade?

ptrcopp

Agreed mate. For years I've felt this circus that is AFC is personal to me. The gods just ****ing hate us and love our rivals. How else do you explain this past decade?

Yesterday I left work earlier than normal to make sure I got the earlier train so I didn’t have to miss anything. Then, on the way down to the platform as the train is pulling up, my bike handle bar gets impossibly caught on the handle rail, so by the time I reach the platform the guard locks the doors. That means not only do I have to wait for the next train, the next train is the slow train. I watched the first ten min on the app, but missed the goal live because the connection timed out.

So when I get home I’m fuming. I down two beers, but console myself with the fact it should be a good game because we scored early and were looking dangerous, and I’ve made it in good time so I can still watch 3/4 of the match.

Strange this is, when Sok got sent off I calmed right down. I remembered I’d seen this particular show before and how it ended.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Only saw second half and also was a bit drunk. Reading Arseblog report it says we were fine until the sending off which was a bit unlucky, and for some reason we failed to hook an attacking player and things unravelled from there.

Why not sub one of the obvious candidates?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

ad0x0iqocsk21.jpg

Everyone was crap yesterday. We really need a new defence or at least build next season aroundSkratis, Mavro and Holding. The rest are too old.

We need to play with two strikers and lose Özil. Stop the rotation and build a solid a-team.

And what is up with Auba. He lost his x-factor. Lazy as ****.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Ref ruined the game once again. Some shocking individual performance though, Auba and Monreal took the piss. Mustafi is just Mustafi, if you play him that's what you get.

Everyone was pretty poor yesterday in the end. The first 30 minutes were fine, But as usual we wasnt clinical enough. I thought it looked like we could open them up at will and really put them to the sword however when we went to 10 men we were awful

Auba isnt a target man so he didnt really do us any favours with 10 men, I thought Emerys subs were a little strange but i could kind of understand what he was trying to achieve. The one thing that really bugged me was the fact that the players just didnt understand how to play with 10 men, They just didnt have a clue between them.

1-1 away from home in europe down to 10 men....So why are we not slowing the game down, WHY THE HELL WERE WE TAKING quick free kicks. The only person who tried to slow the game down was Xhaka on those corners. Earn a foul, Roll about for a minute slow down the god damn game.

The midfield lacked the intelligence to sit, stay infront of the back 4 become compact sit a bit deeper...bloody mental!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yesterday I left work earlier than normal to make sure I got the earlier train so I didn’t have to miss anything. Then, on the way down to the platform as the train is pulling up, my bike handle bar gets impossibly caught on the handle rail, so by the time I reach the platform the guard locks the doors. That means not only do I have to wait for the next train, the next train is the slow train. I watched the first ten min on the app, but missed the goal live because the connection timed out.

So when I get home I’m fuming. I down two beers, but console myself with the fact it should be a good game because we scored early and were looking dangerous, and I’ve made it in good time so I can still watch 3/4 of the match.

Strange this is, when Sok got sent off I calmed right down. I remembered I’d seen this particular show before and how it ended.
I feel you.

Ashybashy86

Everyone was pretty poor yesterday in the end. The first 30 minutes were fine, But as usual we wasnt clinical enough. I thought it looked like we could open them up at will and really put them to the sword however when we went to 10 men we were awful

Auba isnt a target man so he didnt really do us any favours with 10 men, I thought Emerys subs were a little strange but i could kind of understand what he was trying to achieve. The one thing that really bugged me was the fact that the players just didnt understand how to play with 10 men, They just didnt have a clue between them.

1-1 away from home in europe down to 10 men....So why are we not slowing the game down, WHY THE HELL WERE WE TAKING quick free kicks. The only person who tried to slow the game down was Xhaka on those corners. Earn a foul, Roll about for a minute slow down the god damn game.

The midfield lacked the intelligence to sit, stay infront of the back 4 become compact sit a bit deeper...bloody mental!
This is why having a couple of leaders in the squad is so important. I can’t think of anyone who can fill that role effectively.

This is why having a couple of leaders in the squad is so important. I can’t think of anyone who can fill that role effectively.

I think Sokratis is that guy, I also think Litch was brought with the intention of also being that guy but that hasnt worked out. But it doesnt really need a leader, The players just needed to use common sense, they have all been in that position before, They knew it wasnt win or bust on the night. Kos and Mustafi dont need to be leaders to tell Xhaka and Lucas to sit in front of them. Monreal was having a hard time dealing with the lad on the wing...Again whoever is over there should be thinking "My mates struggling here, I need to double up or sit closer to him until we find a way of coping with him".

We had to sacrifice our offensive game last night so we could keep it tight and deal with it in the second leg, We didnt do that and neither had a good defensive or offensive game after the red. Really frustating

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

my theory yesterday, and it makes even more sense today, is that Unai thought it's gonna be easy game.
3 mins in and it was obvious they are going to try and play which was an instant favor going our way. 20 mins in and it was even more clear...
He didn't change things as he usually does, didn't wanna take out some players, and just kept attacking!

emery is known as very good tactician. he himself said it there were games in his career where he realized 20 minutes in how the game is gonna go. there was that one game where he said it doesnt matter which 11 he picks as there was no way they would lose.

he is like that, which I actually like, but there are levels to it...

I kept thinking about it during the game, cause it looked so clear to me that he felt cocky about the game.

I believe we'll go thru easier then it looks now. and here I am, getting clearer and clearer picture of our manager with each game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom