• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Sporting drawing Juve has made this elimination sting even more. That would have been a quality European journey for us. And then potentially United or Sevilla in the semi? Yeah also quality.

Final looks like it'd have been a bit ****e though since the other side of the draw only has Roma and Mourinho imo has a glamour tie.

Jasinho

This guy is an immature dimwit. Beginning to think we have avoided an expensive mistake. Great talent, but his off field conduct is embarrassing.
This brother is sitting 10th in the league and he is laughing at the team top of the table, definitely not the brightest spark.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Sporting drawing Juve has made this elimination sting even more. That would have been a quality European journey for us. And then potentially United or Sevilla in the semi? Yeah also quality.

Final looks like it'd have been a bit ****e though since the other side of the draw only has Roma and Mourinho imo has a glamour tie.

Really? It's made it even easier for me tbqh. Having to play Juve on Thursdays while every PL game is effectively a cup final?

Yeah, bin that mate.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Couldn't watch the game live but watched the highlights just now. From looking at them their GK looks to have had a world performance. Some excellent saves plus their goal isn't one that you make more often then 1 out of 10 attempts. Just have to accept the loss on penalties, which are always a bit a matter of luck. Not the result we wanted but we move on. 💯

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We shall see. His strengths are very strong, but lots of weaknesses. Can he round out his game without losing the things he's good at? Bigger issue is that he's not a conductor like Ødegaard, or an accelerator like peak ESR, so can't be relied upon to be a creative fulcrum. I suspect he just doesn't fit our immediate needs very well. A lot depends on what Arteta plans to do next - not many could have forseen this season's tactical set up and deployment of certain personnel a year ago.

I'm curious, which strengths are very strong? I really don't see it. He's 23 in a few months. This is not young.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

I don’t really get this attitude though, Sp**s had it as well in that Europa Conference league. The idea that we are too good for this competition when the only thing we’ve won in years is an FA Cup and Charity Shield.

We should be trying to win this and we should expect the players to care about playing in it (though I think they probably do).

We are top of the league, there is no guarantee we will win it. We have to allocate resources wisely. It’s easy to say we should challenge on all fronts, but it’s clear we don’t have the depth in our squad to sustain two challenges a week and I’d much rather gamble on the league.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wow that 2nd half performance was bad, and the start of the game.

I wanted Ødegaard to start, and with him we would have likely won.

The passing was horrendous, they tried too difficult passes in the wrong places and failed so many things.

The injuries ruined us also, making it difficult to make impact changes. Had to sub Jesus at half-time because there was only one substitution time to use in the 2nd half.

Anyway, especially after the UEL draw, it's actually looking pretty good. Would have been Juventus, then likely United before the final. No guarantees to go through from those and couldn't rotate that much. So it's all good, bad days happen in football.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Not only Juve but then a double against Utd
Would have preferred to have played either of those in the final if we did get through yesterday. So just as well we did get out with vastly more important priorities at hand than Europe’s second tier competition.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The assumption was that the next opponent would be someone on the level of Sporting or about so.

It was Juventus, and then likely United, so now that we know, the result was very good. Should have just had a bit more bad luck and lost it before extra time.

A club like Arsenal will never forfeit an European competition totally by fielding some youth team etc. It's wishful thinking and totally unrealistic. Even UEL is worth millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom