• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This is the one aspect of their game I really like, their combination play is excellent. They really do focus on their positioning, even when it looks messy or disoriented, so they can play those quick combination passes and make a situation dangerous.

We need to be weary of that come Thursday.

We shouldn't underestimate them, that goes without saying.

But they're the ones who need to be wary of us. The Emirates is not a ground you come to play your own game, otherwise, you invite nothing but misery.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We shouldn't underestimate them, that goes without saying.

But they're the ones who need to be wary of us. The Emirates is not a ground you come to play your own game, otherwise, you invite nothing but misery.

Indeed, and I dont think we will underestimate them.

But I agree with you, think we should have to much for them at home. If we do our job like we can, we'll get the job done.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Saka start this, I swear...well I won't actually do anything, but I would be a little annoyed!

At most just have him on the bench.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Indeed, and I dont think we will underestimate them.

But I agree with you, think we should have to much for them at home. If we do our job like we can, we'll get the job done.

If we manage to emulate the first half against Fulham, we should rest the players likely to feature on Sunday.

Palace scares me because you never know which one will turn up. We haven't beaten the f*ckers at home in 4 years now. That is nothing short of scandalous!!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If Saka start this, I swear...well I won't actually do anything, but I would be a little annoyed!

At most just have him on the bench.
Agreed. Areta has been almost flawless this season but he's playing with fire continually putting Saka out there. He's clearly shattered. He needs a rest, ideally Thursday AND Sunday.

Riou

Agreed. Areta has been almost flawless this season but he's playing with fire continually putting Saka out there. He's clearly shattered. He needs a rest, ideally Thursday AND Sunday.

I wouldn't be brave enough to rest him on Sunday though, can't lie 😅

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We had a good enough team to beat them last week, but got over confident and a bit nonchalant after the first goal. Now they’re coming to the Emirates and are without two starting players in Coates and Morita.

League has to take precedence and playing Saka at all would be criminal. I’d start Xhaka and Saliba from the team yesterday and then rest everyone else. Would prefer Nketiah if fully fit and continue to ease in Jesus with a 20-30 min cameo this time.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be brave enough to rest him on Sunday though, can't lie 😅
Agree, he should play Sunday and pick up a knock in the last min and very unfortunately have to pass on the Int break this time :drool:

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Decisive European match under the lights at the carpet. The chorus of The Angel being sung by the faithful prior to kick off… fully expecting champagne football and a resounding win.

Let’s go

goonerfamily

I thought the fixture congestion benefitted some of our back ups. I thought Vieira for example looked quite sharp at Fulham because he's got more match sharpness than earlier in the season.

I'd rest Saka for this one, thought he looked a bit tired at the weekend.

I'd go:

Turner
Tomiyasu Holding Gabriel Tierney
Vieira Jorginho Xhaka
Nelson Trossard ESR

Give Jesus and ESR 45 minutes to build fitness.

Not the end of the world if we lose this one.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be honest I would go stronger in this than the away leg.

Firstly we don't have to travel. So that travel element won't play a part on the players in terms of tiredness. Also we play at home against Palace. Not away to say a team in the North of England or something.

I would also prefer to be maybe a couple of goals up, and them think the tie is over and then make the changes, to doing it the other way. Bringing players on needing to win the game.

Also we have the international break after Palace.

So something like:

Turner
Tomi
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko
Jorginho
Xhaka
Vieira
Saka
Trossard
Martinelli.

Saka and Martinelli to come off after 60-65 mins if we can for Jesus and Nelson. Maybe Tomi switches to LB and White comes on for Zinchenko.

I don't particularly want us to need Partey or Ødegaard.

But definitely go strong and try and win the game in 60-70 mins and rest the last 20. This isn't as easy a game as some people thought it would be.

People may think that less games is better but getting put out of this competition at home will have a bigger impact on these players than some may think.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People may think that less games is better but getting put out of this competition at home will have a bigger impact on these players than some may think.
Exactly. People don't realize that having hopes of more trophies will boost players mentally. Also they don't realize how important momentum is. Losing a match like this can be a huge downer.

There is also much more depth in the squad soon hopefully. It's already starting to show. And in this season there are still those 5 subs to use.

Riou

Basically Bellerin's testimonial this, 4-1 to The Arsenal!

Since this is sorta true, may aswell post some Hector nostalgia...

...3 FA Cups, 3 Community Shields and just being a good Arsenal guy 👍

quattro

if we can afford to start Turner, might as well start Holding and Kiwior. two of those played significant duties to reach the round of 16 in the World Cup and Holding did pretty well against City in the FA Cup. has nothing to do with resting our regular defense, more to do with delivering on the idea that this is indeed a squad where players must earn their keep. that is unless they're absolutely terrible in training, which should be the main reason for keeping them on ice.

while I agree that going out here can be deflating, I don't think the psychological fallout will be any more devastating than going out of the FA Cup at the hands of your closest title rivals.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ramsdale
Tomi
Holding
Gabriel
Tierney (highly doubtful tho)
Jorginho
Xhaka
Vieira
Reiss