• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Mohamed7

To be honest I would go stronger in this than the away leg.

Firstly we don't have to travel. So that travel element won't play a part on the players in terms of tiredness. Also we play at home against Palace. Not away to say a team in the North of England or something.

I would also prefer to be maybe a couple of goals up, and them think the tie is over and then make the changes, to doing it the other way. Bringing players on needing to win the game.

Also we have the international break after Palace.

So something like:

Turner
Tomi
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko
Jorginho
Xhaka
Vieira
Saka
Trossard
Martinelli.

Saka and Martinelli to come off after 60-65 mins if we can for Jesus and Nelson. Maybe Tomi switches to LB and White comes on for Zinchenko.

I don't particularly want us to need Partey or Ødegaard.

But definitely go strong and try and win the game in 60-70 mins and rest the last 20. This isn't as easy a game as some people thought it would be.

People may think that less games is better but getting put out of this competition at home will have a bigger impact on these players than some may think.
Exactly my thoughts 👍🏾

Gunners1616

Not sure about starting Trossard after he just came back from that groin injury... Jesus also just came back. And Saka clearly needs a small rest.

Let's hope Eddie gets back for that one.

I can see a trio made of Nelson - Eddie - Martinelli.... which is a bit light weight so we would have to start Jorginho/Xhaka/Ødegaard behind them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ramsdale
Tomi-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
Jorginho-Xhaka
Nelson-Ødegaard-Martinelli
Trossard
...like Turner, good lad...but Aaron is just a better keeper, business is business.

Good chance to rest Saka and Partey, while want to keep Tomi and Kieran with some match sharpness Incase anything happens to any of our defenders...but bar, that first team, plus give Jesus at least 30 mins here too.

Lehmann (54) Campbell (50) Toure (53) and their starts in brackets in 2004...if we want to win something this season, we need Ramsdale/Saliba/Gabriel near these types of figures in all comps (plus Partey to play at least in all our remaining league games)

Take this game too lightly on Thursday and we could be out, can't be having that.

NZgunner

I like the team in the post above - would like it if we could rest Xhaka as well, but not any options really.

Don't hate me, but I would actually rather lose this game to give ourselves the best possible chance at winning the league. The longer we stay in the comp the more seriously we have to take it, and the more likely it is we play someone like Utd.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wouldn't drop Turner for this. I would in the final if he doesn't improve until then.

It's important to have some match sharpness for the 2nd keeper, in case Ramsdale gets injured. Also it would affect him mentally and confidence if he gets dropped because of one bad pass or something. Ramsdale has made similar passing mistakes in recent times when passing from the back.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
-----------------------------------Turner
Tomi------------Saliba------------------------Kiwior---------------Tierney
------------------------------Jorginho
----------------Vieira-----------------------Xhaka

Nelson----------------------Jesus----------------------ESR

Trossard for ESR if he isn't ready. Probably the best minutes you can give Jesus. Slower pace, less physical. 60 minutes would be good.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I wouldn't drop Turner for this. I would in the final if he doesn't improve until then.

It's important to have some match sharpness for the 2nd keeper, in case Ramsdale gets injured. Also it would affect him mentally and confidence if he gets dropped because of one bad pass or something. Ramsdale has made similar passing mistakes in recent times when passing from the back.

If Turner doesn't improve until the final, we're probably not going to be in the final mate

He's a decent shop stopper but he's nervous / poor playing out from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom