• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Jack badmon

Do you have any arguments vs those already put forth on this subject?

Your emotions add nothing. Do you think we have the depth to challenge on all fronts? Don’t you think we should focus on capitalizing on our league position?

All fronts? We are talking about an extra game. We beat Everton midweek and then beat Bournemouth on Saturday.

We should be Capitalizing on our momentum, I have just seen Haaland off the back of scoring 5 in midweek score a hat trick tonight. Man United have been competitive in four competitions with a significantly worse team than us.

Of course rotate but with context applied at this stage Europa League should be taken as seriously as the league. I want to be leaving here with something. Look how well putting eggs in one basket worked for us last year. We got to change this mindset fast otherwise we are not moving on from the Top 4 trophy era.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
All fronts? We are talking about an extra game. We beat Everton midweek and then beat Bournemouth on Saturday.

We should be Capitalizing on our momentum, I have just seen Haaland off the back of scoring 5 in midweek score a hat trick tonight. Man United have been competitive in four competitions with a significantly worse team than us.

Of course rotate but with context applied at this stage Europa League should be taken as seriously as the league. I want to be leaving here with something. Look how well putting eggs in one basket worked for us last year. We got to change this mindset fast otherwise we are not moving on from the Top 4 trophy era.

We tried rotating and that’s why we were beaten. Only our first team can compete at the top. We can’t compete without Partey and Ødegaard and don’t have good backups for them. We just Saliba and have to rely on Holding now in the league. You see the problem?

We are talking 5 extra games. We used to laugh at Sp**s for getting tired for the league by playing Thursday nights. It’s well known that it’s difficult to turn around and consistently play the same team Thursday and Sunday and not lose effectiveness.

Haaland is not pressing and busting a gut to defend every game like our forwards. Haaland has one job, to score goals. That’s a luxury we do not have.
Man United are 16 points below us in the league.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

I agree we need to be competing on all fronts. I just don’t think we currently have the squad to do it. We may not have the squad to even maintain our title run.

Jack badmon

We tried rotating and that’s why we were beaten. Only our first team can compete at the top. We can’t compete without Partey and Ødegaard and don’t have good backups for them. We just Saliba and have to rely on Holding now in the league. You see the problem?

We are talking 5 extra games. We used to laugh at Sp**s for getting tired for the league by playing Thursday nights. It’s well known that it’s difficult to turn around and consistently play the same team Thursday and Sunday and not lose effectiveness.

Haaland is not pressing and busting a gut to defend every game like our forwards. Haaland has one job, to score goals. That’s a luxury we do not have.
Man United are 16 points below us in the league.

I am saying in a key game like Thursday play your key players. We basically threw the tie not starting Partey and Ødegaard across both legs.

I am not budging here I can not accept us effectively throwing away all of our other outlets for trophies to concentrate on the league - not when I see a weak United
team staying competitive. It is extremely risky and fair enough if we win the league it will be worth it but we have just upped the stakes tremendously now and I hate to admit it but once again we saw how that went for us last year.

Legend14

Established Member

100 Percent.

City and ManU have the right attitude here. Not sure why we capitulate to what can be summed up as a losing narrative. We are not Sp**s, so lets not act like them.

Badger_Revenge

I think Arteta thought he could win with that lineup. I think the changes made sense based on recent form and injuries. I was excited to see what that lineup would do. The early injuries made things trickier than they needed to be.

Sporting had a good tactical plan for Arsenal's way of playing, and they executed it well. It was particularly problematic for Jorginho.

Plus they had an outstanding goal keeper performance and more desire IMO. For them this is everything this year. They are in 4th and a bit behind the champions league places.

Fair play to them.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We didn't take our chances, their keeper had a blinder. They scored a freak goal. On another day we would've scored 3 and won the tie with a 2 goal margin.

Looking at all the injuries I'm glad we only now focus on the league. Our squad is thin, one or two key injuries and we're in big trouble.

City can bench kdb and still win. that's how much depth they have. We can't do that with ode, saka, partey, zinchencko, Saliba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom