• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov | February 21, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
4-2-3-1 with Niles Koscielny Monreal Kolasinac Torreira Ramsey Mkhi Özil Suarez Auba.

Just noticed something I hadn’t thought about when looking at that team. If he plays two holding/defensive midfielders in this game it’s just as bad as playing three at the back. Ramsey (if fit) should be one of the midfield two. Or better yet, play 4-1-4-1.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
We should go back to a back 4 and play Osei-Tutu if AMN can't be trusted for the RB role. Enough mucking about with the 3.

I wish we trusted in our youth more instead of playing Xhaka at LB/CB and AMN at RB.

I think that is where Wenger lost his way as well in recent seasons. AMN had a game or two at CM in the FA Cup and looked alright but couldn't get a look in, in the league even though Xhaka was playing horribly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like if Emery gone 442 with Iwobi Suarez mkhi as wide players and Lacazzete Auba as forward that if Özil kept out from the team.

elemoo

Due to injuries and Laca ban, Unai to play Özil (who will get 1 goal + 2 assists), Iwobi + Suarez on the wings... 3 - 1 Arsenal, scenes at the weekend when Özil is taken back out of the squad for tactical reasons.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Having Sokratis back is a boost. Atleast he provides a calming presence to Koscielny. Can't deal with both Mustafi and Koscielny booting the ball into their own faces and putting strikers through on goal.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Considering how much of the ball we’ll have I’d like to see this:

Cech

Niles Mustafi Koscielny Kola

Torreira Xhaka

Mickey Mesut Suarez

Auba
But this is what I think we’ll get:

Cech

Mustafi Koscielny Monreal

Niles Guendouzi Torreira Kola

Mickey Auba Iwobi

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Will have to score at least 3, because keeping clean sheet looks like mission impossible.
Exactly what I wanted to say in here. We need goals.
This may just be our only realistic way of getting back into the CL at this point so we need to be completely unlike how we've been for months. Depressing, yet, here I am looking forward to watching my team after a weekend without them. I'm a fool.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
If he plays more than 5 defensive players (defensive + cdms), will lose even 1% hope of any good football under emery ever. And especially without laca, need more attacking players.

Vantastico

We need to play 4 at the back, and give the 2 CB's the freedom to pass the ball into one of our holding midfielders (not two, unless we are up several goals).

Torreira can be a 3rd CB in possesion and drop to advance the ball to Guendouzi and/or Ramsey, who have the creative and technical ability to find our forwards from the midfield areas.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
3 at the back is absolutely not necessary here. We need to blow them away within the first half hour and then see the tie out.

I wanna see a competent, attacking display to right some wrongs. Just to repeat, NO THREE AT THE BACK.

Cech
AMN Sok Kos Kola
Xhaka Torreira
Suarez Özil Iwobi
Aubameyang

Subs: Leno, Nacho, Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi, Mkhitaryan, Nketiah.

Need to see what Suarez can do from the start here. It’s a relatively straightforward fixture for him to impress in. Bring back our creative hub, aka Özil- a real no.10 with an eye for a killer pass, not a flatter to deceive Armenian.

5-0. Anything less will be slightly disappointing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom