• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov | February 21, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Didn't watch the match but I already knew Arsenal will win. Congrats to the players and the head coach. Nice to see that Xhaka has saved Emery's job with two assists, now to be honest. : D

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yeah hoping for an easy draw, but I don't fear any of the teams left tbh, we can beat them all..
As long as Sokratis-Koscielny are at the back and Aubameyang-Lacazette up front I'd honestly be confident against anyone

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That's the only game all season where I've been pleased Lichtsteiner was playing, we are so sloppy sometimes! Anyway, we're through!

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Didn’t take my own advice on +2.5 goals. Instead bet on goal in each half Arsenal + Chelsea Win + Inter Win

£107 up but it will all get blown on tequila tomorrow anyway.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We weren't great but it was a vast improvement on last week. Lichsteiner, who found his level tonight, cleared off the line at 1-0. We didn't boss the game throughout as we should have.

There was real concern that we wouldn't go through and people only relaxed at 3-0. Before the start I caught Gunneraurus in an unguarded moment and even he looked worried.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We were very nervy at times but we managed to see it out. Certain players had much better games than they have recently and I think that helped us see it through.
Must say, for all the World Class comments PEA has received on here, he really didn't look it last night. Still he moved their defense around and linked up well at times.
Great from Özil. Sokratis is a beast. Monreal and Lich had great games as well.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's concerning to me that we werent able to score an open play goal in 180 minutes against BATE Borisov.

The lack of one offensive player should not really matter

Bergkamp1988

This is what happens when you play a 4 2 3 1 with your best players in their preferred position. Not that hard really. Pretty obvious too. Hope this wakes you the **** up Unai.

ptrcopp

Bit of a running theme that though. At the end of it we didn't score except two CB headers from set pieces

We aren’t making very many chances. They do miss chances, but they’re never sitters. This is the key issue.
Our play is so straight forward, bland and predictable, so much so that we struggle to create chances against the worst teams.

MikeVinna

Established Member
This is what happens when you play a 4 2 3 1 with your best players in their preferred position. Not that hard really. Pretty obvious too. Hope this wakes you the **** up Unai.

I agree 100%. However when Laca’s available that means Auba on the flank which isnt really ideal. 3 or 5 at the back should have been buried a long time ago though..

MikeVinna

Established Member
We aren’t making very many chances. They do miss chances, but they’re never sitters. This is the key issue.
Our play is so straight forward, bland and predictable, so much so that we struggle to create chances against the worst teams.

This is why Özil could be so very important for us. He does so well playing between the lines and finding the players out wide that we’ll always create chances..

Ashybashy86

We were very nervy at times but we managed to see it out. Certain players had much better games than they have recently and I think that helped us see it through.
Must say, for all the World Class comments PEA has received on here, he really didn't look it last night. Still he moved their defense around and linked up well at times.
Great from Özil. Sokratis is a beast. Monreal and Lich had great games as well.
At one point I was thinking, good thing we aren’t chasing the game. If we had been, I don’t think we could’ve counted on him to score. He has moments were he shows his class, but he’s too inconsistent.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Auba been poor a while hasnt he?
Yes.

We were a lot better last night. Özil showed his silk in the first half, became kind of useless in the second half.

Mkhitaryan showed good drive and put in a couple of dangerous balls but otherwise sloppy as usual.

Iwobi lively in first half, indecisive and limited in the second.

We need more quick passing triangles and slick combination play to be less predictable.

But I'm not sure we have good enough players for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom