• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: BATE Borisov v Arsenal | February 14, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Was this worse than losing to Ostersunds at home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

Yes. If he would have been at Arsenal his form wouldn't have dipped. He was great for us.

But hes gone now. Fuk him off.
Perhaps you missed his high turnover ratios and his lone wolf mentality during the latter stages of his tenure here? Once the goals dried up, it became very apparent to the fans.

He struggles in a fluid offense and it’s showing at United.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
wow we lost.. I suppose this had potential for an upset with the bad pitch and cold weather. Should still easily beat them by a few goals at home, unfortunate that we won't be able to rotate now. The stats doesn't look good, created only 5 chances against Bate, something has to be done with our offensive play, especially against these smaller teams..

Although I think we'll get through if we were to be knocked out, on tonight's performance, it wouldn't be the greatest upset in the history of association football.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I had doubts about the quality of our squad but was assured that Emery's tactics would mask a lot of our deficiencies. The players look lost and in their shells. Where is our new manager bounce? What videos and analysis were Emery and Co doing all week? Next week should be interesting but right now, WTH :mad:.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Denis Suarez’s cameos have been so poor. We can’t hide from it. I don’t doubt for a second there’s a player in there but he needs to get with the program.

Not surprised tbh, Would we have been any worse giving whatever minutes Suarez will get to ESR instead? I really don't want us to make this deal permanent, only way we should imo is if he legit performs as one of our best players.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
wow we lost.. I suppose this had potential for an upset with the bad pitch and cold weather. Should still easily beat them by a few goals at home, unfortunate that we won't be able to rotate now. The stats doesn't look good, created only 5 chances against Bate, something has to be done with our offensive play, especially against these smaller teams..
I don't agree that well easily beat them. Auba now has to play lone striker with no decent wingers. We're struggling to create chances. Next week will be hard fought triumph or a disaster.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
People who are confident we are getting through are probably the same lot who were confident we were gonna win this game in the second half just cause we had couple of good chances in the first 5 minutes.

When was the last time we beat any **** team easily? Emery is gonna turn up to the match with a team full of defensive midfielders. All they need to do is score one against our ****e defense and the tie will be pretty much over.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yes. If he would have been at Arsenal his form wouldn't have dipped. He was great for us.

But hes gone now. Fuk him off.
He downed tools with us from the start of the season and he's never regained it. Age,injury and disenchantment play a part but all the ex pros who bang on about working hard constantly and not being able to turn form on at will are so right.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This approach of adapting to them or focusing on consolidation is really paying them too much respect, something we don't need to do. I agree, it's kinda difficult to watch. I was watching the game v Huddersfield on the weekend and found myself getting more engrossed by the Hoffenheim-Dortmund game.

Yeah our play is too rigid.. Against these smaller teams there's something to just giving the players freedom to create and express themselves.. The difference in quality will show the majority of the time.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
People who are confident we are getting through are probably the same lot who were confident we were gonna win this game in the second half just cause we had couple of good chances in the first 5 minutes.

When was the last time we beat any **** team easily? Emery is gonna turn up to the match with a team full of defensive midfielders. All they need to do is score one against our ****e defense and the tie will be pretty much over.
Fulham.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I don't agree that well easily beat them. Auba now has to play lone striker with no decent wingers. We're struggling to create chances. Next week will be hard fought triumph or a disaster.

Yeah fair enough, these supposedly easier games has been hard work for us even at home, so I shouldn't say easily beat them.. Still it's Bate, not qualifying against them would be a major upset and I just don't see that happening.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah fair enough, these supposedly easier games has been hard work for us even at home, so I shouldn't say easily beat them.. Still it's Bate, not qualifying against them would be a major upset and I just don't see that happening.
Ssshh mate. Fate will hear you.

arsmile

Established Member
tonight was like the team instructions for all 11 players was "play like you're iwobi"

it's absolutely mad that Özil cannot make the squad but iwobi us undroppable...says everything about our current priorites/plan.

run around lots like an idiot

is the long and the short of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom