• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32: BATE Borisov v Arsenal | February 14, 2019 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Was this worse than losing to Ostersunds at home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It‘s unbelievable to lose to the team of this level, even with current form, squad and joke of the manager. It‘s historical win for Belarus, maybe Lukasenko will make a public holiday on this occasion :)
Almost as historical as Ostersunds winning at the Emirates, or Zagreb ending their 16 year wait for a CL win against Arsenal.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Thankfully I missed the game as I was travelling. Not going to watch highlights or anything.

say yes

forum master baiter
Is it just me or does Cech and Koscielny both starting = automatic loss?

Their record together over the last year has been absolutely appalling. Difficult for any team to carry two players with such a loser mentality.

BobP

Memri Fan
We lost because of the Serbian officials.

There was no way we were going to win this fixture with two Albanians in the side, as if Mustafi wasn't enough of a handicap.

It was basically a racist conspiracy.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Did I ever say another good reason I want Özil to evaporate is because his existence skews every vote on AM? :lol:

Mohamed7

The overreacting in here. Lol. You would swear we've dropped out. We were poor though and if we want to win this thing we cant have the old man in goal. Reacted slow to that header.

Really glad someone else thinks he was partially at fault for the goal. With good reaction, it was save able.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
As the final whistle blew at the Borisov Arena on Thursday night, the assembled Arsenal hierarchy watching from one of stadium’s plush executive boxes got to their feet and collectively shook their heads en masse.

It was a far cry from before kick-off when head of football Raul Sanllehi, managing director Vinai Venkatesham and Huss Fahmy had all appeared cool, calm and collected.

By full-time the smiles had long gone, however, and had been replaced by a look of frustration that wouldn’t have looked out of place on every fan in the away end at the far side of the ground.

Aside from Stan and Josh Kroenke, the most powerful men at Arsenal were all packed into that room at the Borisov Arena and even though there was a pane of glass separating them from the press box, the sense of disbelief was palpable.

Fahmy shook his head over and over again, Vekatesham slumped in his chair while an ashen-faced Sanllehi soon headed for the exit. This was not the result anyone had been expecting.

Interesting stuff from Charles Watts, hopefully this result makes it clear to those running the club that what's required to improve this team.

Gursha

When we beat Chelsea, I wrote Im almost as sad as im happy just because i saw how vital Bellerin was to our new tactics.

The recent games since his injury only proved that I was so damn right.

People are criticizing the mid and Matteo and playing two DM's etc.

What people are missing is that all of this is happening cause our back cant pass their way out of pressure, they cant donate anything to the attack. so teams that can press well, or sit very deep ( and mark the midfield) will always make us look bad.

When we had bellerin, he always made the right call, weather if its to dribble or to pass, made a pressure cutting passes, that sort of play freed up the midfield that had a few extra seconds on the ball, And we saw on the first half what distribution Matteo has, when hes got time and space.

Mustafi is like a contrast to Bellerin, he always makes the bad call, dribble when he should pass and pass when he should dribble\ or pass to a diff player.

People underestimate the effects of Bellerin and Mustafi, one positive and one negative.

Our problem isnt in the midfield, its in our ball playing defence.

Hope

Less
When we beat Chelsea, I wrote Im almost as sad as im happy just because i saw how vital Bellerin was to our new tactics.

What people are missing is that all of this is happening cause our back cant pass their way out of pressure, they cant donate anything to the attack. so teams that can press well, or sit very deep ( and mark the midfield) will always make us look bad.

When we had bellerin, he always made the right call, weather if its to dribble or to pass, made a pressure cutting passes, that sort of play freed up the midfield that had a few extra seconds on the ball, And we saw on the first half what distribution Matteo has, when hes got time and space.

Mustafi is like a contrast to Bellerin, he always makes the bad call, dribble when he should pass and pass when he should dribble\ or pass to a diff player.

People underestimate the effects of Bellerin and Mustafi, one positive and one negative.

So there is no plan B then?

You just sit there and cry that our RB is gone so this is acceptable?

What happens when the players who sign in the summer get injured? Will such performances be acceptable?

The Homeless have Kane and Ali injured yet they have found a way and thats why Manager is there. Do something.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

So our in and out form, even if it was still in and out when he was fit, is due to the absence of our... rightback.

Everything evolved around Hector Bellerin--am I reading that right?

Gursha

So there is no plan B then?

You just sit there and cry that our RB is gone so this is acceptable?

What happens when the players who sign in the summer get injured? Will such performances be acceptable?

The Homeless have Kane and Ali injured yet they have found a way and thats why Manager is there. Do something.

Where in my entire post did i say thats acceptable? there are areas to be addressed, and they werent.
im not saying what we saw was acceptable. im just implying the people that are blaming our midfield are wrong.

If we want to play in a certain way we need to have the players to do so.

and I didnt say im happy about the situation. this is a really bad situation to be in. but I do think that we can be a different animal with bellerin.
That doesnt deny the fact we need to invest in back ups and other areas...

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom