• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Olympiakos (1) | Thursday, March 18 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
gun-1251444112-uefa-olympiacos.jpg

• Aubameyang's winner against Benfica in the round of 32 second leg was Arsenal's 100th goal in the UEFA Europa League, group stage to final, making them the tenth club to reach that landmark – although arch rivals Tottenham beat them to it by a day.

• Sokratis Papastathopoulos joined Olympiacos in January after being released from his Arsenal contract. Having joined the Gunners in 2018 he made 69 appearances in all competitions, including the 2019 UEFA Europa League final, and scored six goals.

• Papastathopoulos and Aubameyang were also team-mates at Borussia Dortmund from 2013 to 2018.

• Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal) and Bruma (Olympiacos) spent the second half of 2018/19 together at RB Leipzig.

• José Holebas had five seasons in the English Premier League with Watford before returning for a second spell with Olympiacos at the end of last season.

• Olympiacos midfielder Yann M'Vila spent 2015/16 on loan at Premier League side Sunderland, while Andreas Bouchalakis is a former Nottingham Forest player, having spent 2017/18 with the club in the English Championship.

• Arsenal striker Lacazette and Olympiacos midfielder Mathieu Valbuena are former Lyon (2015–17) and France (2013–15) team-mates.

• José Sá and Rúben Semedo (Olympiacos) are Portugal team-mates of Arsenal's Cédric, while Hassan and Elneny are fellow Egyptian internationals.

• Olympiacos are one of five clubs appearing in the UEFA Europa League round of 16 for the second successive season, along with Manchester United, Rangers, Roma and Shakhtar Donetsk.

• Olympiacos concluded the first phase of the Greek Super League at the weekend with a 16-point lead at the top of the table, having won 21 and drawn four of their 26 matches, while Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League despite coming from behind to beat local rivals Tottenham 2-1 at home on Sunday.

Team News
Arsenal: Saka out

Untitled.jpg

Could see more changes but I think Arteta will start strong to kill off the tie completely and then sub guys off later

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Leno
Bellerin Holding Mari Cedric
Elneny Partey
Pepe ESR Willian
Auba

Last edited:

Pop Tart

Established Member
gun-1251444112-uefa-olympiacos.jpg

• Aubameyang's winner against Benfica in the round of 32 second leg was Arsenal's 100th goal in the UEFA Europa League, group stage to final, making them the tenth club to reach that landmark – although arch rivals Tottenham beat them to it by a day.

• Sokratis Papastathopoulos joined Olympiacos in January after being released from his Arsenal contract. Having joined the Gunners in 2018 he made 69 appearances in all competitions, including the 2019 UEFA Europa League final, and scored six goals.

• Papastathopoulos and Aubameyang were also team-mates at Borussia Dortmund from 2013 to 2018.

• Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal) and Bruma (Olympiacos) spent the second half of 2018/19 together at RB Leipzig.

• José Holebas had five seasons in the English Premier League with Watford before returning for a second spell with Olympiacos at the end of last season.

• Olympiacos midfielder Yann M'Vila spent 2015/16 on loan at Premier League side Sunderland, while Andreas Bouchalakis is a former Nottingham Forest player, having spent 2017/18 with the club in the English Championship.

• Arsenal striker Lacazette and Olympiacos midfielder Mathieu Valbuena are former Lyon (2015–17) and France (2013–15) team-mates.

• José Sá and Rúben Semedo (Olympiacos) are Portugal team-mates of Arsenal's Cédric, while Hassan and Elneny are fellow Egyptian internationals.

• Olympiacos are one of five clubs appearing in the UEFA Europa League round of 16 for the second successive season, along with Manchester United, Rangers, Roma and Shakhtar Donetsk.

• Olympiacos concluded the first phase of the Greek Super League at the weekend with a 16-point lead at the top of the table, having won 21 and drawn four of their 26 matches, while Arsenal are tenth in the Premier League despite coming from behind to beat local rivals Tottenham 2-1 at home on Sunday.

Team News
Arsenal: Saka out

Untitled.jpg

Could see more changes but I think Arteta will start strong to kill off the tie completely and then sub guys off later
Cellbaos **** no, would not trust him to make a cuppa.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
There is not a game that Xhaka hasn't started for Arteta because he trusts in Xhaka a lot. I would say:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Mari Cedric
Xhaka Ceballos/Elneny
Pepe ESR Willian
Auba

Partey, Ødegaard and Tierney needs a rest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we gone to extremely self destruction we won't bottle this they need 3 goals to go through I'd rest few players but hope Arteta won't change much. I hope Martinelli get minutes it's unfair he been really left out. Tierney Luiz Partey ESR should all be on bench

Leno
Bellerin Mari Gabriel Cedric
Ceballos Xhaka
Pepe Ødegaard Willian
Auba

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Cedric
Elneny Xhaka
Pepe Ode/ESR Willian
Auba
I think we're as good as through so rest Partey and Tierney. Pick one of Ødegaard or ESR to start, no sense in risking both of them. Keep the Luiz/Gabriel partnership going, can only help us down the road if we have a steady partnership at the back. Not overly fond of playing both Elneny and Xhaka but I'd prefer that than Ceballos. Hopefully Martinelli can get some minutes.

ThePortugueseGunner

I would do a bit of rotation in this game, due to the upcoming away game at West Ham, and the two goal advantage we bring from the first-leg.

Perhaps something like:

Leno
Bellerin / Luiz / Mari / Soares
Elneny / Xhaka
Pepe / Smith-Rowe / Willian
Lacazette

We already have one foot in the Quarter-Finals, it would take a massive screw-up to be eliminated (again) by Olympiacos - unacceptable to even think about it.

say yes

forum master baiter
I'm a bit too worried about this fixture.

Would be the most Arsenal thing ever to lose this. Early red card, something stupid. We couldn't, could we?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Elneny Xhaka
Pepe Ødegaard Martinelli
Lacazette

Rest Partey and ESR they need to be handled correctly. I want them both fresh for West Ham, its 3 days after the Olympiakos game.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This tie is won provided we don't have what would be the most ridiculous implosion ever. This is not a team that should ever beat Arsenal 3-0. Away from home? No way.

For this week the PL should take priority in that we'll need the freshest team possible to get something from the West Ham game. Freshen it up, we've got a strong enough squad to ensure we have at least 5/6 different starters on Thursday and Sunday. Use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom