• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Decent enough result in a game we could have won. Doubt the away goal holds as much weight given both legs at neutral venues, both teams will think they can score 2nd leg.

Iceman10

Established Member
I suspect it’s to do with being so cautious against such an underwhelming opponent who had some glaring vulnerabilities. The chances we had were literally the only times we tried to be direct.

It’s almost like we didn’t want to counter attack in case we got counter counter attacked.

Got back to 1-1 and ran down the clock.

This was also the reverse of our rotation for cup and league matches against Southampton, where Arteta went all out with selection for this cup tie first leg. I suspect Pepe and maybe more will come in for the league match with City where there may be a mentality of knowing City are overwhelming favourites for all three points. When such calculations are made justification really only comes if the cup tie is put to bed in the first leg. With all respect afforded, that was a weak Benfica team on the pitch (I agree), we missed some chances, but we also generated way too few chances for the differential of quality on the pitch.

Arteta is also now in a no-win situation for me because if rotation is not deployed against City I will start to be getting more than annoyed with his overplaying of ESR, and that’s after just the first match in a heavy critical run of fixtures within a short space of time. We also had five substitutes possible for this match and I still do think they could have been used better, both for the match itself, as well as keeping some legs fresh for the bigger picture.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The result of a team we long way to go, not that we didn’t already know that.

Wasn’t bad as it’s being made out there were chances, just didn’t take them. Similar to Wolves, this game could’ve been killed before they came into it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In what way?

The Luiz against Wolves thing wound me up a lot. As an ex defender, I would have thought he could see the injustice in it, but no, he doesnt like Luiz (despite time playing well recently) so made it out to be all his own fault and that we deserved what happened. Its just little stuff like that, probably (this is probably a bit petty from me tbh lol).

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

What a clown, all those guys are just laughing at him. A overgrown 12 year old, these kind of men are embarrassing. This is what represents Arsenal.

Troopz is so much more embarrassing now he's out in the US, he didn't stand out that much around all the other tards at AFTV. Now he's some court jester for these Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom